talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MMA & Combat Sports

football forum

The UFC have a potential star in the making with Garbrandt. They just need to hope he beats Dillashaw, cause that'll put him on another level. They have GSP coming back into the fold and as you say they could always go and get that juiced up gorilla to make some more cash (god I hope they match him with Miotic, he'd get killed).

Edited by FOYM

• Subscriber
On 24/08/2017 at 8:20 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

he doesnt even come close to the GOAT, GSP josh.

Like I said, he could have been. However he won't be remembered as that as he's fucked his career up by making idiotic decisions. However he's the most talented(in my opinion). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2017 at 11:41 PM, FOYM said:

The UFC have a potential star in the making with Garbrandt. They just need to hope he beats Dillashaw, cause that'll put him on another level. They have GSP coming back into the fold and as you say they could always go and get that juiced up gorilla to make some more cash (god I hope they match him with Miotic, he'd get killed).

I've been a fan of Garbrandt for a while now myself. He's a brilliant fighter and I'm looking forward to his come back later this year in November against T.J Dillashaw, which was supposed to happen earlier this year before Garbrandt's injury.

In fact that is set to be a cracking event in general if all the fights happen as planned. Bisping vs St-Pierre will go down that night itself.

Mickey Gall will also be expected to fight that night. He's another who looks set to have a big future.

Fully expect the trilogy fight to happen. It's the biggest money fight in MMA for Connor and Diaz. Connor has to be extremely focused too, because there is no way that Nate let's it go to the decision. He wants revenge, and he is certainly good enough to beat Connor as we have seen.

Missed posting for about four events do to work and lost a bit of interest to be honest. The UFC became a joke with the constant banning of fighters who use illegal substances. Also with Dana jerking off Conor and granting him every wish while he failed to defend one single belt since he started being an MMA fighter. The Diaz III fight wouldn't make sense, as Diaz isn't high on the rankings to be in a title fight. It won't make sense if it isn't a title fight since it will just add more interim fights waiting for Conor. Then again Dana would cash in on this fight as it would be highly interesting to MMA newbies and Conor fan boys. I dislike both fighters but i would rather see Diaz win again if this fight comes to life.

• 2 weeks later...

flzepf.jpg

UFC 216

Lightweight    Tony Ferguson    vs.    Kevin Lee                
Flyweight    Demetrious Johnson (c)    vs.    Ray Borg                
Heavyweight    Fabrício Werdum    vs.    Derrick Lewis                
Women's Flyweight    Mara Romero Borella    vs.    Kalindra Faria                
Lightweight    Beneil Dariush    vs.    Evan Dunham                

Preliminary Card (FXX)

Bantamweight    Tom Duquesnoy    vs.    Cody Stamann                
Lightweight    Will Brooks    vs.    Nik Lentz                
Lightweight    Bobby Green    vs.    Lando Vannata                
Women's Strawweight    Pearl Gonzalez    vs.    Poliana Botelho                

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight    Walt Harris    vs.    Mark Godbeer                
Flyweight    John Moraga    vs.    Magomed Bibulatov                
Middleweight    Thales Leites    vs.    Brad Tavares                
Flyweight    Matt Schnell    vs.    Marco Beltrán

• 3 weeks later...

Next up

30cy4j7.jpg

UFC Fight Night - Brunson vs Machida

Main Event

Derek Brunson vs Lyoto Machida

Demian Maia v Colby Covington

Pedro Munhoz vs Rob Font

Francisco Trinaldo vs Jim Miller

Thiago Santos vs Jack Hermansson

John Lineker vs Marlon Vera

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 2)

Vicente Luque vs Niko Price

Antônio Carlos Júnior vs Jack Marshman

Hacran Dias vs Jared Gordon

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Max Griffin

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Jarred Brooks

Christian Colombo vs Marcelo Golm

On 24/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

Fuck yeah!!! Diaz is by far a much better fighter!

"GSP” and Bisping have been making the media rounds ahead of their Nov. 4 middleweight championship showdown at UFC 217, with the two veterans sharing the stage for a series of contentious press conferences. And St-Pierre believes there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to the barbs Bisping is continually lobbing his way.

