talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbh, this doesn't surprise me too much. Not sure if it's the male dominance or just the general attitude of the industry really. 

I remember reading an Atari articles some time back where it talked about how openly things worked there and how poor women were treated at the time. This isn't to say Activision or Ubisoft are any better but you're right its been around a long time and I'd even wager that software development as a whole (not so long ago) was just about the same if not worse.

On 26/07/2021 at 13:01, Viva la FCB said:

Anyone checked out Amazon's long awaited New World? I pre ordered it so I have access to the beta for about a week and change here, havent got to it yet but I will soon!

I've never really been into MMOs, but it'll be interesting to see how an Amazon game does.

It's weird seeing companies like Amazon and Netflix try to branch out into gaming... but if it leads to better games (although, I've got serious doubts about Netflix making lots of good games) that's a good thing for gaming generally.

Is it being harsh if I say the animations in the video's of New World look really really shit though? I know it's not a finished game and they'll likely change things... but those animations, to me at least, aren't a promising indicator of how much polish there is on this game.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've never really been into MMOs, but it'll be interesting to see how an Amazon game does.

It's weird seeing companies like Amazon and Netflix try to branch out into gaming... but if it leads to better games (although, I've got serious doubts about Netflix making lots of good games) that's a good thing for gaming generally.

Is it being harsh if I say the animations in the video's of New World look really really shit though? I know it's not a finished game and they'll likely change things... but those animations, to me at least, aren't a promising indicator of how much polish there is on this game.

Im going to try it this weekend but that was kind of my initial impression about the graphics. From what Ive heard theyre are quite good though so idk maybe it was just the videos of beta but Ill reserve judgement until the weekend. As far as mmo's I havent really been into any since I played WOW a bunch of years ago, just dont have time to devote anymore but eh well see. 

8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im going to try it this weekend but that was kind of my initial impression about the graphics. From what Ive heard theyre are quite good though so idk maybe it was just the videos of beta but Ill reserve judgement until the weekend. As far as mmo's I havent really been into any since I played WOW a bunch of years ago, just dont have time to devote anymore but eh well see. 

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Just fyi for people interested in the Steam dock - you can reserve whichever of the 3 versions you want for a 5$ fee - they ship in order accordingly. I dont know if its refundable but if youre interested at all seems like a no brainer :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/activistion-blizzard-faces-second-lawsuit-over-first-la-1847415904

What a fucking shit show. Now that the lawsuit has gone to DFEH its going to get very very messy and once you're done with the article try and read the comment about data storage and record availability from the Federal courts across America. If you're someone at Activision who is sitting on a board right now I'd be worried and start lining up who all you're going to have to let go because once lawyers start digging into those emails it will get very messy. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/activistion-blizzard-faces-second-lawsuit-over-first-la-1847415904

What a fucking shit show. Now that the lawsuit has gone to DFEH its going to get very very messy and once you're done with the article try and read the comment about data storage and record availability from the Federal courts across America. If you're someone at Activision who is sitting on a board right now I'd be worried and start lining up who all you're going to have to let go because once lawyers start digging into those emails it will get very messy. 

In all honesty, as much as I'd love to see Activision getting an absolute hiding, I think it'll just go the way of Ubisoft. 

'Sack' (and I use that loosely) a few of the senior managers and directors, make out that you're a wonderful company but the shitshow still continues. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I bought Battlefield 5 for 6.50 cad the other day. Pretty fun so far, I havent played any since BF3 which I didnt enjoy much. Bad company 2 was the shit though. 

Love BF games. Get practicing just in time for the new game, battlefield 2042 ;) 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sad end of summer for gamer kids in China: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58384457

a bit of an absurd regulation, imo

I read this earlier today and I have no idea what the entire thought process behind it is. Japan has a bigger issue than China when it  comes to this particular behavior and they haven't done anything about. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Might be tempted on this. I've only played Fusion and Zero Mission but really liked both of them. 

I've been waiting for a Castlevania to hit the Switch and this seemed like the best choice considering Prime isnt coming till who knows when. I don't know where you can play it maybe an emulator has it but if you ever get the time I'd try Super Metroid for a good challenge. It's old but its also very good.

Edited by Mel81x

15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I've been waiting for a Castlevania to hit the Switch and this seemed like the best choice considering Prime isnt coming till who knows when. I don't know where you can play it maybe an emulator has it but if you ever get the time I'd try Super Metroid for a good challenge. It's old but its also very good.

I've latched on to my mate's Switch online membership and believe Super Metroid is part of the SNES lot. I've always heard good things about it so may give it a try in due time. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

19 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've latched on to my mate's Switch online membership and believe Super Metroid is part of the SNES lot. I've always heard good things about it so may give it a try in due time. 

That was the first thing I played on their SNES emulator and… I forgot how fucking brilliant that game is. I probably hadn’t played a Metroid in 15 years at least.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was the first thing I played on their SNES emulator and… I forgot how fucking brilliant that game is. I probably hadn’t played a Metroid in 15 years at least.

Its also part of that little SNES mini Nintendo put out a few years back. Really nice box and came with some classics.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/were-just-never-getting-another-titanfall-are-we-1847727356

I've always wanted a TitanFall sequel. Sadly, that may never happen and then the entire studio did a U-Turn and posts a tweet too.

I still don't think they'll do it until one of their other big projects start to dwindle but TF2 is imo a top ten FPS single-player-campaign contender. If you haven't played it yet give it a run, its a rush.