talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yeah most people suggested it, but it is dumb to buy it for one dowload

Tbh, I think it's a good idea to use VPN in general if you care about data privacy.

But anyway, there are good, reliable VPNs like Mullvad which costs only 5€ a month and it doesn't auto-renew (so it simply expires and you don't need to cancel). 

• Like 1

Just now, nudge said:

Tbh, I think it's a good idea to use VPN in general if you care about data privacy.

But anyway, there are good, reliable VPNs like Mullvad which costs only 5€ a month and it doesn't auto-renew (so it simply expires and you don't need to cancel). 

Thanks for the suggestion appreaciate it. I don't care about data privacy as only thing is that they can find are my nudes.

• Subscriber
Just now, True Blue said:

Thanks for the suggestion appreaciate it. I don't care about data privacy as only thing is that they can find are my nudes.

Heard this argument a million times before, and it's still wrong :P anyway, not the point and not the place for that kind of discussion...

But if you decide to use a VPN for torrenting, make sure you do it properly. Connect to the VPN before you start the torrent, and make sure you terminate the torrent once it's finished before you disconnect from the VPN again. Don't change VPN servers while the torrent is downloading to avoid an IP leak. If the VPN provider has a kill-switch, use it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Heard this argument a million times before, and it's still wrong :P anyway, not the point and not the place for that kind of discussion...

But if you decide to use a VPN for torrenting, make sure you do it properly. Connect to the VPN before you start the torrent, and make sure you terminate the torrent once it's finished before you disconnect from the VPN again. Don't change VPN servers while the torrent is downloading to avoid an IP leak. If the VPN provider has a kill-switch, use it.

Should i slide into the dm's or what? :D

Yeah i used VPN in Bosnia because of work, and i worked abroad so had to use it to connect to our company servers etc.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Gen Pop: I'm not worried about my data online.

Me:

What's so appealing about the Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF?

Back on topic, that reveal for the Last of Us Remake was very good and this is how remakes should be done. Capcom oddly led the way there with their RE2 remake. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Diablo Immortal Player: Game Broke After Spending $100,000 (kotaku.com)

I hope Blizzard just does their usual BS here and doesn't refund the money and completely imbalances the game as a result. Why would anyone want to pour in 100K to win is beyond me and then complain that they have no one to compete against. It's actually unfair to the folks who are in the events to have to compete with someone that is so skewed from a player build perspective as its not skill anymore its just the size of your wallet.

So I bought some new hardware, motherboard, CPU, RAM. I installed it last night but I consistently get a red light for the CPU. The pins are fine, I’ve reseated it, nothing is out of order but I can’t get the system to boot. Everything starts up with power but no BIOS. Any help? I’m gonna have to work backwards and maybe redo everything 

• Subscriber
On 10/08/2022 at 15:59, Spike said:

So I bought some new hardware, motherboard, CPU, RAM. I installed it last night but I consistently get a red light for the CPU. The pins are fine, I’ve reseated it, nothing is out of order but I can’t get the system to boot. Everything starts up with power but no BIOS. Any help? I’m gonna have to work backwards and maybe redo everything 

When you say red light for the CPU what does that mean? Also, does the CPU have a heatsink with a fan and does that spin up? The only reason I ask is that the power line block that connects to the CPU also powers the CPU fan on some motherboards so its a good way to know the board is getting the power it needs. If it was the RAM you'd get a POST beep of kinds telling you the RAM is not in the right slot but that isnt the case here. 

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

When you say red light for the CPU what does that mean? Also, does the CPU have a heatsink with a fan and does that spin up? The only reason I ask is that the power line block that connects to the CPU also powers the CPU fan on some motherboards so its a good way to know the board is getting the power it needs. If it was the RAM you'd get a POST beep of kinds telling you the RAM is not in the right slot but that isnt the case here. 

It works, thanks though. It was the CPU diagnostic light on the mobo 

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to the basics set in medieval Baghdad. I liked Valhalla but found it to be too long. This one should have parts about how original Assassins were created by Hassan ibn Sabah.

A final mission where Baghdad is being sacked by Mongols and you have to save someone would be epic. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Going back to the basics set in medieval Baghdad. I liked Valhalla but found it to be too long. This one should have parts about how original Assassins were created by Hassan ibn Sabah.

A final mission where Baghdad is being sacked by Mongols and you have to save someone would be epic. 

I never actually finished Valhalla... I think I only made it roughly 30-40% through. Its a shame but youre right it just felt so bloody long and it got pretty monotonous - tbf alot of AC does but this felt worse. First one in a long time I actually threw in the towel (maybe Ac 3?)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Nintendo Direct Showcases Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom (kotaku.com)

@Bluebird Hewitt I'm quite happy with that. Looking forward to Fire Emblem and of course LoZ. The Goldeneye remake does give me some more interest but we will have to wait and see what they do there.

Edited by Mel81x

16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Nintendo Direct Showcases Legend of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom (kotaku.com)

@Bluebird Hewitt I'm quite happy with that. Looking forward to Fire Emblem and of course LoZ. The Goldeneye remake does give me some more interest but we will have to wait and see what they do there.

I haven't seen it myself. On holiday at present and where I am has poor signal and WiFi. 

That sounds good, though haven't played Breath of the Wild yet. :(

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't seen it myself. On holiday at present and where I am has poor signal and WiFi. 

That sounds good, though haven't played Breath of the Wild yet. :(

Probably the best Switch title with Metroid coming in a close second.