talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

i am both excited and concerned about Fallout London, Bethesda are about money not fans anymore and the gross neglect in Fallout 4 and 76 has me worried that the content may be shit

i contrast this to gearbox who went from probably a top 3 game of all time in borderlands 2, to a flop in borderlands 3 and they nailed it again with Wonderlands tiny tina's winter wonderland.

it sucks considering how well Bethesda did with oblivion and skyrim.  Fallout has always been neglected except for fall out new Vegas which was designed by another development house but showed what rich and immersive content can achieve

Edited by OrangeKhrush

battlefield is again the story of EA Dice selling out and going pay to win.   Battlefield 4 was great and while BF one and 5 has potential insane hacking and pay to win killed it.  low rank players buying insane guns that were OP instead of earning it was just off putting.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

battlefield is again the story of EA Dice selling out and going pay to win.   Battlefield 4 was great and while BF one and 5 has potential insane hacking and pay to win killed it.  low rank players buying insane guns that were OP instead of earning it was just off putting.

EA?

Selling out?

Say it ain't so. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Battlefield 1942 will always be the best Battlefield. 

The hit reg was very clumsy in that game,  it was only until battlefield Bad Company that Dice finally had Activision beat,  Bad Company 2 was beyond its time,  the first game to use DICE frostbite engine with destroyable terrain and the weapon mechanics were very well simulated.   

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Battlefield 1942 will always be the best Battlefield. 

Bad company 2 was the shit imo. Bf5 is actually really good and Ive been playing alot of it over the last year or so. The one major issue is quite a few hackers. 

7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i am both excited and concerned about Fallout London, Bethesda are about money not fans anymore and the gross neglect in Fallout 4 and 76 has me worried that the content may be shit

i contrast this to gearbox who went from probably a top 3 game of all time in borderlands 2, to a flop in borderlands 3 and they nailed it again with Wonderlands tiny tina's winter wonderland.

it sucks considering how well Bethesda did with oblivion and skyrim.  Fallout has always been neglected except for fall out new Vegas which was designed by another development house but showed what rich and immersive content can achieve

I don't think the next Fallout is going to be in the UK. I don't think they'll do any that aren't in the US - they may do a bit with some China as a sidequest... but the whole theme of the series is focused around 50s Americana in an alternate universe where microtechnology never caught on before the "Great War" and how the relics of that alternate Americana have been interpreted by the survivors of the Wasteland.

And that's been thematic of Fallouts since before Bethesda bought the IP.

In any case, the next Fallout isn't coming out for a while. Todd Howard confirmed today it's the next game coming out for Bethesda... after Elders Scrolls 6 comes out.

And that's next in the pipeline after Starfield. Considering Fallout 4 was basically just Skyrim with guns though... I don't have all that much hope for it being as good as Fallout 3 or New Vegas (although now that Bethesda and Obsidian are both owned by Microsoft, my hope for a New Vegas 2 is still strong)... Bethesda saw commercial success like they'd never achieved with Skyrim, so I think chances are more of their RPGs will be similarly watered down like Skyrim was Oblivion with better graphics but a more of a watered down RPG experience.

I will say the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 though definitely felt more like a traditional fallout... so perhaps they have learned from their mistakes a bit.

• Subscriber

Selaco Joke Cum Mod Replaces Blood Effect Following Complaints (kotaku.com)

How to tell the folks who play your game that you "really" like it. 

Although it will open up a nice little niche for colour-blind folks who have a hard time identifying colors if this actually turns into a base mod for other games.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

I got to play around with my buddies steam deck a couple weeks ago, they ordered first day. It seems pretty great. Even booting up Epic Game store and loading games like GW2 or with steam actually worked pretty seamless. They got the mid range one and I have to say the FPS and overall performance was very impressive. He did say the battery is kinda so so was his only complaint so far. Apparently Q2 emails have all been sent and Q3 which im apart of is starting to send out reservation emails by the end of the month. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone seen this launch by Samsung??? It's called the Samsung Gaming Hub.. No console required! 

Samsung TV in gaming mode

Samsung TVs are getting this cool free upgrade (msn.com)

I suppose it's like a version of Steam for Samsung 

If anyone can do "cloud" gaming right its Microsoft. The rest of them will are light years behind them.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Not a HUGE gamer, but I game... from time to time. 🤔xD

Basically it is not a gaming question. I moved to Germany 6-7 months ago. I am well aware of using torrents dowloading content is strictly forbidden and you can receive a huge fine. I wanted to download a WOW client and play on a private server. I was wondering downloading the client and the game from a non official source (the private server page) could it result in a fine? Obviously it is a pirate server so it is ilegal but it is a client only.

57 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Basically it is not a gaming question. I moved to Germany 6-7 months ago. I am well aware of using torrents dowloading content is strictly forbidden and you can receive a huge fine. I wanted to download a WOW client and play on a private server. I was wondering downloading the client and the game from a non official source (the private server page) could it result in a fine? Obviously it is a pirate server so it is ilegal but it is a client only.

I honestly have no idea. But I'll never torrent anything again after receiving a 4000 € bill for downloading a film years back. Luckily I never had to pay it. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Use a VPN.