The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group I

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

There was no topic for Group I? What the fuck. 

Quite an interesting group at the moment. Turkey just went ahead against Croatia, and it's quite close at the top of the table now. 

Could have been created earlier by someone o.O.

Only reason I didn't is there weren't that many people, if any, that were of the nation in this group. 

But yes, it's very tight and I did not expect Turkey to be beating Croatia. Makes it all the more interesting going in to the games next month.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I thought they'd left the letter "I" out this year! :ph34r:

Seriously though...  Doesn't matter what happens between Turkey and Croatia.  The Croats have a top top side this time around!

It kind of does because Croatia are now level with Iceland in the group standings if it stays like this. Croatia top but they're not qualifying as convincingly as expected. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It kind of does because Croatia are now level with Iceland in the group standings if it stays like this. Croatia top but they're not qualifying as convincingly as expected. 

They're not qualifying convincingly, but they've got a side built for a championship which nobody would want. (should they qualify)

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

not the most interesting teams, but by far the most interesting group given there's still so many possibilities for where teams could end up

grpi.PNG

Tsubasa obviously needed to push us into the ultimate suicide group! :o

Seriously though...  This group can finish all sorts of ways.  It is set up for something epic!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Tsubasa obviously needed to push us into the ultimate suicide group! :o

Seriously though...  This group can finish all sorts of ways.  It is set up for something epic!

Final fixtures

Croatia vs Finland
Kosovo vs Ukraine
Turkey vs Iceland

Finland vs Turkey
Iceland vs Kosovo
Ukraine vs Croatia

Fancy Croatia to beat Finland, draw away at Ukraine.
Ukraine to beat Kosovo.
Turkey to beat Iceland and beat Finland
Iceland to beat Kosovo.

That would mean Croatia on 20; Turkey on 20; Iceland on 19; Ukraine on 18. 

Ridiculous to get 19 points and still miss out on play-offs if it works out like that xD 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Only the Icelanders? I wouldn't be surprised if he arrested the Turkish players as well.

Maybe that's why Nuri was substituted at half time. Trying to catch an early plane. 

• The topic was unpinned

I wanted Ukraine to win, but my gosh if Croatia missed out on the world cup it would have been a farce.

For me, Croatia have a better starting XI than Argentina. Modric, Mandzukic, Kovacic, Rakitic, Rog, Perisic. Thats an annoyingly good squad. They don't seem to all play that well though which seems like a historical Yugoslavian problem. 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Blue said:

I wanted Ukraine to win, but my gosh if Croatia missed out on the world cup it would have been a farce.

For me, Croatia have a better starting XI than Argentina. Modric, Mandzukic, Kovacic, Rakitic, Rog, Perisic. Thats an annoyingly good squad. They don't seem to all play that well though which seems like a historical Yugoslavian problem. 

Missing the main man Andrej Kramaric 

Archived