talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group D

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well fuck. Of all the times to get an injury. ¬¬

We should still have enough to beat Georgia, but Ireland has just got that bit harder now. Ramsey will need to be the main man now.

Now of you excuse me, I'm off to slit myself.

bet Kingy scores the winner against Ireland to send you through.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So Lawrence scores to give us a 1-0 win at Georgia. I expect Ireland to beat Moldova so........

@Danny you muggy cunt. Ready to get piss whipped on Monday? :D

Haha do one you sheep shagger, boys in green to run out with a 2-1 win

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

This Wales v Ireland match is set up perfectly. A draw won't be enough for Wales, they'd finish bottom of the playoff table meaning they miss out. Both teams have to win, lovely.

I thought Bosnia were bottom with 8 points after losing to Belgium yesterday (we have 11 by comparison).

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I thought Bosnia were bottom with 8 points after losing to Belgium yesterday (we have 11 by comparison).

Bosnia are 3rd in their group. Greece overtook them and Greece play Gibraltar in their last game.

Greece have 13 points in the play-off table.

You need Slovakia to draw with Malta or Croatia to draw with Ukraine whilst also matching the goals in your draw that Croatia score if my calculations are correct.

28 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Bosnia are 3rd in their group. Greece overtook them and Greece play Gibraltar in their last game.

Greece have 13 points in the play-off table.

You need Slovakia to draw with Malta or Croatia to draw with Ukraine whilst also matching the goals in your draw that Croatia score if my calculations are correct.

Yeah my bad. I forgot that Greece are now in second so @True Blue's lot can now get fucked.

Fuck it. Coleman said we had to win all our remaining games starting with Austria and we're one win away now. Though very unlikely, a win for us and Serbia slipping against Georgia could see us automatically qualify.

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah my bad. I forgot that Greece are now in second so @True Blue's lot can now get fucked.

Fuck it. Coleman said we had to win all our remaining games starting with Austria and we're one win away now. Though very unlikely, a win for us and Serbia slipping against Georgia could see us automatically qualify.

Hope you make it mate, we blew our play offs when we lost to bloody Cyprus even after being 0-2 up at half time. If we won that we would today be secured with a win against Estonia.

Really looking forward to Wales v Ireland tonight. Both have to win really so it's winner take all but not only that, you just know that there will be underlying tension from the first game simmering and waiting to boil over, particularly after what happened to Coleman.

Atmosphere should be electric. This is what International Football should be about.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Really looking forward to Wales v Ireland tonight. Both have to win really so it's winner take all but not only that, you just know that there will be underlying tension from the first game simmering and waiting to boil over, particularly after what happened to Coleman.

Atmosphere should be electric. This is what International Football should be about.

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The time has come. Win and we're in the play offs at least. Draw or loose and we're fucked.

LET'S FUCKING AVE IT!!!

agree with Lucas and good luck Bluebird! You going?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The time has come. Win and we're in the play offs at least. Draw or loose and we're fucked.

LET'S FUCKING AVE IT!!!

according to Wiki, if you draw, and then Croatia & Ukraine also draw, you'll be the 8th best 2nd-placed team and Croatia will be eliminated...

wc.PNG

1 hour ago, Stan said:

agree with Lucas and good luck Bluebird! You going?

Yep. At the stadium now.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

according to Wiki, if you draw, and then Croatia & Ukraine also draw, you'll be the 8th best 2nd-placed team and Croatia will be eliminated...

wc.PNG

Think the Croatia game is down to goals score. If they have a high scoring draw and we also draw, I think we're out.

• Subscriber

So let's get this straight, correct me if I'm wrong...

If Serbia win, they're group winners. If Serbia don't win and Wales win, Wales are group winners,  if Serbia lose and Ireland win, Ireland are group winners.

Assuming Serbia win...

If Wales win, Wales come 2nd and finish above Slovakia overall in the 2nd placed table, putting them in the play-offs.

If Ireland win, Ireland come 2nd and finish above Slovakia overall in the 2nd placed table, putting them in the play-offs.

If they draw, then it comes down to Ukraine v Croatia. So if Ukraine win, Ukraine make the play-offs at the expense of Wales, if Croatia win, Croatia make the play-offs at the expense of Wales, if they draw, then Wales make the play-offs.

Slovakia need a draw in either game to make the play-offs. If neither end in draws, Slovakia are out.

This all goes of the assumption Greece beat Gibraltar. Should they not, and Bosnia win at Estonia, Bosnia go into the 2nd placed table with 11 points, but bottom overall. So in-fact, Bosnia are out no matter what happens because even though they can get 2nd, they will finish bottom in doing so. That's the only scenario where one of Wales/Ireland, Ukraine/Croatia, and Slovakia all qualify.

Clear enough?

• Administrator

got a bit boring as the half wore on. Chances few and far between and think Wales were trying to adjust to losing Joe Allen through what looked like concussion. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived