talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
On 05/02/2023 at 13:09, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never played the original. I still have the disc for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, which is a bit awkward as my laptop doesn't have a CD drive (not that it'd work anyway).

Got it all from Steam.

On 07/02/2023 at 05:44, Cicero said:

Read good reviews. Some calling it a masterpiece. 

My wife and I are playing it together. We made a wizard named Hugh Jaynus (because for some reason that's okay, even though it wouldn't let us to Hugh Janus), answered some questions and got put into Ravenclaw and tbh it's pretty fun even though I was never really the biggest Harry Potter fan.

Think I'm done with Yakuza: Like a Dragon now.

Completed the game and done a lot of the side stuff. However, there is one last challenge as the true final 'dungeon' is now available to me as my final challenge. The game pretty much recommends that I'm more or less at max level to stand a chance of beating it.

So I had a crack at around mid to high 70's. My party was basically one shotted. :dam:

• Upvote 2

Playing The Calistico Protocol at the moment, started off a real 9/10 game but a weak story and copy/paste enemies has watered it down a bit. 

It's not as bad as the reviews are making out, but I'd probably give it a 6/10 so far given how disappointing the second half of the game is. 

I'm on the last chapter, and tbh just want to get it done and dusted (whereas at the start of the game I was really hooked). 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 17/02/2023 at 03:05, Whiskey said:

Playing The Calistico Protocol at the moment, started off a real 9/10 game but a weak story and copy/paste enemies has watered it down a bit. 

It's not as bad as the reviews are making out, but I'd probably give it a 6/10 so far given how disappointing the second half of the game is. 

I'm on the last chapter, and tbh just want to get it done and dusted (whereas at the start of the game I was really hooked). 

I feel the same. Such a nice premise and it reminded me of that weird game from years ago with all the Xenomorph stuff (cant remember it off the top of my head) from that Russian dev group. But then it got mechanical as time went on.

Have you ever tried GTFO?

Edited by Mel81x

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I feel the same. Such a nice premise and it reminded me of that weird game from years ago with all the Xenomorph stuff (cant remember it off the top of my head) from that Russian dev group. But then it got mechanical as time went on.

GTFO? Nope? Will do though if it's worth going through :D

Not really sure what to play next now.

With GOTY 2023 Advance Wars Reboot Camp not due until mid to end of April, I'm not too sure what to play next (if I can be arsed to unpack the boxes since moving to my house).

I have a few I haven't touched yet and they are as follows.

God of War (2018)

Last of Us Part 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Lost Judgment

Final Fantasy 7 PS5 version

Turtles Cowabunga Collection

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11

Leaning more towards God of War and Last of Us Part 2 as they're generally shorter games (FF7, Horizon and Lost Judgment will likely eat into my time).

Could be tempted to buy Like a Dragon: Ishin as well (gotta love the Yakuza series).

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber

Been playing Hogwarts Legacy a little bit. The girlfriend has been playing it a lot more than I have and has racked up a lot of hours and is still nowhere near 100%. The sheer size of the map is impressive and there are quests and side missions galore.

3 hours ago, Panflute said:

A video I made about becoming Emperor in Elder Scrolls Online (the biggest PVP achievement). I don't know how well it translates for people who've never played the game, but I figured I'd post it here anyway.

Nice effort, seemed really entertaining, even though the game is not my kind of game at all. 

20 hours ago, Mel81x said:

How many of the Switch owners on here actually game more with it docked than not? 

Me. I just prefer to see game mainly on a TV rather than holding it as a handheld. 

I do play it handheld when not in the house (obviously) and if I want to play something while having something on the TV in the background.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 18/02/2023 at 23:06, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not really sure what to play next now.

With GOTY 2023 Advance Wars Reboot Camp not due until mid to end of April, I'm not too sure what to play next (if I can be arsed to unpack the boxes since moving to my house).

I have a few I haven't touched yet and they are as follows.

God of War (2018)

Last of Us Part 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Lost Judgment

Final Fantasy 7 PS5 version

Turtles Cowabunga Collection

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11

Leaning more towards God of War and Last of Us Part 2 as they're generally shorter games (FF7, Horizon and Lost Judgment will likely eat into my time).

