talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

Always felt mighty mouse was a big fish in a small pond. Though can't deny he's been a beast, I was gutted for him when he lost his unbeaten record. 

Madison Square garden still doesn't have a main event. I'm praying for a very very very unlikely Jones v Velasquez. 

8 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s hardly pushing, he just released one tweet and a few short words. It would be big though, but I hope Khabib gets banned. 

One tweet that says he wants a rematch, that is pushing for a rematch mate xD

11 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He was punched from behind.

One of those idiots was scheduled to fight for the UFC later this month against one of Conor’s friends, Lobov. But... Dana has said already that those who jumped in and attacked Conor will never fight for the UFC again. And rightly so. 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Mate, the Ruskiscaled the fucken octagon walls and belted McGregor in the head from behind. Good laugh, McGregor tagged him pretty hard afterwards but it wasn't the first swing.

McGregor is too explosive, he gases out after two or three rounds. That is why he can never be the GOAT, he can't go the distance.

Conor hits him first. As deadlinesman says, watch the fucking video.

Conor is a slimy little bastard. A lot of people might have done more than Khabib. Conor got very popular burying people in his pre match promos, he's always been more well known for his wit rather than in ring performance, but you have to keep backing that reputation up, which is why wit turned to shock banter and gutter talk, and why he didn't fight for 2 years while he was 'on top' He did his homework against Aldo and it payed off bigger than he could have dreamed, and he won a fight against diaz that was literally him effectively counterpunching, then running away trying not to get taken down all fight. I'm not trying to discredit him, he got the job done on the night. But would he win a best of 5 against either of these guys? Unlikely. He's not dumb, he ran from his title obigations and the ring for 2 years because Sunday was the inevitable result. He's good, very good, but he's not an in ring great, and he'll lose to guys that are most times. He's already done a remarkable job building a legacy and 'brand' out of losing some of his biggest ever fights. No need to stretch that.

I think he should retire.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Conor hits him first. As deadlinesman says, watch the fucking video.

Who gives a fuck who hit who first? This isn't primary school, ladies, grow up. It's fucking hilarious regardless of the results.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Who gives a fuck who hit who first? This isn't primary school, ladies, grow up. It's fucking hilarious regardless of the results.

It's not primary school but it is the fight game. You don't sneak a punch and expect there not to be some sort of retailiation.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

It's not primary school but it is the fight game. You don't sneak a punch and expect there not to be some sort of retailiation.

It was a brawl, McGregor was climbing the cage and so was that other guy. What did he expect? A kiss on the cheek and a box of flowers? Don't be so naive, nearly all parties involved knew there was a scrap happening.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was a brawl, McGregor was climbing the cage and so was that other guy. What did he expect? A kiss on the cheek and a box of flowers? Don't be so naive, nearly all parties involved knew there was a scrap happening.

You're trying to pretend McGregor was a massive victim rather than someone who brought the punches on to himself. It was a brawl but no one was going after him until he went after someone.

Just now, 6666 said:

You're trying to pretend McGregor was a massive victim rather than someone who brought the punches on to himself. It was a brawl but no one was going after him until he went after someone.

No I am fucking not! xD He swung first, the first video I watched didn't have that footage.

Fuck Conor McGregor, the only reason people like him is because of troglodytes whose entire personality revolves around the British and Irish concept of 'banter'. 'Hur hur, he talks shite, hur hur he funny.' He is the Ladbible of MMA. If he was some shit-talking Redneck white trash from Tennessee, all you wankers wouldn't be able to stand him but because he is a 'cheeky fecking Paddy' you eat it up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

It is highly unikely that I would hit someone in a general day. If someone hits me, I am very likely to hit someone. Real fucking simple and I'm sure post people would feel similar.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It is highly unikely that I would hit someone in a general day. If someone hits me, I am very likely to hit someone. Real fucking simple and I'm sure post people would feel similar.

Different scenario though mate. it was an all out brawlbtween juiced up testorone freaks

• Subscriber

They jumped in the cage to attack him. After he’d just had a professional fight. Absolute thugs.

oh look at me on the hate bandwagon. The more you all go on and on the more it makes me think the opposite.  

Those thugs won’t be fighting in the UFC again for a reason. But obviously Rosie and Jim from a football forum have a more valid opinion and know more than Dana White a whole load of authorities. 

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

They jumped in the cage to attack him. After he’d just had a professional fight. Absolute thugs.

oh look at me on the hate bandwagon. The more you all go on and on the more it makes me think the opposite.  

Those thugs won’t be fighting in the UFC again for a reason. But obviously Rosie and Jim from a football forum have a more valid opinion and know more than Dana White a whole load of authorities. 

However attacking a bus with fighters, injuring some of them, coming in with 20+ men was alright? What bans did Conor and his friends get? Who was suspended? Who was banned? His friend Lobov who was among the gentleman is still an active fighter and still fights for the UFC. However the thugs from the cage should all be banned?

DOUBLE STANDARDS DOUBLE STANDARDS.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Josh, have you actually watched the other footage whee McGregor is throwing fists first? 

Khabib will get a fine as he should do. But what he did was no better or worse than what McGregor did to the bus. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2018 at 10:41, JOSHBRFC said:

I get tempers were flaring, as it was a fight, not a tickling contest, but that was appalling behaviour by them as far as I'm concerned and they should be more professional. I don't have anything against Khabib jumping out of the cage necessarily though, but the attack on Conor was sly as fuck.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Actual footage of McGregor throwing the first punch when not under attack vs Dana White who's companies mainstream success has so far entirely hinged on Conor McGregor xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

So Poirier v Diaz is off the 230 card...gutted. 

And they announced DC V Lewis. I love both men, but I'd like to see the upset here with a Lewis win. Really really really unlikely though. 

57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

"Undisclosed injury" sounds like he pussied out.

Oh man that's shit. Didn't know till i saw these posts. 

Happy for Lewis to get a main event title shot at Cormier. But there's only one winner.

On 10/10/2018 at 19:41, Rick said:

So Poirier v Diaz is off the 230 card...gutted. 

And they announced DC V Lewis. I love both men, but I'd like to see the upset here with a Lewis win. Really really really unlikely though. 

That sucks. I was hopeing Conor fight’s the winner of Poirier Vs Diaz. Then the winner goes on to fight the winner of Khabib Vs Ferguson.

Poirier Vs Ferguson would be the best eventual combination there.

• Subscriber
On 12/10/2018 at 20:09, The Palace Fan said:

That sucks. I was hopeing Conor fight’s the winner of Poirier Vs Diaz. Then the winner goes on to fight the winner of Khabib Vs Ferguson.

Poirier Vs Ferguson would be the best eventual combination there.

Ferguson definitely deserves a shot at that Lightweight title now. Him and Khabib need to eventually get it on.

Khabib's stock has risen an insane amount after last weekend, so him vs Ferguson will be a big PPV.