talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How much do you pay for a pint in your local?

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

anyone ever been to Katzenjammer near London Bridge?

bit expensive but best atmosphere for a pub I've been to. live music and German pints served by beautiful ladies. can't go wrong!!

So get this shit, fellas. Yanks don't even know what a bloody pint is. They use the fucking Imperial system! The tits also use Fluid Ounces but they cunts look puzzled when it comes to that, so they use asinine sizing like 'small', 'medium', 'large'. It is one of the things that boils my shit about Americans. Fuck me dead, they have the gall to ignore the metric system and not even use their own. :dam: Whatever the equivalent is; it can be about $5.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

So get this shit, fellas. Yanks don't even know what a bloody pint is. They use the fucking Imperial system! The tits also use Fluid Ounces but they cunts look puzzled when it comes to that, so they use asinine sizing like 'small', 'medium', 'large'. It is one of the things that boils my shit about Americans. Fuck me dead, they have the gall to ignore the metric system and not even use their own. :dam: Whatever the equivalent is; it can be about $5.

They also use the Imperial system in a different manner to is in the UK when it comes to the body weight of an adult. We go by stones and they go via pounds alone. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They also use the Imperial system in a different manner to is in the UK when it comes to the body weight of an adult. We go by stones and they go via pounds alone. 

Their pints are also smaller. 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

When I ordered my first pint in the US I was so fucking confused. I'm pretty sure my exact words were "this is not a pint" - it's approximately 83% of a pint.

It depends on what day I go to my local, because they've got different specials. Ranges from $2.50-$5, but also depends on the type of beer you're getting.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When I ordered my first pint in the US I was so fucking confused. I'm pretty sure my exact words were "this is not a pint" - it's approximately 83% of a pint.

It depends on what day I go to my local, because they've got different specials. Ranges from $2.50-$5, but also depends on the type of beer you're getting.

I remember my first beer in the US, I had my money out ready to pay and got confused when the opportunity to hand over the money didn't arise. Then at the end of the night he wanted a tip for pulling a few pints. Odd place. They expect a tip for the smallest of labouring :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I remember my first beer in the US, I had my money out ready to pay and got confused when the opportunity to hand over the money didn't arise. Then at the end of the night he wanted a tip for pulling a few pints. Odd place. They expect a tip for the smallest of labouring :ph34r:

I hate that. They sit you down, open a tab, you can't walk around the pub. You can't play a game of pool, play darts, have a yarn with someone. American don't know how to drink at all.

6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The federal minimum wage for waitresses and bartenders is $2.13/hour... so I'm not sure where you are, but there's a good chance that they need to survive with the tips they make. California's is $15/hour (or more, I'm not really sure, but either way, much better than $2)... but tipping is basically considered something you have to do at most restaurants and all bars. Got given a lot of shite by the locals when I first came here.

Just now, Spike said:

I hate that. They sit you down, open a tab, you can't walk around the pub. You can't play a game of pool, play darts, have a yarn with someone. American don't know how to drink at all.

Americans are pretty shite at drinking. It's true. But they do also have one of the coolest places I've been drinking: https://coinopsd.com/ (note: that's not my local though, and the drinks are expensive)

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

They done that at the pub I was in when I went to Greece, gave you your pints, a bowl of crisps and made you pay at the end. En half puts you off spending so much on beer at once.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

They done that at the pub I was in when I went to Greece, gave you your pints, a bowl of crisps and made you pay at the end. En half puts you off spending so much on beer at once.

All the small bars in Japan I went to have you pay at the end of the night. I forgot this once when I was new there and walked out the pub and went home 👀

23 minutes ago, Anton said:

All the small bars in Japan I went to have you pay at the end of the night. I forgot this once when I was new there and walked out the pub and went home 👀

I went to France for the Euros and stayed in Calais, we went to this American Diner style bar/restaurant place. Sat down, bought a pint, burger and chips each. They had a laptop with YouTube attached to the speakers, at first it was just us 4 English in there. Some Welsh lads walked in after, one of us stuck the Will Griggs on fire song on and the night started from there, dancing on tables and chairs, turned from just us 8 to every English and Welshman in Calais in there singing along to football songs and Oasis....anyway in all of the singing I forgot to pay for my 20€ meal and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too 😂

1 hour ago, Danny said:

In Spain in general you also pay at the end and the same thing has happened to me more than once as with Anton where I've gone home without paying.  Obviously I go the next day and tell them.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In Spain in general you also pay at the end and the same thing has happened to me more than once as with Anton where I've gone home without paying.  Obviously I go the next day and tell them.

You're a more honest man than Anton.

9 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I always thought everything was cheaper in Argentina.

So that's about 57p :o

Many things like food, drinks, clothes and other things were a few years ago when the dollar price was low, but it's almost $18 per dollar now so that's not the case any more and also before there were lots of subsidies by the past populist government which is not the case any more. One thing i forgot to mention is also cheaper is public transport.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

So that's about 57p :o

Yeah haha. It's for the most popular local beer on a happy hour (or in cheap beach bars), other beers usually range from 1.50$ for to 5$, sometimes more than that if it's imported German or Belgian beer. 

Archived