talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• The topic was pinned
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

LA Noire (one of my favourite games of all time) is going to be re-released for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch and VR. I'm in two minds about whether to get this as I don't want to ruin the memories I have by replaying it but the other half of me is absolutely buzzing to be running around Los Angeles as Cole Phelps in full HD. 

Is there anyone else on here that's a Noire fan? 

Me, loved this fucking game. A sequel would be much better than a re-release, but hopefully this does well and subsequently does indeed lead to a sequel.

Edited by Berserker

Anyone else enjoys them?

Used to play Sim City a lot back in the day. I recently bought the 2013 Sim City for a fiver, but my god, it is shite. The maps are way too small. So I'm back in Cities Skylines for now. 

1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

Anyone else enjoys them?

Used to play Sim City a lot back in the day. I recently bought the 2013 Sim City for a fiver, but my god, it is shite. The maps are way too small. So I'm back in Cities Skylines for now. 

You should be banned immediately just for that. Sim City 2013 is a typical example of a game/series being 'EA'd' (ie. turned to utter shite).

As for the genre itself, I like them but haven't really played one in a while. Was tempted to buy the classic Rollercoaster Tycoon games on the Android store but it's on my wishlist for the time being.

Anyone on here play it? I just got it the other day. I am bollocks at it but its got me quite hooked. If anyone else has it, give me a shout to play in duo or squad mode.

Basically for those who don't know, there are 100 players with you on a map and the last one standing wins. Its like The Hunger Games. You start with nothing and have to loot to get your items.

Had 3 bullshit deaths earlier. My internet isn't great and I died those 3 times from lag - it was playable but the second I got into combat the screen froze for 2 seconds and I could do fuck all to fight back. I had one death of those 3 where I was the 20th person left. Frustrating.

• Subscriber

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Nintendo-details-a-massive-lineup-of-games-coming

What I am still unable to understand is two things regarding the releases

• Why is a Metroid game coming to 3DS only when the porting was supposed to be easy to the Switch? Yeah I get that they are getting a brand new Metroid and all but surely even they must have thought this could have been ported.
  • Where is the Konami venture for Castlevania considering they even said early next year?
  • Why hasn't Nintendo tried to partner with THQ Nordic to bring Darksiders 3 to the console? It's almost perfect for the Switch.

All-in-all I am happy.

• Doom/Wolfenstein releases to carry around
  • Super Mario Odyssey 
  • Fire Emblem (about damn time)
  • New Xenoblade

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Shit, I forgot about this. Time to catch up methinks. As for one of the bullet points, I thought THQ went under.

Thought they did too but they have the new Darksiders coming out and they  have another game as well (I forget its name). Plus I found out theres a turn-style Battlechasers game coming out soon. How that slipped under the radar considering the popularity of the comic series is funny but im guessing its not that good.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-01-darksiders-devs-battle-chasers-nightwar-gets-a-release-date

Edited by Mel81x

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/21/16344544/doom-nintendo-switch-gameplay-preview

If I hadn't played it on the PC this would have been a sure purchase for me. I think its a good show from Nintendo considering most people think that their choice in game promotion is mostly non-adult oriented.  For me this also throws a little bit of light on what to expect when Metroid hits the Switch next year. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/300380/Road_Redemption/

Saw it on Steam the other day but didnt put together that it was the classic redone. 

yeah I didn't know it was called Road Redemption but had just seen a few things over the past week that 'Road Rash is back'. Then had to check just now before making the post that I wasn't getting confused with Road Redemption and Red Dead Redemption xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

yeah I didn't know it was called Road Redemption but had just seen a few things over the past week that 'Road Rash is back'. Then had to check just now before making the post that I wasn't getting confused with Road Redemption and Red Dead Redemption xD 

Don't put anything past Rockstar

• 2 weeks later...

I see EA are being EA and have closed down yet another studio, this one being Visceral Games, the studio behind the Dead Space duo (and the EA'd third one).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-17-ea-has-shut-down-visceral-games

They'll also 'pivot' the Star Wars game that was being developed as well. So that's shoe horned multiplayer, microtransactions, season passes and loot boxes.

Fuck off EA.