talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/snk-saudi-arabia-mohammed-bin-salman-mbs-king-of-fighte-1848754233

Phew they are about to go full-ham on getting all of SNK. I don't know what that is going to do the studio but if it means axing that horrible King of Fighters game they put out recently then I can stomach this. Oh and since you've got money to burn can we get a new Samurai Showdown please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2022/may/10/electronic-arts-ditches-fifa-ea-sports-fc

Seems like EA wants to do other things. I don't know whether this means they'll have less stats or what will happen to the franchise but its a bold move.

Personally would hope both go down the shitter (EA and FIFA), but that's too much to ask unfortunately. :(

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It is good in fairness, though I've criminally underused mine since I had it 4 years ago. 

I have the new Kirby game but I refuse to touch it until I am done with Elden Ring which has taken longer than I expected.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I have the new Kirby game but I refuse to touch it until I am done with Elden Ring which has taken longer than I expected.

I have Pokémon Arceus and Metroid Dread to have a go on for the Switch, as well as a few in PS4/5.

Also waiting to see when the Advance Wars Reboot will be released after Russia fucked it all up.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/ea-acquisition-apex-legends-star-wars-fifa-nbcuniversal-1848957274

If its true I really wonder who won't jump on this bandwagon of rinse and repeat IPs.

Just sounds like desperation from EA there. Probably looked at the Activision acquisition and saw the dollar signs.

However, it's concerning that the biggest publishers are either being bought or looking to merge though. I know it happens in general with studios but regardless of opinions, Activision and EA are two of the biggest publishers in the world and am not sure if this will start to monopolise the industry a bit or not.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just sounds like desperation from EA there. Probably looked at the Activision acquisition and saw the dollar signs.

However, it's concerning that the biggest publishers are either being bought or looking to merge though. I know it happens in general with studios but regardless of opinions, Activision and EA are two of the biggest publishers in the world and am not sure if this will start to monopolise the industry a bit or not.

Activision I totally get but EA makes no sense to me, they have IPs that are guaranteed money-makers with the exception of FIFA which is now going to be distanced from the actual football body since they said they are not renewing the license.