talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

So against this “sport” but obviously here I am. So much in the media, saw the controversial man’s interview after the game which I thought was interesting as a mere n00b of this “sport”. Crazy scenes. Happy McGregor lost. ;) 

• Upvote 1

Let's not have short memories here. Before this whole feud with Khabib started, Conor was a great gobshite. He may have said things, but he never got personal to this level, there was always the element of fun and the showmanship was the main aim for his cracks. 

This has been a deeply personal fight for both men. Both of them have crossed the line with their actions. I don't need to see a rematch, it'll just go the same way and there would be too much intensity in the build up again. 

McGregor needs to fight Diaz again, that should be his next move.  

• Subscriber

Khabib and his team are sneaky dodgy rats. There’s so much more to them and why Conor said what he said. See what he did there.... he said. He didn’t attack. Look at the respect shown after the Diaz fights. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Danny said:

McGregor pushing for a rematch, Dana will pretend to be angry about all of this and then the UFC will blow up everything that's happened again.

Can only see Khabib winning the rematch

He’s hardly pushing, he just released one tweet and a few short words. It would be big though, but I hope Khabib gets banned. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Conor hit him first

He was punched from behind.

One of those idiots was scheduled to fight for the UFC later this month against one of Conor’s friends, Lobov. But... Dana has said already that those who jumped in and attacked Conor will never fight for the UFC again. And rightly so. 

• Subscriber

I’ve never seen this thread so busy, all of you slating Conor when there’s so much more to Khabib and his team and his rich corrupt friends. 

Yes Conor is this and he’s that, yet the majority of you wouldn’t be even reading or posting in here if it wasn’t for him. Cannabis got skated for calling him the goat, but in the way he’s transcended the sport he is the goat. More so than Lesnar or Rousey. 

In terms of ability I think Jon Jones is the goat. Such a shame that he’s made stupid choices outside the Octogon and messed his career around. Can’t wait to see him back. 

Basically Conor and his team got a piece of their own medicine. Don't defend any of the fighters, plus i am not a fan of either of them. Still in the Octagon where it matters Conor was outclassed, he was made to look average and he was on the wrong foot even in boxing. Out boxed out grappled and mauled all fight. Khabib should have stayed in the ring etc, since i know Dana will look forward to strip him as he knows in this Galaxy Conor can't beat him. He was calling for a rematch? You get a rematch for close fights this was a destruction.

Edited by True Blue
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Conor hit him first

Mate, the Ruskiscaled the fucken octagon walls and belted McGregor in the head from behind. Good laugh, McGregor tagged him pretty hard afterwards but it wasn't the first swing.

McGregor is too explosive, he gases out after two or three rounds. That is why he can never be the GOAT, he can't go the distance.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Georges Saint-Pierre is the GOAT.

Definitely one of. Credit to Bisping for getting that fight but there was only ever 1 winner. Anderson and Henderson were past their prime, but i have a lot of respect for Bisping and his longevity, and getting the big fights he had chased for so long. From being a journeyman to being World Champion. Hard work! *Floyd Mayweather voice* Dedication! 

Jon Jones is the goat for me. Cormier is a 2 weight champion and Jones made him look average, twice.

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Definitely one of. Credit to Bisping for getting that fight but there was only ever 1 winner. Anderson and Henderson were past their prime, but i have a lot of respect for Bisping and his longevity, and getting the big fights he had chased for so long. From being a journeyman to being World Champion. Hard work! *Floyd Mayweather voice* Dedication! 

Jon Jones is the goat for me. Cormier is a 2 weight champion and Jones made him look average, twice.

On roids though

Have people not seen the fucking video? McGregor scales the fence and punches the lad in black. He punched him first. I’m not denying the lad in the red shirt who jumped the fence is a fucking cock but take the McGregor blinkers off for 3 seconds and watch the footage ffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’ve never seen this thread so busy, all of you slating Conor when there’s so much more to Khabib and his team and his rich corrupt friends. 

Yes Conor is this and he’s that, yet the majority of you wouldn’t be even reading or posting in here if it wasn’t for him. Cannabis got skated for calling him the goat, but in the way he’s transcended the sport he is the goat. More so than Lesnar or Rousey. 

In terms of ability I think Jon Jones is the goat. Such a shame that he’s made stupid choices outside the Octogon and messed his career around. Can’t wait to see him back. 

McGregor is nowhere near a GOAT. The mainstream media latched onto him, he duly obliged and now everyone sucks his cock left, right and center. Even mentioning Lesnar is laughable. The greats are men like Liddel, Griffin, GSP and Frank Shamrock. Also Silva, Belfort, Couture. McGregor is a mouthpiece. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its why I rarely discuss MMA as all you fucking hear about these days is that Irish spunk trumpet who’s idolised by bandwagon cunts. Not you though babe X

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

McGregor is nowhere near a GOAT. The mainstream media latched onto him, he duly obliged and now everyone sucks his cock left, right and center. Even mentioning Lesnar is laughable. The greats are men like Liddel, Griffin, GSP and Frank Shamrock. Also Silva, Belfort, Couture. McGregor is a mouthpiece. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its why I rarely discuss MMA as all you fucking hear about these days is that Irish spunk trumpet who’s idolised by bandwagon cunts. Not you though babe X

You're right and you're wrong. 

You only have to look at the records broken and shattered that have coincided with the rise of Conor.

I can see why people dislike him. I like him and respect what he's done but cant stand his mainstream fans. xD

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And that's a poor excuse. If you like it and what to speak about it... speak about it. There are plenty of other decent cards that McGregor isn't on. :coffee::drunk::what:

x x 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

Anderson Silva was brilliant at his best as well. Loved to watch him, such an entertainer as well as a great fighter.

I've always rooted for Bisping and Nate Diaz though. They might not be the 'GOATS', but they are warriors. Genuine hard cunts.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Just seen the footage of Connor swinging at lasso first. What a donkey, it's probably what riled up the other two who attacked him. Very surprised that nothing more has been made of it. The cock in the red who went in from behind like a coward has come out laughing about it saying good a decision it was...yeah, dead smart. Lose your UFC contract and get fined to fuck but it was still a good idea LOLZ.

McGregor is nowhere near the goat. Saying that is sill at. Can't deny what he has done for the business, but he has a lot of question marks over his stamina, and he never does that good unless he gets a quick finish. That being said, I don't think some of you are giving him enough credit. He's made a lot of people look silly in the octagon.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just seen the footage of Connor swinging at lasso first. What a donkey, it's probably what riled up the other two who attacked him. Very surprised that nothing more has been made of it. The cock in the red who went in from behind like a coward has come out laughing about it saying good a decision it was...yeah, dead smart. Lose your UFC contract and get fined to fuck but it was still a good idea LOLZ.

McGregor is nowhere near the goat. Saying that is sill at. Can't deny what he has done for the business, but he has a lot of question marks over his stamina, and he never does that good unless he gets a quick finish. That being said, I don't think some of you are giving him enough credit. He's made a lot of people look silly in the octagon.

He's definitely a great fighter and I'd rather watch him over Khabib(albeit still thinking Khabib is better, I just don't know how you can stop him!) hands down. I like a stand up fighter, although it's his fanbase who are unbearable.