talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm still not sure. I'm leaning more towards the Switch because of the portability and that I can get it cheaper with the saved points I have. 

At the same time, I know I can't utilise the local multiplayer full on Switch as I only have the console joycons (not that it currently matters with the lockdown), whereas I can get multiplayer easier on PS4. 

If Nintendo ever wanted to give its fans something to rejoice about in this lockdown they'd start working on a network system that allowed players to play online rivaling their competitors. But, we must also remember this is Nintendo and they really give two shits about online gameplay.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If Nintendo ever wanted to give its fans something to rejoice about in this lockdown they'd start working on a network system that allowed players to play online rivaling their competitors. But, we must also remember this is Nintendo and they really give two shits about online gameplay.

True, Nintendo's online is woeful compared to PSN and especially XBL. At the same time, Nintendo have allowed cross play with other platforms, unlike Sony. 

Also, just saw this published and my mate sent a video over going into detail about. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-streets-of-rage-4-switch-xbox-one-port-analysis

I think that's pretty much confirmed which platform to buy it on. I guarantee that if I like it enough and it eventually goes on sale, I'll probably get it for the other as well because I'm a sad twat. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

True, Nintendo's online is woeful compared to PSN and especially XBL. At the same time, Nintendo have allowed cross play with other platforms, unlike Sony. 

Also, just saw this published and my mate sent a video over going into detail about. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-streets-of-rage-4-switch-xbox-one-port-analysis

I think that's pretty much confirmed which platform to buy it on. I guarantee that if I like it enough and it eventually goes on sale, I'll probably get it for the other as well because I'm a sad twat. xD

Thanks now I also know what I am getting it on console-wise but I'll stick with the PC version for a while. Found three friends who are also getting it on PC so we can all take turns playing while connected to Discord. I really wish they'd just say we're in 2020 and enable 4-way multi-player online. This was my big gripe with Darksiders: Genesis (please dont play this on the PC as its riddled with issues) because I felt like they should have made it a 4 way co-op and added more characters to the roster just to make it a fun game for party play.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thanks now I also know what I am getting it on console-wise but I'll stick with the PC version for a while. Found three friends who are also getting it on PC so we can all take turns playing while connected to Discord. I really wish they'd just say we're in 2020 and enable 4-way multi-player online. This was my big gripe with Darksiders: Genesis (please dont play this on the PC as its riddled with issues) because I felt like they should have made it a 4 way co-op and added more characters to the roster just to make it a fun game for party play.

Yeah, that's a bit odd really, especially as 4 players can be done locally. Maybe in future they might add it but probably unlikely. 

Bought the game on Switch in the end @Mel81x. Following the confirmation that the Switch version is more or less identical to PS4 and being able to get it for a couple of quid cheaper (thanks to Nintendo's gold points with any games), it was pretty much a no brainer.

I'll aim to give it a go this weekend as I want to finish Resi 3 first (think I'm close as I'm in the labs now) and remember the hospital part being 'the beginning of the end' in the original version. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bought the game on Switch in the end @Mel81x. Following the confirmation that the Switch version is more or less identical to PS4 and being able to get it for a couple of quid cheaper (thanks to Nintendo's gold points with any games), it was pretty much a no brainer.

I'll aim to give it a go this weekend as I want to finish Resi 3 first (think I'm close as I'm in the labs now) and remember the hospital part being 'the beginning of the end' in the original version. 

Yeah you're kinda close to the end maybe another 3 - 4 hrs depending on how much scouring you want to do and pick up stuff.

I am on the final stage of SoR4 and finishing it with Blaze first. Then Axel. Then the new characters. I quite like it and its worth it for the cost imo.

21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah you're kinda close to the end maybe another 3 - 4 hrs depending on how much scouring you want to do and pick up stuff.

I am on the final stage of SoR4 and finishing it with Blaze first. Then Axel. Then the new characters. I quite like it and its worth it for the cost imo.

My ammo's a bit low so trying to dodge more while getting what I need. 

My mate was liking SOR4 a lot as well, even saying that it could be the best in the series. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My ammo's a bit low so trying to dodge more while getting what I need. 

My mate was liking SOR4 a lot as well, even saying that it could be the best in the series. 

Its one of those beat-em-ups where if you just try and go full gung-ho you'll lose pretty fast and the incentive to do longer damage combos makes it really fun to play.

