talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Absolutely, there are some absolute classics in the series. It basically takes place in an alternate history America that's somehow further into the future than we are... but the 50s culture never really went away & microcomputing never took off. The US and China have a war that lasts a few minutes as the world is nuked to hell... and each game starts off with you several hundred years away from that war in the post-nuclear armageddon world that emerged from the aftermath.

Fallout 1 and 2 are very different to the newer Fallouts. It's one of those isometric 3D RPGs, so you've got a top down view of your character. The games are dated, but they are really fun & have good stories & better RPG elements than a lot of RPG games out there. But if you haven't played those old 90s isometric games before... I think it can be a bit of a struggle to enjoy.

Fallout 3 is after Bethesda bought the series & is kind of the modern rebirth of the Fallout games. Idk if you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games... but they've basically made Fallout in a similar way to those games. Fallout 3 is brilliant - but also very dated... the shooting mechanics are clunky as fuck. It makes you appreciate using Fallouts VATS system rather than the traditional way of shooting people in a video game. Fallout New Vegas is even better (and made by the same people that did Fallouts 1 and 2 + that Outer Worlds game I talked about & the Wasteland Series... plus another RPG that is very popular that I can't remember the name of - I'd argue they're the best RPG developers in the US) - it's notoriously buggy though (there's a mod that basically patches it lol) and it's got the same similar clunkiness issues of 3.

But they're excellent games with excellent stories. Fallout New Vegas is absolutely fantastic tbh. And while they are really dated, they've been out for a while and have a huge modding community. So you can sort of modify the game by installing a few mods. In my experience though, too many mods at once can absolutely break the game.

Fallout 4 is a further modernisation... although they sort of shat on the RPG element of the game to make it a bit more accessible to the masses, so some of the choices you have don't have the same kind of consequences or variety that the other games provided. Where it makes up for it though is the gunplay no longer feels like absolute dogshit to anyone that's played any sort of modern shooter at all. It's not so dependent on VATS (although I still used it constantly). Don't worry about what VATS is - they'll explain that to you when you start playing one of them. They added some shit I absolutely do not care for - like the crafting and settlement building.

Fallout 76 is shite though, online only and sort of their take on World of Warcraft.

All in all though, very enjoyable games - I'd highly recommend them.

Wow, now that's an impressive reply! :D Fallout 3 is free on Epic Games Store now, so I just went ahead and claimed it...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Wow, now that's an impressive reply! :D Fallout 3 is free on Epic Games Store now, so I just went ahead and claimed it...

Fallout 3's story is great. Without giving too many spoilers, it starts off like the film Taken... but inverse. Your dad is Liam Neeson, you're meant to go find him.

• Wow 1

I've never owned an xbox machine ever.

The first ever console/computer I remember playing on was the Commodore 64 and short after, the Sega Master System and then after that, the Megadrive. I then had a Sega Saturn, but the PlayStation was better, so I ended up with one of those.

Anyway, since the PlayStation 1, I've had 2, 3 and 4. I've always been a Sony Man since their first console.

However, I'm seriously considering the Xbox Series X this time instead of the PS5. What do you think? @Bluebird Hewitt. I won't get it until around March sort of time though.

Microsoft and Nintendo are consoles I had never owned previously, but now I have a Nintendo Switch, maybe it's time for a change in terms of the main console?

Also how fucking brilliant is this?

@Stan and @Lucas will be sat there thinking "I remember going down that Red alley".

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've never owned an xbox machine ever.

The first ever console/computer I remember playing on was the Commodore 64 and short after, the Sega Master System and then after that, the Megadrive. I then had a Sega Saturn, but the PlayStation was better, so I ended up with one of those.

Anyway, since the PlayStation 1, I've had 2, 3 and 4. I've always been a Sony Man since their first console.

However, I'm seriously considering the Xbox Series X this time instead of the PS5. What do you think? @Bluebird Hewitt. I won't get it until around March sort of time though.

Microsoft and Nintendo are consoles I had never owned previously, but now I have a Nintendo Switch, maybe it's time for a change in terms of the main console?

Also how fucking brilliant is this?

@Stan and @Lucas will be sat there thinking "I remember going down that Red alley".

Jesus, it's scary how life like games are getting now.

I wonder if your character can go i to the Banana Bar there, now that would be amazing xD

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It's worth looking into Gamepass on Xbox though. Very good games to choose from for a monthly fee and even brand new releases are added to it day one.

This is Microsoft's golden egg. Gamepass is untouchable by anyone else. Sony has tried but it's quite poor. Having said that the better title base is on the side of Sony vs Microsoft.

And with Sony now pushing titles to PC earlier that just means you don't really need a console to enjoy some of their titles anymore. I will say that my PS5 has gotten quite a lot of good use since I got it. 

Edited by Mel81x

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Lol.

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

The part where they nail him to the cross must be fun. 

While you both wait for this glorious game, you can play Jesus Christ RPG in the meantime. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/449040/Jesus_Christ_RPG_Trilogy/#:~:text=Title%3A Jesus Christ RPG Trilogy,Franchise%3A Jesus Christ RPG

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

While you both wait for this glorious game, you can play Jesus Christ RPG in the meantime. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/449040/Jesus_Christ_RPG_Trilogy/#:~:text=Title%3A Jesus Christ RPG Trilogy,Franchise%3A Jesus Christ RPG

This actually looks hilarious xD