talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

yep but it took me a few tries :4_joy:

Just as a note. Do not go to Dathomir until you've finished two more planets. You could get stuck and have to restart the whole game. Yes, this is a bug EA is trying to fix but its not coming anytime soon.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Just as a note. Do not go to Dathomir until you've finished two more planets. You could get stuck and have to restart the whole game. Yes, this is a bug EA is trying to fix but its not coming anytime soon.

Cheers for the tip! I unlocked Zeffo and Dathomir now and am heading back to the ship; I will definitely delay going to Dathomir for as long as it's possible...

Wall running is so cool by the way!

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

Cheers for the tip! I unlocked Zeffo and Dathomir now and am heading back to the ship; I will definitely delay going to Dathomir for as long as it's possible...

Wall running is so cool by the way!

Wait till the more fun skills unlock. There's one in particular that I just love abusing and I actually spend 20 minutes trying to put enemies in very hard positions when I learned it just because I could (Force Push btw). I literally would wait for them to jump and push them into ravines on Zeffo.

What level are you playing it at? I'm at Jedi Grand Master

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Wait till the more fun skills unlock. There's one in particular that I just love abusing and I actually spend 20 minutes trying to put enemies in very hard positions when I learned it just because I could (Force Push btw). I literally would wait for them to jump and push them into ravines on Zeffo.

What level are you playing it at? I'm at Jedi Grand Master

I started with the easiest story mode because I'm a noob at this kind of games but changed to Jedi Knight in the meantime as the combat in the story mode was too easy even for me xD 

I unlocked Force Push yesterday right before I went to bed! :D Haven't experimented with it much though yet... 

Have you finished the game already???

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

I started with the easiest story mode because I'm a noob at this kind of games but changed to Jedi Knight in the meantime as the combat in the story mode was too easy even for me xD 

I unlocked Force Push yesterday right before I went to bed! :D Haven't experimented with it much though yet... 

Have you finished the game already???

Im more than midway through. After a while combat becomes predictable and once you start going up the skill tree and spending more time on the combat unlocks things start to get much much easier in bigger combat groups. Spending time on parrying and always running is something that makes a lot of sense when you've got projectile-based enemies just because you can get a skill in the tree that allows Cal to auto-reflect projectiles in run mode. I won't spoil the combat upgrade but lets just say it gets very cool once you get a bit further in the tree especially for crowd control.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Im more than midway through. After a while combat becomes predictable and once you start going up the skill tree and spending more time on the combat unlocks things start to get much much easier in bigger combat groups.

As someone who's mostly interested in how the story develops, I'm personally not bothered if the combat becomes predictable/too easy... :) Haven't got a chance to play today yet as the end of the year means getting my work's financial accounts sorted so I spent most of the time today creating invoices retrospectively from March xD Ugh I hate bookkeeping. Can't wait to go back to the game...

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

As someone who's mostly interested in how the story develops, I'm personally not bothered if the combat becomes predictable/too easy... :) Haven't got a chance to play today yet as the end of the year means getting my work's financial accounts sorted so I spent most of the time today creating invoices retrospectively from March xD Ugh I hate bookkeeping. Can't wait to go back to the game...

There are parts of this game that are terribly annoying and rewarding at the same time and I am the kind of person that spends way too much time exploring zones and leveling up versus just rushing through things so I take my time to see if I am missing anything. Having said that, when I look back on how I played through it now I wish I had spend less time on actual combat upgrades and more time on increasing metas that let me use force and my vitality more. The story is quite nice and I like how they've brought it in characters from all the SW movie franchises too which is a nice touch.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

There are parts of this game that are terribly annoying and rewarding at the same time and I am the kind of person that spends way too much time exploring zones and leveling up versus just rushing through things so I take my time to see if I am missing anything. Having said that, when I look back on how I played through it now I wish I had spend less time on actual combat upgrades and more time on increasing metas that let me use force and my vitality more. The story is quite nice and I like how they've brought it in characters from all the SW movie franchises too which is a nice touch.

I enjoy exploring as well (though don't particularly care about getting 100% in all places) but I must say some areas are a bit meh to explore after a while... and Zeffo definitely has quite a few of them. I enjoyed it at first but after getting to the tomb and unlocking Kashyyyk (and somehow solving that spheres puzzle haha) the rest of the tomb is getting a bit tedious; maybe mostly because everything looks so repetitive there. Still can't stand the holomap; it feels way too cluttered and hard to read for me. Those are just my minor personal issues with the game but I still think it's great!

• Subscriber

Done with Fallen Order. Good ride it's been and I have to say I am a fan of the battle system just because it allows you to attack opponents in a myriad of ways and the force-charge is a nice feature to adopt in combat. Mastering parry and side-step/evade is a total boon on higher levels because even the hardest of enemies can be beaten safely once you get these two under your belt. I think EA have done this game some good justice and its definitely much better than I originally anticipated. Now, give us a game where I can choose my force path (like KOTOR) and they may actually have a GOTY on their hands. I'll spend some time running about and finishing planet exploration till the end of the week before it finds its way into the archive folder.