44 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think @Azeem has some thoughts on the new Assassin's Creed :)

Looks great, AC has always been consistent in is environment and this one looks epic but it doesn't look like an Assassins Creed game at all xD and maybe they aren't interested in making it look either

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Azeem said:

Looks great, AC has always been consistent in is environment and this one looks epic but it doesn't look like an Assassins Creed game at all xD and maybe they aren't interested in making it look either

I do agree wholeheartedly. As I said I haven't played Odyssey yet but it looks and sounds like the same idea as Origins. Which in itself I enjoyed alot of but your right its gotten away from what the originals where. Well see... I'll definitely keep playing anyways.

On 01/05/2020 at 21:51, Mel81x said:

Completed Resi 3 now @Mel81x. After finishing the game, I've realised I like to make things as awkward as possible for myself when I don't need to. xD

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Completed Resi 3 now @Mel81x. After finishing the game, I've realised I like to make things as awkward as possible for myself when I don't need to. xD

When I played i the first time through I actually stopped at certain moments and thought to myself "Should I go back and get XYZ?" Then I'd say nah only to say later that I should go back. Glad I did as I'd have missed quite a bit of the game if I hadn't. What did you think of the game?

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

When I played i the first time through I actually stopped at certain moments and thought to myself "Should I go back and get XYZ?" Then I'd say nah only to say later that I should go back. Glad I did as I'd have missed quite a bit of the game if I hadn't. What did you think of the game?

Yeah, I had the MAG and a bit of ammo....... only to use a couple of bullets overall as I wanted to save them for the final boss and didn't need them. 

In all honesty, I liked it but was disappointed with how Nemesis was used. Nemesis itself was a monster and as I expected but the way it was being built up to release, it was going to be the next stage of Mr. X and possibly be similar to Isolation's Alien, but it didn't get to that at all. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, I had the MAG and a bit of ammo....... only to use a couple of bullets overall as I wanted to save them for the final boss and didn't need them. 

In all honesty, I liked it but was disappointed with how Nemesis was used. Nemesis itself was a monster and as I expected but the way it was being built up to release, it was going to be the next stage of Mr. X and possibly be similar to Isolation's Alien, but it didn't get to that at all. 

He was made to only appear in certain places and never really chased you in the sense that Mr X did which was disappointing. I think it would have added to the horror factor if he showed up out of nowhere and just caused havoc but I think they did it due to wanting it to be different from RE2. Shame really as RE2 took the best thing about RE3 and left RE3 with nothing new.

• Subscriber

EA and Respawn have released a new free update for Jedi: Fallen Order. Sadly not a story DLC but the update includes:

• Meditation Training mode hub giving access to two new game modes: Combat Challenges and Battle Grid
  • New Journey + mode which unlocks new cosmetics, such as Inquisitor Uniform for Cal, as well as a red kyber crystal and the Protection and Defense I & II lightsaber sets
  • improved accesibility features, overall responsiveness of the gameplay and fixed combat input irregularities

Also, it seems that there will be a sequel to the game too.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Even if you don't play PC games this is slowly becoming a massive problem across anything competitive or online-based. Companies, in their tryst with cheating, are justifying ways to run anti-cheat software along with the game during online sessions. Now, the reports always say this doesnt affect consoles but then I ask how long before even that statement becomes obsolete? It's not like you can't hack a console and its not like they can't cheat there as well. Shame really as I like Doom Eternal and before this May 14th patch I was seriously considering a second run with the difficulty all the way up as well. The good news is that Bethesda is removing Denuvo, the bad news is that a lot of folks who installed it with Denuvo on there won't really know if its gone or if it still around somewhere. 

Ring-0 is not for software that is not from the OS provider, PERIOD. And if something does require that level of access then the OS provider needs to be involved along with a security team chosen by the international community (this sounds like a joke but its not). The last thing you want is for some lazy security programmer pushed by the boss on a deadline to introduce a hole and then forget stealing data from your machine they can do far far worse.  

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

I like the discussion around this. Sometimes you'll play a game to challenge yourself and its not like there arent a myriad of other games to choose from. It's why some people don't touch Bloodborne or Souls or NiOh or Sekiro, the difficulty just overwhelms them or they rage quit. Having said all that Ghost of Tsushima is a day one purchase for me now.

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Watched a series of videos by Extra Credits on YouTube about video gaming industry. It was really interesting and explained in simple terms like why studios release buggy games, video game prices.

Can you post that on here please?

That could be interesting.