talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Azeem said:

I'm waiting for Ori and the will of wisps sequel to the 2015 game. 

The first part was great a challenging gameplay, exploration and the unexpected twists in the story were great

Won't have to wait too long its coming out this year and its on my list of games to play this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Cheers for that. Wonder how this works with me as I have Amazon Prime but have an online subscription via a group of mates (the family account), which I'm not the main holder. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cheers for that. Wonder how this works with me as I have Amazon Prime but have an online subscription via a group of mates (the family account), which I'm not the main holder. 

I too am curious how it works because if this is a way to get the first year to test the service then I think its a good move. I wonder if this also means that we will at some point see Nintendo and Amazon partner for the server backend for all this. I think its smart considering they can host so much better on AWS and Amazon wins too since people have to get their Prime Service for the first year.

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/an-easy-mode-has-never-ruined-a-game-1833757865

interesting little debate about adding an easy mode to games that may need them. I don't think its a bad idea for the game they are talking about, Sekiro, but as stated in the comments section thats not FromSoftware's way of doing things and to change that would mean that they then have to go about finding some way to change the mechanics to match the difficulty level. I'm not opposed to more inclusion but to destroy the foundation of a game is a bit absurd and there are plenty of other games out in the realm for play as well, I don't think the idea that you need ninja skills to play a game and feel the accomplishment after is a bad thing at all.

For anyone interested, the original Phoenix Wright trilogy has come out on PS4, Xbox One and Switch. Little bit steep at £27, especially as it's a port of a port of a port but with crisper graphics and adjusted for HDTV displays, but they're worth a go if you like linear story based type games with courtroom drama with some investigation and interrogation scenes. 

• Subscriber

Respawn's Jedi-themed Star Wars game is being revealed later this week

The tagline for Jedi: Fallen Order says the game "tells an original Star Wars story around a surviving Padawan set shortly after the events of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith." It's a dark time for the Jedi, and they're being hunted down following the Empire's grim Order 66 policy. 

Chris Avellone, who worked on KOTOR 2 among many other PC classics, confirmed back in early March that he worked on Jedi Fallen Order with Respawn. 

Unusually for Respawn, creators of the excellent Titanfall games and Apex Legends, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is singleplayer-only, which the official Star Wars site confirmed shortly after announcement. That was surprising news, given that the studio's first Titanfall game was multiplayer-only—the sequel, of course, added an excellent (if extremely brief) solo campaign. 

And yes, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order feature lightsaber duels. It'll be interesting to see how Respawn interprets them, given its experience of punchy, physical action in Titanfall. 

This is almost certainly going to be a third-person action game. Stig Asmussen, previously of the God of War series on PlayStation, announced in 2016 that he was working on Respawn's Star Wars project, and called it third-person in his blog. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-release-date/

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As much as I'd like to be interested in it, it's published by EA and that alone makes me not too interested at present. 

I've never played a Respawn game I didn't enjoy though.

Let's see if that holds true now that they're making serious money for EA and this is a Disney product, though.

But until they make a shite game, I'll always be excited to give a Respawn game a go. Titanfall 1 and 2 are criminally underrated titles, imo, and some of the best shooters in recent years. Apex Legends I was worried I wouldn't like, being a BR and being made on the corpse of Titanfall 3 (I hope Apex's success means that there will be another installment of Titanfall though, that series deserves more recognition).

Having said all that, DICE and BioWare used to be good developers that EA demolished... so let's see how it goes now that EA is having a non-DICE developer make a Star Wars game, after the last 2 EA installments of Star Wars games were really just flashy loads of shite (the Battlefront reboot abominations).

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've never played a Respawn game I didn't enjoy though.

This right here is a good reason to pick it up and its a single-player game at that so that makes me even more interested. 

Agree about Titanfall but I felt like the first Titanfall was a bit better than the second that may also be due to the fact that it was more novel at the time. That campaign in Titanfall 2 however is very very good.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, PrinceSpeedyG said:

Anyone who has a Switch getting Cuphead and or Hellblade?

I'd love to get Cuphead for the Switch sadly I played it on the PC and finished it so no point. Hellblade on the other hand looked promising but once again already played so no point really. I like that they are making ports of these though which is great news for Switch owners who want to get these games on their consoles.

Thinking my next Switch purchase will be Xenoblade

Edited by Mel81x

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 02:25, nudge said:

Also Chris Avellone worked with KOTOR 2 and has been working on this together with Respawn as well... Gives me hope.

He also worked on the 2 original Fallout games as well as Fallout New Vegas. The man is a legend.

That's great news though - it's one of the best (imo) publishers in recent years with a legendary writer for some incredible games.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I saw that yesterday and said the same thing. It's even more weirder how they seems totally oblivious to it by saying "all change is met with some kind of resistance". I mean if thats the case why dont they put a go-pro on their head and walk around projecting their lives to everyone on the globe.

EA have confirmed that there won't be any microtransactions or loot boxes added before or after Fallen Order is launched. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-13-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-a-single-player-story-game-with-no-multiplayer-and-no-microtransactions

While that sounds great, EA are not the most trustworthy of companies and I'll have to see it to believe it unfortunately.