talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Oh no, course it’s not. Didn’t mean that to sound like a dig at Nunes haha. 

She should drop down to fight Shevchenko, but in the post fight it sound like she was comfortable where she is. Getting paid good money to train, basically. 

She could fight her at 135 but I doubt she’d even make 125.

6 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

She could fight her at 135 but I doubt she’d even make 125.

I hope she does drop down and the make it at 135, because there’s very few interesting options for Nunes right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A composed Ngannou is a dangerous man it seems. He really controlled that brilliantly, trusted his opportunities to come rather than just going ham. 

This. He looked like a champion. I love Stipe, but Ngannou is a different guy now. I find it hard to see who could take this belt off him. I don’t think even Jones can beat him when he’s like that. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber

If he lands on anyone like that then they’re going to sleep. Simple as that.

Jones is my favourite fighter and I think he’s the greatest but I just can’t see him not getting hit against Ngannou. 

@JoshBRFC Genuine non WUM question. Why are 2 of the biggest cunts placed upon gods earth your favorite fighters? 

Jon Jones is a psychopath, a hit and runner (she was preggers ffs) double drug cheat, hides under the ring to avoid USADA ect. 
We all know about Connor coward punch, cheats on his wife cokehead. 

Do you purely base it off in ring ability? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@JoshBRFC Genuine non WUM question. Why are 2 of the biggest cunts placed upon gods earth your favorite fighters? 

Jon Jones is a psychopath, a hit and runner (she was preggers ffs) double drug cheat, hides under the ring to avoid USADA ect. 
We all know about Connor coward punch, cheats on his wife cokehead. 

Do you purely base it off in ring ability? 

Conor isn’t. I just appreciate what he’s done and accomplished.

Jones - in ring ability, yes. And in terms of overall full package.. he’s the goat in my opinion. 

i cba getting into judging people for their mistakes. I’ve made plenty myself and these people have done more good than they have bad.

Edited by JoshBRFC

7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Conor isn’t. I just appreciate what he’s done and accomplished.

Jones - in ring ability, yes. And in terms of overall full package.. he’s the goat in my opinion. 

i cba getting into judging people for their mistakes. I’ve made plenty myself and these people have done more good than they have bad.

Have they? What good has jon jones done that eclipses running over a pregnant lady and fleeing the scene? Does he give hundreds of thousands to charity or some shit I don't know about?
And Connor absolutely is vile scum. Not on Jones level maybe but he's a horrid little cunt.

However you've answered my question fairly enough so thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

McGregor seems like less of a psycho since the loss to Khabib to be fair. I think he got to a point where he couldn't separate his gimmick from real life. All the hate he received through that period seems to have waked him up.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The big problem Rob has though, is what to do if he loses convincingly again? He cleaned out the division, beat everyone, then lost to Adesanya, then cleaned out the division again. If he just loses to Adesanya again, where the fuck does he go? He'd be the perennial silver medal 

True. Maybe he could try a challenge in another division? 

• Subscriber

Good enjoyable event I thought, worth catching the main card fights with a 3am alarm xD

Felt a better watch for having fans there. Usman is by far the best WW in the world, not surprised by the KO. Masvidal expecting the takedown and bang.... one punch KO. Brilliant stuff.

Have to see the Nunes Shevchenko trilogy now.

Poor Chris Weidman. The same injury Silva suffered against him. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Subscriber

Many people saying Usman is P4P number 1 now and hard to disagree.

@Devil-Dick Willie is correct, Masvidal isn't on his level, but Usman has almost ran out of competition so can't blame him for taking the money fight. He's improved massively and probably deserves the title as the best P4P fighter around right now.

Looks likely that NGannou will fight Lewis next as Jones and the UFC can't agree on a deal.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I usually set alarms for boxing and MMA as theyre my favourite sports. That was my plan tonight/today..

but... 

2 of my good friends who are basically McGregor/AJ/Fury casual combat sports fans decided to invite themselves to mine for a “PS5 and we will stay up with for it” night. We gamed, had an amazing pizza and then got drunk.... 

They managed till 1am till I sent them home in the taxi after speaking to one of the lads wife. xD 

I’m now smashed at 4:30am waiting for the main event struggling craving sleep. Please hurry up Tony then Michael and Charles.

The things you do for the sports you love. Really hope Chandler wins. Very marketable and likeable guy.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Wowww. My heart said Michael my head said Charles. What a first round... what a main event. Credit to them both. Gutted for Chandler but Oliveira deserves it. Latter stage of his career I hope he gets a big money fight winner if Conor Dustin I’m assuming?

Well worth watching, fucking love UFC. I really hope Chandler comes again, such a likeable and relatable guy. UFC smashing it again.. :congrats:

• Subscriber

@Devil-Dick Willie how did Michael even get out of that first round?! What a first round and what a main event. 

IMO Charles will beat anyone whether it’s Conor or Dustin for the next year or 2. His age is a factor so he needs these fights ASAP. To me the best 2 fighters in the LW division just fought. 

Sad to see Tony get dry piped yet again he’s past it now. Sad really as in his prime he would have challenged Khabib. He’s so past it now though. 

• Upvote 1