• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane Wins August Player of the Month

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

When you say it like that it makes a monthly award sound stupid.

Congratulations for playing well for 3 games.

When you say it like that it makes you think it was me who made the decision xD

48 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It will be 3 won't it? Two in the league and the league cup game (which he probably wouldn't have played in anyway)

There seemed a possibility it might get reduced to 1 since everybody seemed to feel sorry for him and recognise he did what every good striker would do in that situation just like ederson did what any good goalie would have done. 

It may be able to be downgraded from violent conduct if that I what was written up.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

There seemed a possibility it might get reduced to 1 since everybody seemed to feel sorry for him and recognise he did what every good striker would do in that situation just like ederson did what any good goalie would have done. 

It may be able to be downgraded from violent conduct if that I what was written up.

I read somewhere that because it was an on the ball incident it's classified as serious foul play rather than violent conduct, and so it only carries a one match ban.

I have no idea if that's true.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I read somewhere that because it was an on the ball incident it's classified as serious foul play rather than violent conduct, and so it only carries a one match ban.

I have no idea if that's true.

The FA rules states:

PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

Think Mane's high foot comes under this category so therefore 3-match ban. 

Archived