talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualifiers (CONMEBOL) October 5th and October 10th

football forum

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paolo Guerrero asked Flamengo if he could be let go a match early, where as Messi arrived in Buenos Aires this morning. I know it ultimately won't affect the outcome of the match but I think Argentinian journalists have a right to be mad.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Paolo Guerrero asked Flamengo if he could be let go a match early, where as Messi arrived in Buenos Aires this morning. I know it ultimately won't affect the outcome of the match but I think Argentinian journalists have a right to be mad.

Messi has carried this team full of useless bastards to 3 consecutive finals. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Messi has carried this team full of useless bastards to 3 consecutive finals. 

I said it won't affect the outcome of the match. He can arrive right on time to the game and still probably make magic, but what Argentinian journalists are on about is that he's showing a lack of professionalism or rather a "lack of care" for the game COMPARED to Paolo Guerrero who is about to have the most important game of his career. 

Something I found interesting is that last night, Pedro Eloy who is in Buenos Aires said that he spoke to the Argentinian journalists and never has he seen them so afraid. Usually when Peru goes away to Argentina they always say "sorry, but we're going to beat Peru" this time its not the case with them.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I said it won't affect the outcome of the match. He can arrive right on time to the game and still probably make magic, but what Argentinian journalists are on about is that he's showing a lack of professionalism or rather a "lack of care" for the game COMPARED to Paolo Guerrero who is about to have the most important game of his career. 

Something I found interesting is that last night, Pedro Eloy who is in Buenos Aires said that he spoke to the Argentinian journalists and never has he seen them so afraid. Usually when Peru goes away to Argentina they always say "sorry, but we're going to beat Peru" this time its not the case with them.

Nah mate I'm saying these Argentinian journalists should quite down with anything revolving Messi, especially his commitment towards the national team as like i've mentioned, he's practically carried them to 3 consecutive finals. 

Aguero, DiMaria, Biglia, Higuain, Banega, Pastore, etc have all failed the national side as of late. Instead of criticism, there needs to be support, and making something out of nothing like Messi arriving late isn't going to do shite. 

Only three players on the national team have given everything they've had. Messi, Mascherano, and Romero. 

That's fair enough. I seriously hope the fewer days training will affect him negatively on the pitch but given the quality he has, I doubt it.

I'm not one who often blames the referee for games lost, but I am a bit worried that he's going to be against us. I don't believe in "buying the game" bollocks. However I'm still worried about the referee due to the crowd and some of Infantino's comments. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Brian getting the excuses in early xD 

Not really, if we lose I won't have excuses. As I said I don't blame referees for losses. If we have 3 penalties against us I'll say the same thing. I'm still worried though.

Can I also throw in that Peru are 12/1? xD What shocking odds. Take out Messi and that Argentina side is about on par with Peru.

Bolivia 4/1 at home to Brazil is free money.

Watching on channel 3 all the goals. What a beautiful campaign we've had.

Colombia 2-0 Peru

Peru 3-4 Chile

Peru 1-0 Paraguay

Brazil 3-0 Peru

Peru 2-2 Venezuela

Uruguay 1-0 Peru

Bolivia 2-0 Peru (0-3 Peru on paper)

Peru 2-1 Ecuador

Peru 2-2 Argentina

Chile 2-1 Peru

Paraguay 1-4 Peru

Peru 0-2 Brazil

Venezuela 2-2 Peru

Peru 2-1 Uruguay

Peru 2-1 Bolivia

Ecuador 1-2 Peru

Before the Ecuador game, I would have said I would be satisfied with 6th place. Not anymore. We're in 4th with 2 matches left, we can't bottle this now.

portada041017-d91ee.jpg

Perú's daily sports newspaper 'Todo Sport' really is heating up the coach between Argentina and Perú.  If it wasn't hot enough already, their front page this morning accuses both AFA and FIFA of a pact between the two to make Argentina qualify for the World Cup.  I somehow think anyone that misses the game in the cauldron that is La Bombonera is crazy!

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@Blue

Good luck tonight mate. Understand it's a big moment for your country. Going to be a great game and hope both teams end up qualifying. 

Cheers mate, think I'll end up in tears this tuesday no matter the situation. Its time we go back to where we belong.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

portada041017-d91ee.jpg

Perú's daily sports newspaper 'Todo Sport' really is heating up the coach between Argentina and Perú.  If it wasn't hot enough already, their front page this morning accuses both AFA and FIFA of a pact between the two to make Argentina qualify for the World Cup.  I somehow think anyone that misses the game in the cauldron that is La Bombonera is crazy!

Looks like you're a bit behind, not the first time we've done this. This for me was the best headline...

2e0855f8cdc1f2b2e5e8acb20ae6c28f.png

35 minutes ago, Blue said:

Looks like you're a bit behind, not the first time we've done this. This for me was the best headline...

2e0855f8cdc1f2b2e5e8acb20ae6c28f.png

Your press could be creating a massive fall to the ground with no safety net if it goes wrong. But then again, with all of the headlines thes past few days if it goes well... Well we could be seeing a hero psychosis developing and who knows from there. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Your press could be creating a massive fall to the ground with no safety net if it goes wrong. But then again, with all of the headlines thes past few days if it goes well... Well we could be seeing a hero psychosis developing and who knows from there. 

Well its backfired in the last 40 years, I just don't want a repeat of 1997. We have a brilliant process and generation upcoming and if we lose now, everything will go out the window. We've made it this far.

Just now, Blue said:

Well its backfired in the last 40 years, I just don't want a repeat of 1997. We have a brilliant process and generation upcoming and if we lose now, everything will go out the window. We've made it this far.

In my view if your press acted accordingly to what it is, then any hypothetical defeat wouldn't be taken in as a disaster.  It's the euphoric battle cry that can really do damage in situations such as these.  I've seen it before.

Just now, SirBalon said:

In my view if your press acted accordingly to what it is, then any hypothetical defeat wouldn't be taken in as a disaster.  It's the euphoric battle cry that can really do damage in situations such as these.  I've seen it before.

Ha, we're at war between the 2 press'. Not sure if you've heard of Martin Liberman, but he's talking and talking and talking to put pressure. One of the things he's said is "Peru has already won". I hope the players aren't watching the news or paying attention to those comments.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived