talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I cannot wait! They lost me a bit durring Valhalla.

I actually only ever played the first one 😅 Planning to get a proper desktop PC for gaming for Christmas, so will probably have a lot of catching up to do xD 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I actually only ever played the first one 😅 Planning to get a proper desktop PC for gaming for Christmas, so will probably have a lot of catching up to do xD 

Awesome! you've got a metric fuck tonne of hours and enjoyment to get to xD Ive pretty muched played them all? some kind of blend together in my memories but Origin started to get more open worldly and huge... Oddysey was probably the peak for me.

Actually I never played Black Flag which is quite highly regarded by alot of AC fans. I own it just never got around to it and its god damn pirates its right up my alley...

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Awesome! you've got a metric fuck tonne of hours and enjoyment to get to xD Ive pretty muched played them all? some kind of blend together in my memories but Origin started to get more open worldly and huge... Oddysey was probably the peak for me.

Actually I never played Black Flag which is quite highly regarded by alot of AC fans. I own it just never got around to it and its god damn pirates its right up my alley...

I have Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Read Dead Redemption series on the top of my priorities list :D Funnily enough, I bought most of them throughout the years but also haven't even touched most of them, as I either had no machinery to play on, or when I had the machinery, I had absolutely no time xD 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and Read Dead Redemption series on the top of my priorities list :D Funnily enough, I bought most of them throughout the years but also haven't even touched most of them, as I either had no machinery to play on, or when I had the machinery, I had absolutely no time xD 

Same with Mass Effect for me. Honestly with steam sales and Epic Game store as well this is just kind of how it goes. You notice them on sale or free in EGS's case and pick up lots of things you'll never touch. Im jelous though you've got some top games to enjoy :D I actually started playing a second playthrough of Read Dead.. I know you'll love that one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

EVGA Terminates Its Relationship With Nvidia; Won't Launch Next-Gen GPUs (tech4gamers.com)

Putting aside the Adobe acquisition of Figma this week, this is the next big piece of tech/gaming news. When you hear how nVidia really was making its partners dance to its own tune it sort of makes sense for EVGA to jump out of the business completely. What isn't good is that now you have only a few manufacturers who will be doing cards and that ultimately means they could price it much higher if they really wanted to while nVidia just sits there and gets a profit no matter which route the consumer takes. I liked them as a company (EVGA) because they had great cards especially in the 1XXX series and definitely in the 9XX when they did the big jump that bought so many good things to gaming like Tessellation, CUDA, etc. 

If you've got 30 min to spare (P.S. Gamers Nexus really is one of the better tech channels on YT)

Edited by Mel81x

On 16/09/2022 at 08:59, nudge said:

The first Red Dead Redemption is arguably the best campaign of a single player game I've ever played in my life.

The second one is very good and I definitely recommend playing the first one... first... because while the second is a prequel (which is weird lol), they do a lot of referencing back to the first one which I think makes it more enjoyable.

But holy shit that first one is so good.

Ass Creed games range from really good to absolute shite - but that's an absolute fuckload of games to play if you're going to run through that series.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The first Red Dead Redemption is arguably the best campaign of a single player game I've ever played in my life.

The second one is very good and I definitely recommend playing the first one... first... because while the second is a prequel (which is weird lol), they do a lot of referencing back to the first one which I think makes it more enjoyable.

But holy shit that first one is so good.

Ass Creed games range from really good to absolute shite - but that's an absolute fuckload of games to play if you're going to run through that series.

Agree on Red Dead Redemption. Was very good overall, even though the online was a bit crap.

As for Assassin's Creed, what I played was ok but when I played them back to back, I basically got burnt out and wasn't really enjoying them in the end.

My general opinion:

1st - Can see what they were doing but very repetitive. Altair was boring as well.

2nd - Personal favourite of those I played. More side missions with more variation and Ezio was a good lead. Liked the story as well, though thought the final boss was ass.

Brotherhood - Also very good. Really liked ways to build your own Creed, sending them out on missions etc. Plus playing about in Rome was always fun.

Revelations - Meh. Couldn't get into this one. Hated the tower defence game (though ironically made you play the game more as an actual assassin xD) and wasn't arsed with the bomb crafting. Also by this point that it started to feel too samey.