“He’s playing always the same song. He’s terrified of me wrestling him. Terrified,” St-Pierre said Monday on The MMA Hour. “In every interview he does, he’s begging me to stand and bang with him. In every interview. ... I mean, if you don’t know the ground (game), you shouldn’t be in MMA. You should be in kickboxing.

“Fighting on the ground is part of the game, and he’s terrified. So he wants me to be like, ‘Oh, okay, I’m going to stand and bang with you.’

I have never understood the GSP critics. A walking legend!! Bisping is going to regret fighting him!!

Bisping is going to destroy him mate :coffee:

Did anyone see Darren Till's performance against Cerrone? Absolutely ran through him in the first round and made him look like an amateur, I started taking notice of him after his draw with Dalby about 18 months and judging by his last 2 fights he has already improved dramatically and has the world at his feet really at the age of 24.

Edited by UNORTHODOX

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's event is going to be class.

Some absolute quality fights on. Bisping vs St Pierre in the main event for the middle weight championship, but also the return of Garbrandt(one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC these days for me) against T.J Dillashaw for the Welterweight title, then some big fights from up and comers, specifically Mickey Gall, who has been impressive so far in his fights.

It's a shame Garbrandt got injured as his last fight(which seems like ages ago now!) was a very impressive performance.

I've been looking forward to this event for ages and all the fights look to be going as planned that I wanted to see.

• Upvote 1

The event was superb, one of the best for ages. Everyone made weight and no one cancelled. Personally i wanted GSP, Rose, Cody and Wonderboy to win. Very surprised that both Rose and TJ got the win but both well deserved. Happy to see GSP back, one of my favorite fighters in mma. Always humble never on roids and no controversy around him. 

After the fantastic UFC 217 next up:

fkwcbl.jpg

Main Card

Dustin Poirier vs Anthony Pettis

Matt Brown vs Diego Sanchez

Andrei Arlovski vs Júnior Albini

Nate Marquardt vs Cezar Ferreira

Raphael Assunção vs Matthew Lopez

Joe Lauzon vs Clay Guida

Preliminary Card

John Dodson vs Marlon Moraes

Tatiana Suarez vs Viviane Pereira

Sage Northcutt vs Michel Quiñones

Angela Hill vs Nina Ansaroff

Preliminary Card

Court McGee vs Sean Strickland

Jake Collier vs Marcel Fortuna

Darren Stewart vs Karl Roberson

That kick by Saint Preux against Corey Anderson was brutal and very unexpected. He was losing the fight, then boom he just pulled that off and won. That's all it takes in fighting sports.

Booom! Goodnight! That's a PROPER knockout.

I was surprised about Cody Garbrandt losing. He won the first round comfortably as well. Dillashaw is a great fighter(as shown the other night) but Cody has looked unstoppable in his time in UFC and I thought he would continue that, especially after his first round performance. There has got to be a rematch though surely? It was a fight that was built up for a while. It lived up to the hype, but I feel as though it's a bit from over yet. They have GOT to have a rematch next year. Dillashaw is saying that Garbrandt doesn't deserve a rematch due to his disrespect, but surely that should make you want to have a rematch even more? Fighters these days are too "professional"!

Gutted for Bisping, but he was always going to lose unfortunately. He might not be the most skilled fighter of all time, but he's a warrior and a great in UFC. When he retires, he will go down as a legend in the sport and hopefully still be a big part of it with his commentary, etc. I doubt he's got many more fights left either now and that's probably for the best as he has taken ALOT of shots to the head in his career. Good to see GSP back though, he's a fucking monster.

I'm also shocked Mickey Gall lost as he's one who looks set for big things and had been dominant in all his fights leading to the other night. He looked up against it from the off the other night. Randy Brown smashed him.

It was a great event, even though everyone I wanted to see win ended up losing :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

2afhiyh.jpg

Main Card

Fabrício Werdum vs Marcin Tybura

Bec Rawlings vs Jessy Rose-Clark

Tim Means vs Belal Muhammad

Jake Matthews vs Bojan Veličković

Elias Theodorou vs Dan Kelly

Alexander Volkanovski vs Shane Young

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Ryan Benoit vs Ashkan Mokhtarian