talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

One of the Youtuber guys has been calling him out lately so he could always try and cash in on that? A nice pension pot booster before relaxing back into his whiskey and coke lifestyle (and I don't mean the fizzy black stuff!).

Went off McGregor a while ago, the bus incident, the Islamophobia towards Khabib, besting up an old man. Even though the Khabib fight wasn’t his first loss, it was the beginning of the end really. Not just losing to the P4P goat, but losing to a man he disrespected so badly, not only to lose but for Khabib’s cage jump to dwarf any action he has ever done to sell a fight, that jump was iconic. Dana White was a bell for monetising McGregor’s islamophobia, but if Conor was struggling for fights before this one then he only has himself to blame.

He tried to bring out kind Conor for this, redefine his image, it’s all a load of shit and simply done for the $$$. Interesting to see where he goes next, has a lot of work to do to get near a rematch with Khabib.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Some of the memes xD .

Credit to Dustin, he’s turned into one hell of a fighter. Respectful between the 2 before during and after. 

Decent night overall, but fuck I’ve been tired today. Main event didn’t start till after 5am in the UK! .

Chandler did well also. Those backflips though.. Dana hates them xD.

You’ve got Oliveira, Chandler and Dustin as the 3 main guys in the division now. Some amazing fights to be made between the top 6 in that division!

I’d love to see Khabib come back and fight Oliveira or Chandler. I think he’s probably done now though given his words immediately after the event. I assume he was waiting to see if Conor won for the ££££ rematch. 

I do hope Conor comes back and rises again. I love seeing people come back from such things, it makes a good story and it’s great to see. 

I  think he will fight again as there are still plenty of fights out there for him, and he’s had plenty of failures before and come back from them.

My only question is, does he have it in him now with how rich he is? He says he does. But... only he will know.

Edited by JoshBRFC

They just need to do McGregor/Ferguson. It might no longer be 2 forces colliding but 2 fighters needing a big win to cling on to recognition colliding but it should still be a good fight. And I want to see who's crazier in the build up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Usman - Burns this weekend. Looking forward to it! 

But it’s usually quiet in this topic for most MMA events unless there’s a “let’s all hate McGregor” bandwagon to jump on. And people moan about the fanboys. You’re all just as bad. :bye:

Leon Edwards still can’t get a fight and the fans blame him for some reason, he gets a lot of hate from the MMA fans which is unjustified. They are trying to make Edwards vs Colby lets see if Colby has the bollocks to step up but im doubtful it will happen.

He is obviously the most avoided fighter on the roster. Even Khamzat didnt want to fight him.

54 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Usman - Burns this weekend. Looking forward to it! 

But it’s usually quiet in this topic for most MMA events unless there’s a “let’s all hate McGregor” bandwagon to jump on. And people moan about the fanboys. You’re all just as bad. :bye:

Have a cry bitch boy. 

I vowed to never watch another UFC main evented by Usman ever again. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Have a cry bitch boy. 

I vowed to never watch another UFC main evented by Usman ever again. 

That was quicker than I thought. :ay:

Usman is talented, not every fight has to be a war to appreciate the art

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

That was quicker than I thought. :ay:

Usman is talented, not every fight has to be a war to appreciate the art

You're absolutely right. When two fighters walk into the arena I only expect that they try to win. Doesn't have to be a spectacular war. 
He took a hyped main event and turned it into a fucking game of tootsie. I'd have had no problem if he went for a finish at ANY POINT. But he never did. Never even tried to tap him. Fuck Usman, I'll never pay money to see him again. 
I'm not even a George fan, I think hes well overrated, like Diaz, for the same reason. He's a good boxer and people wank over that cringe "gangster" shit. But fuck snoozeman. 

• Subscriber

Worth getting up early for. :) 

Dominant, exciting, talented, respect the art and sheer brilliance of “sNuZmAn”. Shouldn’t be long before that bandwagon soon dies off though! He will soon surpass GSP as the Welterweight goat. 

Breaks GSP’s record tonight too. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Subscriber
On 14/02/2021 at 10:21, DeadLinesman said:

He can do what he wants, but he’ll never be GSP. Herb causally standing there watching him continually plant punch after punch with almost no defence. Muppet.

He’s not there yet but he will be if he defends that title a few more times. As much as I love GSP, the competition nowadays is so much better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Nunes with a very very easy win. She’s so good and by a long way the greatest of all time.

The Yan-Sterling knee ending was very bizarre. 

Adesanya lost to Jan, the weight was clearly an issue but that should stop the hype train for now and to thibk some people actually thought he would beat Jon Jones.

6 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Nunes with a very very easy win. She’s so good and by a long way the greatest of all time.

The Yan-Sterling knee ending was very bizarre. 

Adesanya lost to Jan, the weight was clearly an issue but that should stop the hype train for now and to thibk some people actually thought he would beat Jon Jones.

He likely could at 185. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Rick said:

The Nunes fight was a waste of time, she’s far too good for these women. 

Not her fault though is it. At 145 she has no challengers. 

I want to see her go down to 135 and defend that belt, then she’s closer to Shevchenko who’s the 125 champion. I want to see that Trilogy made, the first 2 fights were really close. 

2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Not her fault though is it. At 145 she has no challengers. 

I want to see her go down to 135 and defend that belt, then she’s closer to Shevchenko who’s the 125 champion. I want to see that Trilogy made, the first 2 fights were really close. 

Oh no, course it’s not. Didn’t mean that to sound like a dig at Nunes haha. 

She should drop down to fight Shevchenko, but in the post fight it sound like she was comfortable where she is. Getting paid good money to train, basically. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 1