3 - Ambitious but didn't really like it, namely because Connor just came across as a whiney asshole, which put me off.

That's where I finished as I didn't play much of Black Flag and Unity was a buggy mess when released. By the time Syndicate came out, I was already a bit behind and had no real interest in getting up to speed.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Agree on Red Dead Redemption. Was very good overall, even though the online was a bit crap.

As for Assassin's Creed, what I played was ok but when I played them back to back, I basically got burnt out and wasn't really enjoying them in the end.

My general opinion:

1st - Can see what they were doing but very repetitive. Altair was boring as well.

2nd - Personal favourite of those I played. More side missions with more variation and Ezio was a good lead. Liked the story as well, though thought the final boss was ass.

Brotherhood - Also very good. Really liked ways to build your own Creed, sending them out on missions etc. Plus playing about in Rome was always fun.

Revelations - Meh. Couldn't get into this one. Hated the tower defence game (though ironically made you play the game more as an actual assassin xD) and wasn't arsed with the bomb crafting. Also by this point that it started to feel too samey.

3 - Ambitious but didn't really like it, namely because Connor just came across as a whiney asshole, which put me off.

That's where I finished as I didn't play much of Black Flag and Unity was a buggy mess when released. By the time Syndicate came out, I was already a bit behind and had no real interest in getting up to speed.

Of the newer assassins creeds, I think the best ones are the ones like Black Flag & Valhalla where you’re not really an assassin but your character becomes one.

Agree with you on the burnout. I generally like Ubisoft’s open world games (welll…. Assassins Creed & Far Cry), but they are very easy games to burn out on. So much shit to do in those games and the missions do get quite repetitive.

I think running through the whole series all in a row would seem more like a chore than it would be fun, which is a shame because some of those games are quite good. Especially the second one.

• Subscriber

Fresh off seeing the TMNT remake have success, Arc Systems has partnered up with Wayforward again to push a sequel to RCG which is a classic beat-em-up with some tweaks. I played the original years ago and didn't even know they were still doing these and RCG Zero is a total mess so I'd avoid it.

Edited by Mel81x

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Fresh off seeing the TMNT remake have success, Arc Systems has partnered up with Wayforward again to push a sequel to RCG which is a classic beat-em-up with some tweaks. I played the original years ago and didn't even know they were still doing these and RCG Zero is a total mess so I'd avoid it.

Never played it in all honesty. Looks alright mind.

The next remake required methinks is X-Men and developed and/or published by Dotemu, seeing as they were involved with Streets of Rage 4 and the TMNT remake.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never played it in all honesty. Looks alright mind.

The next remake required methinks is X-Men and developed and/or published by Dotemu, seeing as they were involved with Streets of Rage 4 and the TMNT remake.

I'd like an X-Men remake but I don't know what kind of hoops they'd have to run through with whoever owns that licensing now and how complicated hero licensing is in that particular Marvel brand.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

Nintendo's Testers Allegedly Faced Years Of Sexual Harassment (kotaku.com)

Every time you read one of these there's a common theme, America. It's just sad how Aerotek got away with what they were/are doing and that NOA is blinded by the necessity of having them around to not take any action against it. I also love the comment about it always being NOJ not NOA that is the place where wholesomeness started being associated with the brand. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2022 at 12:53, nudge said:

I just watched the gameplay trailer of Starfield, and wow...it looks and feels absolutely incredible. Probably the most ambitious game I've ever seen?

Looks like space Fallout, excellent.

Although another Microsoft publisher did an excellent game that was basically a space fallout... I forget the name of it, but it was great (although very short).

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Looks like space Fallout, excellent.

Although another Microsoft publisher did an excellent game that was basically a space fallout... I forget the name of it, but it was great (although very short).

Should I play Fallout?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Should I play Fallout?

Absolutely, there are some absolute classics in the series. It basically takes place in an alternate history America that's somehow further into the future than we are... but the 50s culture never really went away & microcomputing never took off. The US and China have a war that lasts a few minutes as the world is nuked to hell... and each game starts off with you several hundred years away from that war in the post-nuclear armageddon world that emerged from the aftermath.

