talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

Nintendo coming up with the most unexpected announcement (for me at least) for E3. 

A remake of Advance Wars and Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising on Switch. 

I was not expecting that in the slightest. Would have been nice to see a new game, but I'll happily play these. I think I recommended the first one at least to @Dr. Gonzo a little while ago. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nintendo coming up with the most unexpected announcement (for me at least) for E3. 

I was not expecting that in the slightest. Would have been nice to see a new game, but I'll happily play these. I think I recommended the first one at least to @Dr. Gonzo a little while ago. 

You did, and it was a great game.

I'll play these remakes.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I liked the Metroid Dread annoucement. Yeah its a 2D platformer but atleast they cared enough to give us something there after all the delays.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I liked the Metroid Dread annoucement. Yeah its a 2D platformer but atleast they cared enough to give us something there after all the delays.

I heard that was in the works for some time. Can't remember how long though. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You did, and it was a great game.

I'll play these remakes.

I'd like to see online multiplayer and being able to share user created maps online, as I know the first game had a map creator (can't remember if the second game had it). 

I'll be very surprised if either happen though. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ive played every Hitman. AMA.

Am looking at the ordering the first one but it's quite rare. Have found hitman definitive edition which is the first one but with extras. Am going to order it as it's a decent price.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Am looking at the ordering the first one but it's quite rare. Have found hitman definitive edition which is the first one but with extras. Am going to order it as it's a decent price.

The first one is pretty dated at this point, the controls and movements where pretty bad from memory. Hitman 2 improved upon pretty much everything and imo Hitman 3 Blood Money is really the franchises coming out party, its a fantastic game. I wasnt a big fan of Absolution but the revamp Hitman and Hitman 2 for ps4 where both pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The first one is pretty dated at this point, the controls and movements where pretty bad from memory. Hitman 2 improved upon pretty much everything and imo Hitman 3 Blood Money is really the franchises coming out party, its a fantastic game. I wasnt a big fan of Absolution but the revamp Hitman and Hitman 2 for ps4 where both pretty good. 

Oh well have ordered it lol. Was looking at it on YouTube and it looks good graphics wise. I played Mafia 3 which was from 2016 and that was really good.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Oh well have ordered it lol. Was looking at it on YouTube and it looks good graphics wise. I played Mafia 3 which was from 2016 and that was really good.

despise Mafia 3. So maybe youll enjoy Hitman 1 :) Nah but seriously its not terrible its just dated. Like I said literally everything improves under Hitman 2.. but makes sense it was the original and a sort of new ish kinda style game. The stealth was a major part of the first 2 If I remember later on they kinda open that up and you give you many many options on how to do things, which I enjoyed alot more. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

despise Mafia 3. So maybe youll enjoy Hitman 1 :) Nah but seriously its not terrible its just dated. Like I said literally everything improves under Hitman 2.. but makes sense it was the original and a sort of new ish kinda style game. The stealth was a major part of the first 2 If I remember later on they kinda open that up and you give you many many options on how to do things, which I enjoyed alot more. 

I enjoyed Mafia 3, only had an issue with the aim when shooting lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Fascinating how a simple input mechanic totally breaks the buffer check on a fighting game and more importantly, allows you to be even more evasive without the game actually allowing it. 

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-village-pirate-says-cracked-release-fixes-1847266974

Apparently DRM disabling caused the game to perform much better, true shocker. But, what is the real icing on the cake in the comments section is how Capcom, in their infinite wisdom, thought it was better to implement their own DRM on top of a another DRM VM an expect great performance. It's almost as if people who dont understand software make these games.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-village-pirate-says-cracked-release-fixes-1847266974

Apparently DRM disabling caused the game to perform much better, true shocker. But, what is the real icing on the cake in the comments section is how Capcom, in their infinite wisdom, thought it was better to implement their own DRM on top of a another DRM VM an expect great performance. It's almost as if people who dont understand software make these games.

I always find it ironic that in an effort to stop piracy on a game, developers somehow make the game run shitter on a legit copy, but pirates manage to make it run smoothly on a pirated copy. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

Thoughts?

its a good idea in theory. The real question now is what all can't it play and how long its battery lasts in real-time plus with the PC landscape changing far more erratically than the console landscape how does this thing last. Also, I can't stand that button placement being all the way at the top with those big pads in the way, call me old-fashioned but touch gaming on a hand-held is still miles away from being a thing.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

its a good idea in theory. The real question now is what all can't it play and how long its battery lasts in real-time plus with the PC landscape changing far more erratically than the console landscape how does this thing last. Also, I can't stand that button placement being all the way at the top with those big pads in the way, call me old-fashioned but touch gaming on a hand-held is still miles away from being a thing.

Pretty much the same for me really. I'm quite interested in this if it's mainly a portable Steam mind. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-widespread-1847339746

Crazy how this is suddenly looking like the norm in the game development industry.

Tbh, this doesn't surprise me too much. Not sure if it's the male dominance or just the general attitude of the industry really. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt