• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

House Prices

football forum

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Nice one Harry. Looks pretty sweet if it wasn't for the fact there's probably loads of Black Widow and Huntsman Spiders in there.

Haha. Don't think we have black widows over here and huntsmans i can handle. I'm just glad i don't have to worry about funnell webs..... they are the really nasty ones but don't come this far south. They are Sydney snobs only. 

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Haha. Don't think we have black widows over here and huntsmans i can handle. I'm just glad i don't have to worry about funnell webs..... they are the really nasty ones but don't come this far south. They are Sydney snobs only. 

I saw a video on Facebook the other day of a family recording a pretty gigantic Huntsman on their wall. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I saw a video on Facebook the other day of a family recording a pretty gigantic Huntsman on their wall. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Does the UK not have hairy spiders? 

Huntsmans are completely harmless. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Harry said:

Nope.

I don't give a shit if it's harmless or not. Any spider should know never to come anywhere near me or the room I'm in. 

I'm pretty sure I have a 6th sense of knowing where a spider is as well it's fucking scary and useful at the same time. If I'm facing one way, I know if one is behind me or above me on a wall or something. 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

It's mind over matter unfortunately. I've seen how big those guys can get and seeing that on the wall in the house would make me freeze and tense up. I couldn't relax till I know I'd removed it.

Anyway, how's the inside of the place looking? Finished article or you just got to decorate to your tastes? Nice big back garden?

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's mind over matter unfortunately. I've seen how big those guys can get and seeing that on the wall in the house would make me freeze and tense up. I couldn't relax till I know I'd removed it.

Anyway, how's the inside of the place looking? Finished article or you just got to decorate to your tastes? Nice big back garden?

Yeah I'm not saying Huntsmans are pleasant. They make us all squirm and I've had a couple of unpleasant run ins but they're not all that common in most suburban areas. If you live in the bush you'll be used to them though. 

I'm sure Murphys law will haunt me for saying this but i haven't seen one inside my current house in the five years I've lived here.  We just get dadfy long legs.

Inside the new house is pretty bang on. 780sqm block, 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 3 living areas all in pretty good nick. All done up to sell. The garden is a blank canvas which is for me the most exciting. I quite like to get out there and fancy making some front garden beds for nice plants and a vegie patch,  lemon tree and passion fruit out the back. Also thinking long term about making an outdoor built in bbq and sink. Inside the main thing I'd do is convert the old gas space heater into a gas fireplace and the brand new oven they put in is way too small for us so may require some work. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Nope.

I don't give a shit if it's harmless or not. Any spider should know never to come anywhere near me or the room I'm in. 

I'm pretty sure I have a 6th sense of knowing where a spider is as well it's fucking scary and useful at the same time. If I'm facing one way, I know if one is behind me or above me on a wall or something. 

I remember driving one night and a huge huntsman was on the outside of my car. Just running up the windscreen, disappearing out of sight on the roof above and et cetera for 20 minutes. By the time i got home I'd lost track of where it was but pretty sure was still somewhere on the roof, for all i knew right in the door jamb on my side... i ended up making an Indiana Jones style dive out of the door to safety.... shit but that's what happens when you park under a big gum tree with branches touching your car. 

@Stan When I spoke of new builds. I'm on a different site now, It's been there about 4 years and the part which is already complete does look brilliant, it's got to be said:-

The materials they use inside are mint too, especially the interior doors, which are far nicer than the ones you get on most other sites. None of this cheap shit like what most other companies provide. I've been very impressed.

I actually remember when all that land used to be an old abandoned mental asylum, with various different sections, but it's all been knocked down and houses built there. I remember when we used to break into the asylum as kids and mess around inside. One of the spookiest places you will ever see. Looks nice now though.

On 30/10/2017 at 0:19 AM, Harry said:

It's all about the size and hairiness of them I'd say.

Huntsman are scary as fuck despite being harmless, whereas red backs and black widows don't look scary at all really.

On the plus side, we no longer pay a mortgage, we sold out house at a $40,000 profit, and we we staying with the in-laws so we don't pay any bills. On the negative we are staying with the in-laws.

Pray 4 Spike

1 hour ago, Spike said:

On the plus side, we no longer pay a mortgage, we sold out house at a $40,000 profit, and we we staying with the in-laws so we don't pay any bills. On the negative we are staying with the in-laws.

Pray 4 Spike

I upvoted it. If that works like facebook, that's the equivalent of a like, and 1 like = 1 pray.

• 10 months later...

Seems every few months I decide to depress myself by browsing what I can't afford to buy xD

A pricey but still affordable first time buy could land you between £300k-£350k depending on where in the country you live. In Nottingham £350k could get you a nice 3-4 bed home in a nice area near the city, in London it'll get you a rundown home in Southall, Thamesmead or any shithole in east London. You will struggle to get anything below £400k-£500k in London and not be living in a shithole.

I'm not close to buying yet, still a few years, but will most likely end up buying somewhere like Staines or Maidenhead...exciting times that will be.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Seems every few months I decide to depress myself by browsing what I can't afford to buy xD

A pricey but still affordable first time buy could land you between £300k-£350k depending on where in the country you live. In Nottingham £350k could get you a nice 3-4 bed home in a nice area near the city, in London it'll get you a rundown home in Southall, Thamesmead or any shithole in east London. You will struggle to get anything below £400k-£500k in London and not be living in a shithole.

I'm not close to buying yet, still a few years, but will most likely end up buying somewhere like Staines or Maidenhead...exciting times that will be.

If you are with a partner and have a combined income of over £40k a year you can get a nice brand new flat in zone 2 or 3 for about £100-£150k on a shared ownership scheme. You can also get government help to buy 40% loan on a new build in London, so if you can afford £200-300k the government will top that up 40% so you can buy a that £350-500k new build.

Both can be a total scam and trap but the options are there.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Anyone that wants to invest in property in London should wait for Brexit if it ever occurs.  How long before you make anything substantial is another matter but you'll be able to buy at much lower prices.

Because Mark Carney who created a housing bubble in Toronto then moved to London and created one there said so? :ph34r:

I made an offer for a house a while back, but it was turned down for an all cash offer... but ended out working out because it looks like I'll be moving in a few months as my fiancé got her dream job up in SF & I'm now looking for a job up there. A bit irritating as I turned down a job there a while back. But we can't afford anything decent in SF - the places I like the look of most are in Oakland, but the crime rate there is off putting.

I'm in the latter stages of purchasing my first home with my girlfriend. It's a very big sized two-bed flat about two miles from my parents in a quiet village. We're buying a 50% stake in the property and paying rent on the rest. It was the only way we could get on the ladder that didn't mean buying a horrible 60's built one bed flat in a drug addled block of flats in Harlow. Can't wait to get in now tbh.

One of the things me and the missus would like to do in the future is move to Australia. Sydney would be the preferred goal but it's so expensive.

Looked at house prices around Brisbane and it's literally amazing. Houses worth £250k-£300k, 2-3 bedroom, close to the  city centre, look like somethat fell out of a dream home catalogue.

Brisbane's not quite the city that both Sydney and Melbourne are, but it's a lot busier than Perth or Adelaide and benefits from Queenslands beautiful weather. Get me a house with a pool and I'll be sorted.

On 11/09/2017 at 11:46, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here in Wollongong where I live a decent no frills house is 400-500k. Your working class earners are getting 40-55k a year. The markets a shambles, but finally it looks like the tide will turn soon.

Being in London, that sounds like a dream situation. xD

Archived