talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Unbelievable if they didn't think they'd get caught.

Absolutely ridiculous too as they've been known to be pretty aggressive about protecting their own intellectual property.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unbelievable if they didn't think they'd get caught.

Absolutely ridiculous too as they've been known to be pretty aggressive about protecting their own intellectual property.

i think they thought they would find a way to explain it but it seems they haven't. I highly doubt this is the first time they've done it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.e3expo.com/

With E3 almost around the corner, what are the big things you're most looking forward to? I am keen on seeing what M$ is putting up as their next-gen and what it means for XBox One X as well considering how much they poured into that. Rumors are that the new Doom is going to make an appearance with a full version release date as well (very excited). Sony is opting out of this E3 and doing its own thing which then leaves the games that M$/third parties want to showcase. 

Edited by Mel81x

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.e3expo.com/

With E3 almost around the corner, what are the big things you're most looking forward to? I am keen on seeing what M$ is putting up as their next-gen and what it means for XBox One X as well considering how much they poured into that. Rumors are that the new Doom is going to make an appearance with a full version release date as well (very excited). Sony is opting out of this E3 and doing its own thing which then leaves the games that M$/third parties want to showcase. 

Don't really know what's being shown tbh, let alone those that would interest me. 

Nintendo don't attend and do the Nintendo Directs instead (a better option really), EA might as well be an investor call topped off by an excessive mobile wankfest, FIFA wanking and wanking off their biggest game so badly that it puts you off, Ubisoft doesn't really interest me (though did collaborate with Nintendo on one of 2017's biggest surprises, so that would be interesting to see if anything else comes up) and I don't know what Microsoft have planned, but am not usually that bothered. Sony is going the same way as Nintendo as well. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Don't really know what's being shown tbh, let alone those that would interest me. 

Nintendo don't attend and do the Nintendo Directs instead (a better option really), EA might as well be an investor call topped off by an excessive mobile wankfest, FIFA wanking and wanking off their biggest game so badly that it puts you off, Ubisoft doesn't really interest me (though did collaborate with Nintendo on one of 2017's biggest surprises, so that would be interesting to see if anything else comes up) and I don't know what Microsoft have planned, but am not usually that bothered. Sony is going the same way as Nintendo as well. 

TBH all the games I am really interested in seeing this year all belong to Sony anyways so I am curious what they put up. I am interested in seeing if Ubisoft can bring anything to the table too but as for the rest I can't be arsed really other than the new console and the potential Doom game.

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/05/kojimas-death-stranding-gets-november-8-release-date-wackadoo-trailer/

I swear this title keeps getting more and more weirder and strangely interesting too. November isn't that far either.

If it's anything like Metal Gear Solid, it'll be widely loved by the gaming community and then when I play it, I'll think "yeah it's alright, but this story is absolutely incomprehensible." This looks even more bizarre than MGS, so I'm sure I would understand absolutely nothing about the story... but I'm sure the gameplay is fine. Kojima is weird imo, decent games... but I've never understood the MGS hype.

I too am most interested in Doom: Eternal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Well a lot of people are liking Doom Eternal and with good cause as well. I saw the first demo and thought it was more of the same but they've added more mechanics and the game is still as much fun. Cant wait for the release now.

This also caught my attention. Curious to see what they do with this game because it has a good dev team behind it.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber

It's apparently been announced that the next expansion for Forza Horizon 4 is Lego and I'm totally excited for it. A lot of people on social media aren't happy but those are the same that didn't like the Hot Wheels DLC last time out either.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Not bad at all. I am guessing this is going into your purchase list?

Yes; most likely... I'm looking into getting a new computer/laptop before that though...

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I never actually finished DOOM so have it installing now in preparation for the sequel. I found the first a little repetitive, but still such a fun game to blast through.

That was my gripe with it too. The fun part of it is setting it to a slightly higher difficulty and scanning the zones better but the bosses do offer some level of difficulty which can be appreciated. I expect the sequel to be more of the same. The kicker for me with Doom specifically was the music.

On a side note, Metro is so painful to play, slow paced and a bit hard to control really.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Definitely a surprise announcement that one

I like how they are still sticking with it on the current Switch and not peddling a new console for it. I was only really disappointed that two things I wanted to hear about didn't get addressed.

1. The status of the new Metroid
  2. No news about the rumors flying around that Konami were trying to get a new Castlevania specifically for the Switch

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I like how they are still sticking with it on the current Switch and not peddling a new console for it. I was only really disappointed that two things I wanted to hear about didn't get addressed.

1. The status of the new Metroid
  2. No news about the rumors flying around that Konami were trying to get a new Castlevania specifically for the Switch

I've never played Metroid or Castlevania tbh but would love to see more classic Nintendo franchises reignited. Speaking of which, I really enjoyed this one...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The other side news that has come from E3 which is music to my ears is that AMD is pushing the envelope against Intel in the I5 vs Ryzen department. That just means cheaper core hardware to get a better PC gaming experience. My PC has been due for an upgrade for a bit now so maybe in December I'll finally chuck in a Threadripper and give it a much needed boost.