talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualifiers (CONMEBOL) October 5th and October 10th

football forum

I'm going to start this thread early as I am incredibly nervous for the upcoming 2 matchdays.

October 5th

Bolivia vs Brazil

Venezuela vs Uruguay

Chile vs Ecuador

Colombia vs Paraguay

Argentina vs Peru

October 10th

Ecuador vs Argentina

Uruguay vs Bolivia

Paraguay vs Venezuela

Brazil vs Chile

Peru vs Colombia

Table

356692cd3b63a0266b6b74da025a3aee.png

Think we will definitely win at least one of the matches. Rather it be against Argentina as that will almost guarantee our place in the World Cup.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

peru won't beat argentina or colombia. lets make a bet Libby. 2 month ban from this site? im sure you won't as i dont think you really believe peru has a chance against either team

I remember you saying that about the last 18 teams :D

No bet, but you did say this a month ago:

no chance in hell. peru wont play in a wc in another 40 years maybe longer.  if they make it to this wc, i will log out and never post again here . ffs they needed bolivia to fuck up in the 80th+ minutes, bolivia up 2 and they played an ineligible player so peru won by default and they celebrated like they won the wc. 😂😂😂 at least they are close to mexico in the rankings ill give them that 

If we make this world cup, that will be my signature.

Not man for man but right now we are better than both teams. I think recent form, performances and statistics all support that.

• Administrator

literally just clocked that Argentina have scored less than the team that are bottom xD 

i think Argentina will beat Peru. Chile to draw with Ecuador. 

but then Peru will draw with Colombia while Brazil beat Chile. And Argentina to beat Ecuador.

which i believe will automatically put Argentina through and Peru in 5th. 

Claudio Pizarro wants to get called up for the world cup.

If he does, we will see a repeat of 1982. Would hurt our chances of progressing the group.

First of, he needs to realize we haven't qualified YET. Second, he doesn't deserve a world cup. Neither does Jefferson Farfan.

On 08/09/2017 at 1:49 AM, Blue said:

I'm going to start this thread early as I am incredibly nervous for the upcoming 2 matchdays.

October 5th

Bolivia vs Brazil

Venezuela vs Uruguay

Chile vs Ecuador

Colombia vs Paraguay

Argentina vs Peru

October 10th

Ecuador vs Argentina

Uruguay vs Bolivia

Paraguay vs Venezuela

Brazil vs Chile

Peru vs Colombia

Table

356692cd3b63a0266b6b74da025a3aee.png

Think we will definitely win at least one of the matches. Rather it be against Argentina as that will almost guarantee our place in the World Cup.

Wow. 1 point and zero goal difference separating who qualifies automatically for WC, to those who will miss out completely. I don't envy any supporter of 3rd through 6th place.

Edison Flores posted this on his Facebook. He's basically telling the population that its normal to have excitement, but nothing has been won yet. We still haven't qualified. I'm really glad the players see this and I hope they live up to their word and take these last 2 matches seriously, which I know they will.

feb38b2c246427321eca04e425fb0fcf.png

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's changed his game as Dickie mentioned, but he was at his best for me 2010-2012

Basically what I've been saying. He's still completely world class but he has changed as a player and as a result, isn't as good as he once was in my opinion. In 2010-2012 he was arguably the best player of all time, now he's arguably only the best in the world.

Now to wait for @SirBalon to "rip us apart" for having a different opinion to him.

It's simple for those that understand the sport...  He did change his game because he's that good!  He's become a better player than he was which is tremendous and this metamorphosis is the only factor for me that puts him into contention for the greatest of all time alongside Maradona.

Just now, SirBalon said:

It's simple for those that understand the sport...  He did change his game because he's that good!  He's become a better player than he was which is tremendous and this metamorphosis is the only factor for me that puts him into contention for the greatest of all time alongside Maradona.

Well I'm sorry for not "understanding the sport" because he doesn't impress me as much as he used to.

41 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's dropped a level if you ask me :ph34r:

I agree. Nothing controversial here, Chris. He also wasn´t at his best in 2014 and then he returned to being great in 2015,  perhaps it could  be related to his disilusions with the national team and also due to the fact that Luis Enrique never really shaped his team well last season. With a better coach in Valverde and with the World Cup in the horizon (Argentina always qualify in the end,) he will return to his best.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's complete bollocks. Messi isn't half the player now that he was then. Same goes for Ronaldo, he changed his game and is a more tactical player. Its working tremendously and he's scoring against big and smaller opponents. He's on course to win the Ballon D'or which I'm actually starting to make sense of despite believing Neymar should get it, but he is in no way possible anywhere as good as he once was.

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I agree. Nothing controversial here, Chris. He also wasn´t at his best in 2014 and then he returned to being great in 2015,  perhaps it could  be related to his disilusions with the national team and also due to the fact that Luis Enrique never really shaped his team well last season. With a better coach in Valverde and with the World Cup in the horizon (Argentina always qualify in the end,) he will return to his best.

There were definite signs of it yesterday, age could be a factor to watch out for although I still believe he's got 4 or 5 years of being world class or "the best in the world".

He doesn't get you on the edge of your seat like he did back then(although the same can even be said for 2007-2009 in this regard) but I'd hardly say that he's dropped a level, as he has arguably become a better allround player than ever over the past 3 years. The team as a whole dropped a level over the past year and half or so, but not necessarily Messi. Last season he scored over 50 goals, many of them being world class ones, his passing was brilliant, we saw his mazy dribble runs like old times, he kept the team in the title race towards the end of the season(most notably with a great performance against Real Madrid) and had a class Copa Del Rey final.

I can't think of ever seeing a player who can score goals, dribble and pass to the same high standards as him.

He's evolved over the years from playing on the right, to a false 9 to more of an attacking midfielder and has had to change his game, which he has done perfectly well.

In terms of explosiveness and lethalness in attack, 2010-2012 was his absolute best. Best player I've ever seen and without a shadow of a doubt the greatest of all time. 

He can't really do that stuff now to the same standard he did in those years, but as everyone suggested, he changed his game. He's now more of a playmaker rather than a focal point in attack, and that is largely due to the absence of Xavi and decline of Iniesta. Even so, he still performs above anyone else, and that just goes to show how unbelievable he is. 

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

yeah, his form has definitely gone down, thats understandable for a 30 year old. if only messi was like hamsik, also thirty. 

This post is absolute gold

You agree with something I say and still look for a pop nevertheless. You are the gift that keeps on giving xD

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived