talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How much do you pay for a pint in your local?

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, FOYM said:

Between 2.90 - 3.60 is what i pay up here. Nearly a fiver in carlisle mind.

How the fuck is that justified? :| Carlisle is hardly the trendiest or wealthiest city in the country, and while it's fairly remote for most of us, it's not like it's the Shetland Islands where it will cost a small fortune to get the beer up there. Truly bizarre.

In Bolton, you can get a pint in most central places for around £2.50. Of course, really good bars/pubs are thin on the ground here simply because the punters are mostly coked-up inbreds who wouldn't understand the concepts of 'taste', 'class' or 'finesse' if they had the rest of time to figure them out.

I was in Lviv, Ukraine, over the summer. Sure, it's not the capital, but it's a beautiful place, full of history and things to do and see. Nowhere, NOWHERE will sell you a 0.5L (near enough a pint) of tasty, local beer, for anything more than 80p. Most places will charge you like 60p - this is in the cool bars in the centre of a gorgeous place, the second/third city of Ukraine. Even their craft stuff (which is relatively new and definitely 'premium' for the locals) is around £1.30. What a marvellous place - I hope the low-cost airlines never, ever fly direct from the UK for fear of it becoming like Budapest, Riga or Prague.

8 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

How the fuck is that justified? :| Carlisle is hardly the trendiest or wealthiest city in the country, and while it's fairly remote for most of us, it's not like it's the Shetland Islands where it will cost a small fortune to get the beer up there. Truly bizarre.

It's cause it's the only decent "big night out" for people in Cumbria I'm guessing. Bloody ridiculous though.

On 07/09/2017 at 0:40 PM, SirBalon said:

Here in Islington (North London) anything from £4.50 in a horrible pub to almost £6 in the good ones.

Ha ha i remember when me and mate went to watch England in 2010. It was 4.50 for a pint on a specia offer. I had never drunk in London before so i was shocked.

My local in about 2.90 but i go in town mainly which is about £3.45 to £4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived