talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Reject Leicester's Appeal for Adrien Silva Deal

Fifa has rejected Leicester City's application to register midfielder Adrien Silva after the club missed the deadline by 14 seconds.

The Foxes signed the midfielder from Sporting Lisbon for £22m but finalised parts of the deal near the close of the summer transfer window on 31 August.

Silva's registration was not completed in time with football's governing body meaning he is ineligible until January.

Leicester are in the process of trying to appeal against the decision.

A spokesman said: "We are working with Adrien and Sporting Clube de Portugal to overcome some issues relating to the player's registration and exploring all options to find a resolution."

The club own Silva but points of the deal were not completed adequately meaning they are required to pay his wages until they can attempt to register him again in January.

Sporting President Bruno de Carvalho added: "The transfer of Adrien is already completed. Hopefully Leicester find a solution for him."

France-born Silva, 28, is a product of Sporting's academy and has had loan spells at Maccabi Haifa and Academica.

He has earned 20 international caps and played during Portugal's run to winning Euro 2016.

Leicester also sold midfielder Danny Drinkwater to Chelsea for £35m in the final moments of the transfer window.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

xD 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

torn on this one.

a deadline is a deadline and wherever the delay was (apparently Sporting's end), responsibility needs to be taken.

However, it's 14 seconds. Not 14 minutes in a few hours later. We're talking seconds here!

I just hope he's not too demoralised about it and is fit and ready to go when we register him in January. 

A shambles. Proper Leicester, that. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

A deadline is a deadline, funny how every other club in the world managed to get their business done on time yet Leicester couldn't. There's no sympathy from me - the rules state that all transfers must be complete by a set time, not when you feel like it no matter how close to the deadline you've been. FIFA are correct in denying Adrien Silva the chance to play for Leicester and regardless of how angry the Foxes are they only have themselves to blame. 

apparently we sent it to FIFA before the deadline. They received it after the deadline.

Regardless, I pretty much agree with what you're saying and would have said the same if it were any other club to be honest.

Fuck the deadline this is absolutely ridiculous from FIFA. They're probably trying to make a point to clubs to get the business done earlier but it's still harsh.

Does this mean he won't be able to play again until January or can he still play for Sporting until then?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Should of used the excuse Tottenham did when they were nearly 30 minutes late signing Van Der Vaart,  The Internet went down.

Can see us doing something like that.

I don't think it's over yet but I'm not getting my hopes up. Only we could blow this.

If we sent it before the deadline we surely have a case.

It's just pathetic. Why on earth did we sell Drinkwater if this wasn't 100%?

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

I empathise for Silva losing a chunk of his career through no fsult of his own or injury.

I saw on TV that he´d return to Sporting. It´d be as if the transfer had never taken place, and Leicester woul also get the money back. 

Anyway, I feel bad for the player. Terrible situation to be in. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, El_Loco said:

I saw on TV that he´d return to Sporting. It´d be as if the transfer had never taken place, and Leicester woul also get the money back. 

Anyway, I feel bad for the player. Terrible situation to be in. 

he was spotted at an estate agents in Leicester looking at houses to buy so this is unlikely...

• The title was changed to FIFA Reject Leicester's Appeal for Adrien Silva Deal

Archived