talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Reject Leicester's Appeal for Adrien Silva Deal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to FIFA Reject Leicester's Appeal for Adrien Silva Deal
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

So he trains with the team until January and then plays?

nah FIFA have prevented him from training with us which is just fucking stupid. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, True Blue said:

So he is on his own until January? Brilliant start to his Leicester career.

pretty much. I really don't understand the logic in not letting him train with us.

We can take it to the Court of Arbitration to Sport if we wanted to. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Will you tough

doubt it. probably more time and hassle than it's worth. The other option being just wait til January and register him or cancel the deal, something which Sporting won't accept so that's kind of out the question anyway. 

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

How do they have the power to stop someone training with the club?

Surely the club can let anyone train with them, even Stan.

No idea mate. If they want me to train instead of Silva I'm more than happy to do xD 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, True Blue said:

So he trains with the team until January and then plays?

As a side note, how is that possibly fair that Diego Costa can train with Atletico but Silva can't with us. On what grounds is that allowed?

--------------

We need a total overhaul behind the scenes. We've been a laughing stock since we've won the league, for all the Champions League run was memorable, it was still despite the likes of Rudkin rather than because of him, just like the title actually.

We lost direction the minute Pearson left the club, and lost it even further once Walsh went too. I'm just thankful that it didn't kick in until after May 2016.

Time for the owners to stand up and take some action. It's been fuck up after fuck up ever since we won the league. I've no doubt at all that we try and brush this under the carpet and persist with the incompetence before the latest embarrassing fuck up comes around.

I know Teso loves being a wind up merchant but I don't think Leicester can afford any more fuck ups behind the scenes otherwise they will become genuine relegation  candidates. There's a massive hole in there midfield now and having an injured Vardy starting against Bournemouth shows how much they think of the players they spent serious money on that didn't play.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I know Teso loves being a wind up merchant but I don't think Leicester can afford any more fuck ups behind the scenes otherwise they will become genuine relegation  candidates. There's a massive hole in there midfield now and having an injured Vardy starting against Bournemouth shows how much they think of the players they spent serious money on that didn't play.

Become? I think we are. I think we will stay up this year but it'll be similar to last year where we have a good run that basically keeps us in the league. My worry is that in the long run, that is going to end up being our aim year on year and considering we've actually won the league in the last couple of years that isn't good enough.

The amount we paid for our players who don't start against the players who do is utterly absurd. It's like Bournemouth on a bigger scale.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

pretty much agree. 

• Administrator

Leicester City Football Club has received notification from FIFA’s Players’ Status Committee that the international transfer of Adrien Silva from Sporting Clube de Portugal to Leicester City has not been approved.

The Club is therefore unable to complete the registration of Adrien’s transfer from Sporting. As a result, he will be ineligible for selection until January, when the transfer window – and its associated registration period – re-opens.

A Leicester City spokesman said: “We cannot hide our disappointment or that of the player at the short-term consequences of the decision.

“We maintain, and have made strong representations to FIFA’s Players’ Status Committee, that all parties involved in Adrien’s transfer fulfilled their obligations, consistent with FIFA regulations and within the required timeframe. The Club is reserving its position in relation to whether it will decide to appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

“The Club and its staff will continue to work with Adrien to hopefully minimise the impact that missing a substantial period of the season may have on the player, while continuing to prepare the squad for the games ahead.”

https://www.lcfc.com/news/488250/adrien-silva-fifa-registration-decision-upheld/press-release

• Subscriber

I'm not sure I'd even bother. By the time it's done we'll be not far off January anyway.

We've completely lost our direction. We need a new face at the club. Someone to get our act together.

We need a Les Reed type character. Not him obviously as there's no reason to leave Southampton to come here, but someone like him who keeps things ticking over. We had that in Pearson but I'm unsure if you can really get by having that character being the manager anymore.

• Subscriber

This club really does to look at what a complete and utter mess we've made of the best position we're ever likely to be in and look at how it's happened. None of this "natural level" bollocks because that's a mindset created by your proper nobodies of the footballing world. We literally won the league and we're apathetically allowing ourselves to fall apart. Fucking disgraceful.

The owners need a good look at this but I fully expect nothing will change. Rudkin has overseen us blowing it in January 2016 (which we ended up getting away with), the sale of our best player for the same money as Moussa Sissoko* and a total failure to bring in a player like him, significant regression despite £80mil being spent, the utter mess of the last deadline day where we resorted to signing Molla Wague on loan, for some context here, we knew we'd fucked the summer up so wanted to act to get a couple of players in. Ndidi came in, good. So, for a defender.... nothing..... still nothing..... still nothing. We get to deadline day and end up right at the end signing Udinese defender Molla Wague on loan. Molla Wague is 25 years old, has played 80 games in his whole career and even most of them were outside the top tier in France. Bear in mind we were in the Champions League at this point, and THAT is the best we can attract?

And this summer seemed decent, but no, of course we've gone and blown it yet again, leaving ourselves totally under par in midfield for the second year running. I feel harsh bashing Andy King but he wasn't good enough away from home in a 4-4-2 in the Championship. If anything sums up how much we've regressed, it's that he is now starting again.

You just have to laugh. It's utterly beyond belief what's happened here and if the owners don't act then it'll prove my long-lasting sneaky suspicion that they've been incredibly lucky right. An absolute catalogue of errors behind the scenes yet we'll almost certainly let it keep happening. It'll relegate us eventually.

* I will at least concede that with Kante we did get £32mil after putting in a release clause to Champions League clubs of £20mil - but there you go again with the short-sightedness, we signed him the summer before the money was about to get utterly ridiculous and we're putting in a clause that effectively says if he's Champions League level, he can go for a price that won't actually be that much in a year's time, and I could've pointed that out at the time.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

As a side note, how is that possibly fair that Diego Costa can train with Atletico but Silva can't with us. On what grounds is that allowed?

--------------

We need a total overhaul behind the scenes. We've been a laughing stock since we've won the league, for all the Champions League run was memorable, it was still despite the likes of Rudkin rather than because of him, just like the title actually.

We lost direction the minute Pearson left the club, and lost it even further once Walsh went too. I'm just thankful that it didn't kick in until after May 2016.

Time for the owners to stand up and take some action. It's been fuck up after fuck up ever since we won the league. I've no doubt at all that we try and brush this under the carpet and persist with the incompetence before the latest embarrassing fuck up comes around.

Yeah i wanted to come back to that too, still the slight difference is that Costa is basically loaned until he is sold. Still makes no sense in this way as well.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

really???? no. I gave my honest opinion and it hasnt been proven false so far. The two fans here were in denial about the curreny state of their club, relegation material, but i was the WUM. :coffee:

sorry for having faith in our club

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

really???? no. I gave my honest opinion and it hasnt been proven false so far. The two fans here were in denial about the curreny state of their club, relegation material, but i was the WUM. :coffee:

You were the WUM. No doubting that. You still think Ranieri would've kept us up.

We do ourselves no favours though. I think 7th is there for the taking for someone like us and we'll likely be nowhere near it. Even Watford and Burnley are looking like they could push for it.

Archived