talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, nudge said:

A sequel to the Fallen Order has been announced!

Saw this. There's lots of talk around why its not coming to older consoles but apparently they want to stick with current tech for this. Not like it matters to PC gamers.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Saw this. There's lots of talk around why its not coming to older consoles but apparently they want to stick with current tech for this. Not like it matters to PC gamers.

I'm looking forward to it. Thought  Fallen Order was a very enjoyable game, so hope to see more of the same in this one!

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Think it's a sign that the player base has picked up enough for PS5 and Xbox Series only.

While I can see why developers still make games for PS4 and Xbox One alongside PS5 and Xbox Series (you can't just discard a high number still on PS4 and Xbox One after all), you're not really able to take full advantage of the current tech if you still have to make the same game work on older tech as well.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I don't think the original needs a remake but they've been doing such a good job lately why not do it.

Probably doesn't, but the flip side is that arguably this remake could be the easiest one to do, seeing as it's the that gave us the camera angle that we generally have now.

Also, I'd be willing to buy this as I've never really played it much. I did a bit of the beginning and that was it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Probably doesn't, but the flip side is that arguably this remake could be the easiest one to do, seeing as it's the that gave us the camera angle that we generally have now.

Also, I'd be willing to buy this as I've never really played it much. I did a bit of the beginning and that was it.

If they finally start using light models to create scarier environments I think this could trump RE2:Remake which is imo the best RE to date and it took so little to jazz it up. 

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

If they finally start using light models to create scarier environments I think this could trump RE2:Remake which is imo the best RE to date and it took so little to jazz it up. 

I really liked the RE2 remake, though the only thing that I feel they messed up on was the story how they link up with each other.

In the original, you basically had different paths for each one and there would be some points where they link (for example, different weapons being taken). In this one however, they seem to be very similar regardless of which one you start with. Both fight the same bosses in the same location and some parts make no sense.

One I remember is when you go down Claire's path as the first one, Mr. X gets a massive hole in him by Billy Birkin, yet on Leon's side, Mr. X is perfectly fine

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/prince-persia-sands-time-remake-ubisoft-delayed-deliste-1849021624

Can't understand why they don't get a team together and start planning/developing the next game in the series. So much progress in gaming hardware across the board and you'd imagine they'd atleast try. Weird Ubisoft just weird. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/prince-persia-sands-time-remake-ubisoft-delayed-deliste-1849021624

Can't understand why they don't get a team together and start planning/developing the next game in the series. So much progress in gaming hardware across the board and you'd imagine they'd atleast try. Weird Ubisoft just weird. 

Probably using this remake to judge its popularity. We haven't had a new one for a good ten years, and I don't think the 2008 release and Forgotten Sands sold that well.

Having said that, they well and truly messed up with this remake. In all honesty, I think this is more or less being done from scratch now by Montreal.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Probably using this remake to judge its popularity. We haven't had a new one for a good ten years, and I don't think the 2008 release and Forgotten Sands sold that well.

Having said that, they well and truly messed up with this remake. In all honesty, I think this is more or less being done from scratch now by Montreal.

The bigger issue was that they even had to go back and do a remake. Yeah its the fad right now but the original should be left alone and they could have spent all that time focusing on a new series with better mechanics. Instead they went down this path and then had to pull it too. I figure someone in marketing said something to the effect of "have you seen the internet traction stating they love PoP XYZ. We should do a remake since it will be easier". 

FWIW UB Montreal has a really good dev-team so theres hope yet.

I always hoped a bigger studio bought the IP out and then called the boys and girls at Mercury Steam to do a remake. Even if it was a side-scroller I'd bet money it would turn into a Platinum game.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Spike said:

84/100 Do you cunts not borrow games from your mates?

I didn't own more than half of these games. And the ones I haven't played I've seen someone play more than likely.

tZSnybg.png

Most of my mates weren't really into gaming other than the big names, so wouldn't have played the likes of kingdom Hearts, Contra, Warcraft, Punch Out etc.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Most of my mates weren't really into gaming other than the big names, so wouldn't have played the likes of kingdom Hearts, Contra, Warcraft, Punch Out etc.

Surprised more folks weren't into Contra. It was quite the game for its time and the co-op imo was better than the single-player.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Surprised more folks weren't into Contra. It was quite the game for its time and the co-op imo was better than the single-player.

Contra was THE game of my childhood. We used to play it on the arcade after school every day non stop xD

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Tbh, it was more gaming in general rather than anything specific (ie. they would have played the more mainstream games like Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, GTA, Assassin's Creed etc but not much out of that area).

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Tekken is really difficult, the combination moves are like understanding a software manual

Tekken is one of the few FGC games that requires a lot of finesse to actually play really well. Some of the long combos on King are a little ridiculous.

• Upvote 1