talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can’t get a PS5 for love nor money. 

Yeah, struggling to see anywhere having it in stock thanks to the scalping wankers. 

I did read that there should be major restock throughout March and hopefully continue for a bit more. Here's hoping. 

Unfortunately, I'll be looking at Amazon only as I have a decent amount of gift cards given to me and have a bit built up as a result. 

29 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, struggling to see anywhere having it in stock thanks to the scalping wankers. 

I did read that there should be major restock throughout March and hopefully continue for a bit more. Here's hoping. 

Unfortunately, I'll be looking at Amazon only as I have a decent amount of gift cards given to me and have a bit built up as a result. 

Went live on Smyths yesterday. Had it in my basket and details entered within a minute. 

Sold out. Just. Fuck. Off.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Had a notification on my phone that Smyths had them in stock and by the time I had loaded up the webpage they had sold out. 

My mate works in retail and they've had them in the back for months, but they're not allowed to know how many are in stock, when they can go out or when more are coming. It's an absolute clusterfuck, especially with the scalpers.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Give them till end of March the TSMC factory ramp will be done by then and you'll have plenty on the market. I was lucky to get mine when I did but in all honesty you're missing nothing if you have a PS4 as far as I am concerned.

28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Give them till end of March the TSMC factory ramp will be done by then and you'll have plenty on the market. I was lucky to get mine when I did but in all honesty you're missing nothing if you have a PS4 as far as I am concerned.

I wasn't too fussed to begin with as I felt a bit stung by the PS4 when I first got that (there were basically no real good games on it for some time and it wasn't backwards compatible).

However, as it can run PS4 games via backwards compatibility and the general strong reception it has (as well as the Xbox Series), I'm more tempted now than I was to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nicely done. Just checked for a laugh and I'm stuck in a waiting room. :whistling:

Also, I misread your message as I bagged one on Very and thought you were on one of your wind ups again. xD

Do you follow MSVTweets? Honestly, pinged up on my phone at 9:58, sat in the sat in the waiting room for 15/20 mins. Then boom, options were there. In basket, logged in, checkout. Couldn’t believe it.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Do you follow MSVTweets? Honestly, pinged up on my phone at 9:58, sat in the sat in the waiting room for 15/20 mins. Then boom, options were there. In basket, logged in, checkout. Couldn’t believe it.

I don't unfortunately (never bother with anything Twatter related, though this sounds more like an app). 

I'd be tempted but I'm not sure whether to just hold on or not. I have a fair bit saved gift cards wise on Amazon and have a few PS4 games to play on as well (though I'm aware they run better on PS5), so not too desparate yet. 

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.polygon.com/22321843/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-tmnt-konami-arcade-game-sequel

Its coming back and I think I'll definitely pick this up just for the fact that I liked this game a lot when I was younger.

image.thumb.png.297dd5b39675ba0263b217153e45b8d7.png

Interesting that they're leaning on the past Konami games rather than the more recent (and shitter) versions. 

The fact that the publisher is Dotemu helps, as they were responsible for Streets of Rage 4 being published, as well as the Wonder Boy remake. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Interesting that they're leaning on the past Konami games rather than the more recent (and shitter) versions. 

The fact that the publisher is Dotemu helps, as they were responsible for Streets of Rage 4 being published, as well as the Wonder Boy remake. 

And I liked both those remakes a lot. My guess is that SoR4's engine will probably play a big role here as the artwork is looking terribly similar.

Edited by Mel81x

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to buy a new Xbox Series X (and I imagine a PS5) online is some of the most irritating shit I've ever dealt with. I get a notification they're back in stock, immediately click the link... and click the add to cart button. Then the store tells me "oh our add to cart button only sometimes works if it's an item in high demand, try again" so I try again two more times... and they're fully out of stock.

Ridiculously annoying.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trying to buy a new Xbox Series X (and I imagine a PS5) online is some of the most irritating shit I've ever dealt with. I get a notification they're back in stock, immediately click the link... and click the add to cart button. Then the store tells me "oh our add to cart button only sometimes works if it's an item in high demand, try again" so I try again two more times... and they're fully out of stock.

Ridiculously annoying.

Story. Of. My. Life.