• Upvote 1

Latest content update for Elder Scrolls Online is really good. The biggest new city looks like some run-down South-East Asian town with remnants of past glory everywhere to be seen, and the story content is very good by both MMO and Elder Scrolls standards.

20191124000440_1.thumb.jpg.8d5fcc33fe226fb1b82d6609d04fc22c.jpg20191124125417_1.thumb.jpg.95314e689b2cbc250db9fe6044847ba9.jpg20191124133111_1.thumb.jpg.65eb2690ec2d92207f4c67df49164537.jpg20191127001447_1.thumb.jpg.9662f0e42c22f6420319e1f1976ea13f.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Its Nintendo appreciation month for me so I went out and got two games for my Switch as I figure if I am travelling might as well play some fun titles. Picked up Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain for the Switch. Haven't really started the Luigi game but Astral Chain so far has been rather good. If you've got a Switch and like Bayonetta style mechanics give it a look into.

For anyone interested, Rayman Legends is currently free on the Epic Game Store. Though the game is fairly old, I'd strongly recommend playing this if you like 2D platformers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-29-rayman-legends-is-currently-free-on-the-epic-store

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Panflute said:

I bought Crysis and Crysis Warhead again on Steam sale for 5 euros. It's amazing how a 12-year-old game holds up so well, both in terms of looks and gameplay. I seriously enjoy playing this much more than recent Far Cry games.

The first one is a masterpiece imo and even today it puts a lot of machines through the gauntlet. My favorite part of the first one is how you can fast switch abilities in combat and it was so fluid too.

I've been playing Pokémon Shield - it's the first Pokémon game I've played since the red one on the Gameboy. My wife's playing Pokémon sword, I spent all yesterday doing the beginning 5 fucking times so we could trade and have all the starters. I still haven't really gotten beyond the point where you can first start trading xD

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been playing Pokémon Shield - it's the first Pokémon game I've played since the red one on the Gameboy. My wife's playing Pokémon sword, I spent all yesterday doing the beginning 5 fucking times so we could trade and have all the starters. I still haven't really gotten beyond the point where you can first start trading xD

I started playing it a week or two ago and I don't mind it despite the criticism the game has had. Haven't played it recently mind as I've been busy with work and assignments. Hoping to have more of a go as we go into Christmas. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I started playing it a week or two ago and I don't mind it despite the criticism the game has had. Haven't played it recently mind as I've been busy with work and assignments. Hoping to have more of a go as we go into Christmas. 

I'd not heard any criticism of the game tbh. Granted, I saw just a couple of good review scores and thought "fuck it, I've got a Switch - my wife's got a Switch. Let's play some fucking Pokémon." So far it seems pretty cool, but I haven't really done anything past getting to where we're allowed to trade xD

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd not heard any criticism of the game tbh. Granted, I saw just a couple of good review scores and thought "fuck it, I've got a Switch - my wife's got a Switch. Let's play some fucking Pokémon." So far it seems pretty cool, but I haven't really done anything past getting to where we're allowed to trade xD

We could trade as well, though I haven't done a whole lot at present. 

10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We could trade as well, though I haven't done a whole lot at present. 

I played a bit more last night, just got to the wild area. I really haven't played a whole lot... but I will say, this does seem a hell of a lot more complicated than I remember pokemon being xD

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I played a bit more last night, just got to the wild area. I really haven't played a whole lot... but I will say, this does seem a hell of a lot more complicated than I remember pokemon being xD

The wild area is the only real new thing in comparison to the core game (get first pokemon, get eight badges, fight a rival and beat the elite four). Since this is your first one since Red though, it can feel much more daunting. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/12/2019 at 09:21, Mel81x said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-12-03-resident-evil-3-remake-cover-art-leaks-ahead-of-official-announcement

RE:3 is getting a remake for it after the success of RE:2. I wonder why no one is touching the original and redoing that instead? 

The first did have a remake, albeit back on the Gamecube days, and is generally available as well more widely. Capcom might be thinking that it's not quite time to look at that just yet. 

As for RE3, it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off as they could have arguably set the stage for this with the Mr. X scenarios from the RE2 remake. Nemesis was supposed to be an unstoppable monster and always hunting you down after all. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The first did have a remake, albeit back on the Gamecube days, and is generally available as well more widely. Capcom might be thinking that it's not quite time to look at that just yet. 

As for RE3, it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off as they could have arguably set the stage for this with the Mr. X scenarios from the RE2 remake. Nemesis was supposed to be an unstoppable monster and always hunting you down after all. 

one of the best things about RE3 for me. The fact that he chased you down everywhere was great. If they made it more random it would make it even more fun like Mr. X in the RE2:REMAKE