talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/riot-shuts-down-league-of-legends-fan-game-after-creato-1846782044

Zed demanded that the developers hand over Chronoshift’s website and source code to Riot, as well as “all identifiable information” they shared with a specific developer. Zed then made the stakes of the situation clear: “Give me what I’m looking for and we won’t sue,” they said. “Refuse and we will.”

And this is my problem with RIOT as a company. I get that their IP is protected and they have every right to shut it down but that little exchange is just in poor taste. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of folks ditch League and move to the real big dog DOTA now. They could have gone the WoW/Blizzard route but thats not going to happen now even if Blizzard is just as rotten as RIOT.

Edited by Mel81x

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I loved the Dead Space games, I'd wondered why we hadn't seen a new one in such a long time.

Yeah, the dead space games are great, hope this new series are something like it ..I think they shut the studios down for some reason 🤔 

On 28/04/2021 at 23:24, Dr. Gonzo said:

I loved the Dead Space games, I'd wondered why we hadn't seen a new one in such a long time.

I never played DS3, but the first two were brilliant IMO. I actually didn't see the ending for the first one coming, so that reveal will always hold a special place in my wtf? list.

• Subscriber

Am currently playing Mafia: Definitive Edition remastered on the PS4. Once I've cleared it have 3 more games to play. The Last Of Us Remasered, Days Gone and Ghost Recon:Breaking Point.

• Subscriber
On 29/04/2021 at 03:54, Dr. Gonzo said:

On 29/04/2021 at 09:57, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You probably know this, but EA did its usual EA thing and killed the studio. 

Yep you were right - "EA made the decision to close down Visceral days later on October 17, 2017"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_Games

• Subscriber

Played the Village demo for RE today. While its short I like the direction Capcom have taken here and the spin of using Lycans with survival horror. Release day can't come soon enough.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Played the Village demo for RE today. While its short I like the direction Capcom have taken here and the spin of using Lycans with survival horror. Release day can't come soon enough.

Is it 1st person game?

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is it 1st person game?

Yep 1st person with some 3rd person view in there too from what I have seen on other iterations but this is more like RE7 I think.

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Would like to get it, but would rather have it on PS5 and not sure if I need to play RE7 first. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Would like to get it, but would rather have it on PS5 and not sure if I need to play RE7 first. 

I'd play RE7 first. Its a good game and its weird at first but you get used to what they are trying to do. As for the PS5 I am going PC for this one.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd play RE7 first. Its a good game and its weird at first but you get used to what they are trying to do. As for the PS5 I am going PC for this one.

Cheers for that. I'll have to get on to it at some point. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

And RE7 is free on PSPlus.

I've had it for a while. Just haven't started it yet. xD

Also, I hear Village is very scary. 

IMG-20210504-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ea7d4f8eab419781abe49283b1a1ac6d.jpg

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cheers for that. I'll have to get on to it at some point. 

I've had it for a while. Just haven't started it yet. xD

Also, I hear Village is very scary. 

IMG-20210504-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ea7d4f8eab419781abe49283b1a1ac6d.jpg

Played the demo this morning and I stopped and said its only three more days for a release so I'll just wait. But its very gorgeous when you max all the settings out as I would expect from an RE game.

Edited by Mel81x

42 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Played the demo this morning and I stopped and said its only three more days for a release so I'll just wait. But its very gorgeous when you max all the settings out as I would expect from an RE game.

Yeah, I've put a complete black out on the game. Haven't tried the demo(s) at all. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, I've put a complete black out on the game. Haven't tried the demo(s) at all. 

I was curious if my machine could even handle it and while I think the final product might get a bit strained I think I'll be just fine.

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I was curious if my machine could even handle it and while I think the final product might get a bit strained I think I'll be just fine.

Should look very good on PC in fairness. I'll eventually get round to playing RE7 once I stop putting stupid hours into Judgment. 

• Subscriber
On 05/05/2021 at 00:56, Whiskey said:

PS5 came yesterday and have spent the past two days binging on Spiderman: Miles Morales - what a fucking game lads.

It really is very good. Insomniac games just built on the hit they had with its predecessor.

• Subscriber

It's a long watch granted but if you've ever played the originals or the Seasons on Xbox this is a good documentary with lots of micro points that show what a good dev house can do for a game when its backed by a company that listens.

So what are some decent racing games, apart from F1? 

Where would one start? Assetto Corsa? That's from 2014. I saw that there's also a Assetto Corsa Competizione. Is that popular? Preferably something that's fun in mulitplayer mode. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So what are some decent racing games, apart from F1? 

Where would one start? Assetto Corsa? That's from 2014. I saw that there's also a Assetto Corsa Competizione. Is that popular? Preferably something that's fun in mulitplayer mode. 

Will you be using a controller or a wheel? 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Will you be using a controller or a wheel? 

Only have a controller at the moment. :( Wouldn't mind getting a decent wheel in the near-ish future though. 

I remember playing rfactor with keyboard. And when I switched to wheel, I actually got worse. xD

• Haha 1