Could be tempted to buy Like a Dragon: Ishin as well (gotta love the Yakuza series).

Do you have or already played the first last of us? Playing that followed by 2 is worth doing.

• Subscriber
On 18/02/2023 at 11:57, Mel81x said:

@Whiskey

Was watching the gameplay on Youtube. Is it me or is it repetitive? Plus the location means there not much change of scenery.

• 1 month later...

Anyone with any gaming knowledge able to advise whether a Steam Deck is worth a purchase?

All the games I play are on Steam now, and most of the time I'm on my laptop is on the train to work. So to have them all on a handheld seems like a dream come true.

Is it worth paying the £350 now or waiting 6+ months to see if the price drops?

53 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Anyone with any gaming knowledge able to advise whether a Steam Deck is worth a purchase?

All the games I play are on Steam now, and most of the time I'm on my laptop is on the train to work. So to have them all on a handheld seems like a dream come true.

Heard good things, but not really looked into it that much really.

@Mel81x and @Rab might be able to advise better.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 09/04/2023 at 10:29, The Palace Fan said:

So I preordered one when they first launched and got it about mid last year. I primarily play at home and do have a decent desktop which im probably upgrading soon to. Would I go back and buy one? probably not but for my needs I dont really need a mobile gaming device. Is it awesome? Absolutely. The most I used it was around Christmas time when I spent a week at my moms. The fact that I could essentially port most of my steam library to a portable device was the selling feature for me. Everyday they are seemingly adding more games that are steamdeck verified. The current sale prices seem good and if its something you'll use I wouldnt wait for another sale Id be surprised if you'll see much more of a discount until a second version inevitably comes out in the future. 

Theres two cautions Ill give you, One; the battery life on any of the triple A games is kind of mediocre - you can tweak settings to get more but for something like God of War, The Witcher 3 or Red Dead ive played all on the deck and the average life is about an hour and a half ish give or take a tad. So the number one accessory to add is a good battery pack. Another small caveat on that one it has to be a 65W charger to charge the deck while playing with it at the same time.

Two; Third party launchers are a pain in the ass to use on the go in offline mode. Theres hoops you have to jump through essentially. For example rockstars loader for Red Dead or Bethesda's for Doom Eternal (theres many more) all require an internet connection. Theres a couple work arounds for this problem. Either you launch the games at home while you have internet and then its safe to sleep it and pick it up later. Or secondly I hotspot my phone briefly and then turn it to offline mode afterwards.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So I preordered one mid last year. I primarily play at home and do have a decent desktop which im probably upgrading soon to. Would I go back and buy one? probably not but for my needs I dont really need a mobile gaming device. Is it awesome? Absolutely. The most I used it was around Christmas time when I spent a week at my moms. The fact that I could essentially port most of my steam library to a portable device was the selling feature for me. Everyday they are seemingly adding more games that are steamdeck verified. The current sale prices seem good and if its something you'll use I wouldnt wait for another sale Id be surprised if you'll see much more of a discount until a second version inevitably comes out in the future. 

Theres two cautions Ill give you, One; the battery life on any of the triple A games is kind of mediocre - you can tweak settings to get more but for something like God of War, The Witcher 3 or Red Dead ive played all on the deck and the average life is about an hour and a half ish give or take a tad. So the number one accessory to add is a good battery pack. Another small caveat on that one it has to be a 65W charger to charge the deck while playing with it at the same time.

Two; Third party launchers are a pain in the ass to use on the go in offline mode. Theres hoops you have to jump through essentially. For example rockstars loader for Red Dead or Bethesda's for Doom Eternal (theres many more) all require an internet connection. Theres a couple work arounds for this problem. Either you launch the games at home while you have internet and then its safe to sleep it and pick it up later. Or secondly I hotspot my phone briefly and then turn it to offline mode afterwards.

Thanks. It makes all the sense in the world for me to get the 254GB version, but I spent 800 odd pound on an Asus Rog Zephyrus laptop in 2020 that's got plenty of juice left in it so it's just about me battling with my pride now.

• Upvote 1