Fallout 1 and 2 are very different to the newer Fallouts. It's one of those isometric 3D RPGs, so you've got a top down view of your character. The games are dated, but they are really fun & have good stories & better RPG elements than a lot of RPG games out there. But if you haven't played those old 90s isometric games before... I think it can be a bit of a struggle to enjoy.

Fallout 3 is after Bethesda bought the series & is kind of the modern rebirth of the Fallout games. Idk if you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games... but they've basically made Fallout in a similar way to those games. Fallout 3 is brilliant - but also very dated... the shooting mechanics are clunky as fuck. It makes you appreciate using Fallouts VATS system rather than the traditional way of shooting people in a video game. Fallout New Vegas is even better (and made by the same people that did Fallouts 1 and 2 + that Outer Worlds game I talked about & the Wasteland Series... plus another RPG that is very popular that I can't remember the name of - I'd argue they're the best RPG developers in the US) - it's notoriously buggy though (there's a mod that basically patches it lol) and it's got the same similar clunkiness issues of 3.

But they're excellent games with excellent stories. Fallout New Vegas is absolutely fantastic tbh. And while they are really dated, they've been out for a while and have a huge modding community. So you can sort of modify the game by installing a few mods. In my experience though, too many mods at once can absolutely break the game.

Fallout 4 is a further modernisation... although they sort of shat on the RPG element of the game to make it a bit more accessible to the masses, so some of the choices you have don't have the same kind of consequences or variety that the other games provided. Where it makes up for it though is the gunplay no longer feels like absolute dogshit to anyone that's played any sort of modern shooter at all. It's not so dependent on VATS (although I still used it constantly). Don't worry about what VATS is - they'll explain that to you when you start playing one of them. They added some shit I absolutely do not care for - like the crafting and settlement building.

Fallout 76 is shite though, online only and sort of their take on World of Warcraft.

All in all though, very enjoyable games - I'd highly recommend them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Absolutely, there are some absolute classics in the series. It basically takes place in an alternate history America that's somehow further into the future than we are... but the 50s culture never really went away & microcomputing never took off. The US and China have a war that lasts a few minutes as the world is nuked to hell... and each game starts off with you several hundred years away from that war in the post-nuclear armageddon world that emerged from the aftermath.

Fallout 1 and 2 are very different to the newer Fallouts. It's one of those isometric 3D RPGs, so you've got a top down view of your character. The games are dated, but they are really fun & have good stories & better RPG elements than a lot of RPG games out there. But if you haven't played those old 90s isometric games before... I think it can be a bit of a struggle to enjoy.

Fallout 3 is after Bethesda bought the series & is kind of the modern rebirth of the Fallout games. Idk if you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games... but they've basically made Fallout in a similar way to those games. Fallout 3 is brilliant - but also very dated... the shooting mechanics are clunky as fuck. It makes you appreciate using Fallouts VATS system rather than the traditional way of shooting people in a video game. Fallout New Vegas is even better (and made by the same people that did Fallouts 1 and 2 + that Outer Worlds game I talked about & the Wasteland Series... plus another RPG that is very popular that I can't remember the name of - I'd argue they're the best RPG developers in the US) - it's notoriously buggy though (there's a mod that basically patches it lol) and it's got the same similar clunkiness issues of 3.

But they're excellent games with excellent stories. Fallout New Vegas is absolutely fantastic tbh. And while they are really dated, they've been out for a while and have a huge modding community. So you can sort of modify the game by installing a few mods. In my experience though, too many mods at once can absolutely break the game.

Fallout 4 is a further modernisation... although they sort of shat on the RPG element of the game to make it a bit more accessible to the masses, so some of the choices you have don't have the same kind of consequences or variety that the other games provided. Where it makes up for it though is the gunplay no longer feels like absolute dogshit to anyone that's played any sort of modern shooter at all. It's not so dependent on VATS (although I still used it constantly). Don't worry about what VATS is - they'll explain that to you when you start playing one of them. They added some shit I absolutely do not care for - like the crafting and settlement building.

Fallout 76 is shite though, online only and sort of their take on World of Warcraft.

All in all though, very enjoyable games - I'd highly recommend them.

Wait what. 

• Haha 1