talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.60a744f5be5d0c5e03a37bc8ca145259.png

Fortnite down: Entire map completely destroyed by huge asteroid and replaced with a black hole to mark the end of Season 10

AAIJEaG.img?h=482&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Fortnite has been destroyed by a huge asteroid

and replaced with a black hole.

The in-game event wiped out the entire map and means that its millions of players are now unable to get into the game at all.

Instead, they have been encouraged to watch a mysterious live stream of a black hole.

The asteroid collision marked the end of Season 10. Developers Epic Games tend to mark the close of the game's "seasons" with major events that can be watched within the game.

But it has led to a variety of questions about Season 11. Usually, such updates bring tweaks to the map or other alterations to the game – rather than wiping out the entire world and leaving it impossible to play.

Gallery: How to play Fortnite - a guide for absolute beginners (Games Radar)

SLIDES - 1/22

AAF3YgY.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

It is not clear when or even if the game will return. (It is almost certain that it will, however, since Epic has made billions of dollars through the game.)

In the meantime, players have been encouraged to tune in to a wildly popular live stream which just shows the black hole. At some point, that will presumably reveal what is going to happen in Season 11.

Fortnite deleted everything else from its Twitter account and gave no more information about what had happened to the game.

Fans had expected Season 10 to come to a dramatic close since Epic teased that there would be a major "The End" event over the weekend. It was also marked by a countdown timer which appeared within the game.

AAIKx7O.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Players who were in the world when that timer reached its end saw a huge meteor shower fall on the map and seemingly destroy all of it. Those players then fell out of the world and the screen was replaced with the black hole – which continues to be all that is left of the game.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/fortnite-down-entire-map-completely-destroyed-by-huge-asteroid-and-replaced-with-black-hole-to-mark-end-of-season-10/ar-AAIKoBW?li=BBoPWjQ

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Sounds very encouraging! I was already optimistic after seeing the first footage as I thought it looked fantastic and so it's nice to hear it getting positive reviews already. Can't wait for it to be released...

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Sounds very encouraging! I was already optimistic after seeing the first footage as I thought it looked fantastic and so it's nice to hear it getting positive reviews already. Can't wait for it to be released...

I read a more in-depth review and with all these elements its starting to look very KOTORish with some elements of Dark Souls in it? Sign me up. The only downside is the character looks like a backstreet boy got fashion tips from Justin Beiber but I  can live with the cosmetics if the  gameplay is fun. And ... you get to cut enemies limbs off and dismember them too. Me likes.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I read a more in-depth review and with all these elements its starting to look very KOTORish with some elements of Dark Souls in it? Sign me up. The only downside is the character looks like a backstreet boy got fashion tips from Justin Beiber but I  can live with the cosmetics if the  gameplay is fun. And ... you get to cut enemies limbs off and dismember them too. Me likes.

xD There will most likely be mods for that at some point anyway...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Panflute said:

Getting my PC upgraded as we speak, so I really hope I can soon try out games like AC: Odyssey and RDR2. :ph34r:

Curious what you're upgrading as I did mine a little while ago too but it was mostly the motherboard and CPU.

I'm not a major gamer, but was big back in the day. My buddy informed me that Starcraft is now available online for free, so I have played that for a few rounds and it's massively nostalgic. 

I do play A LOT of chess online though, and have been spending more time on Twitch watching some of my favorite chess players. I don't really understand why, but watching people play chess, talking about it, listening to music, drinking, etc, is something I could watch for HOURS.

• Upvote 1

On 23/10/2019 at 15:21, Mel81x said:

Curious what you're upgrading as I did mine a little while ago too but it was mostly the motherboard and CPU.

I got an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 video card, a new SSD, and Windows 10 (previously had 8.1). It took a while to get everything to work properly as the computer repair guys had geniously forgotten to install a driver, but now that everything's set, things run 10x as smooth as on my previous set-up. I'll replace my motherboard and case somewhere next year and it'll practically be a brand-new computer.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Panflute said:

I got an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 video card, a new SSD, and Windows 10 (previously had 8.1). It took a while to get everything to work properly as the computer repair guys had geniously forgotten to install a driver, but now that everything's set, things run 10x as smooth as on my previous set-up. I'll replace my motherboard and case somewhere next year and it'll practically be a brand-new computer.

I like that its a good setup to game at a good frame rate too. 

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/luigis-mansion-3-is-an-eerie-delight-from-the-lobby-to-1839360620

Luigi is back on the 31st in what is getting some good reviews. 

Never played either of the others (though do have the 2nd on 3DS). Might be tempted though also wanting to get Link's Awakening at some point. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never played either of the others (though do have the 2nd on 3DS). Might be tempted though also wanting to get Link's Awakening at some point. 

That's another title I heard was great but I think i'll hit Luigi's Mansion first.

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Talking about RPGs - found this infographic today. Quite a nice overview.

https://unleashthegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/best-rpgs-infographic-list.jpg

Not bad, though some of them (such as Breath of the Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn) I would class under adventure rather than RPG. 

Also, no Paper Mario (N64) makes me very sad. :(

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Talking about RPGs - found this infographic today. Quite a nice overview.

https://unleashthegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/best-rpgs-infographic-list.jpg

It's weird they listed Divinity 2, but not Divinity: Original Sin (which is a really good game, I never played the sequel though)

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's weird they listed Divinity 2, but not Divinity: Original Sin (which is a really good game, I never played the sequel though)

Don't. It's so complicated and winded until you really get going not like the original which was far better imo.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Sketchy details from Blizzcon but from what was announced they now have a PvE mode and they are going to keep the PvP environments and competitive form as well for the original Overwatch players as well. Shame it won't come out till next year but it was time they put a new one out. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Fortnite has now added Skill Based matchmaking (which I thought is usually the case in the vast majority of online games) and some poxy YouTuber has said he's against this because 'it's puts you against similar skilled players to help you improve and when you do, it puts you up against better players. I'm not a fan, this is the worst addition ever and it's killing the game'. 

Ummmmm............... what? :|

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/11/11/fans-are-divided-over-fortnites-skill-based-matchmaking

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So Fortnite has now added Skill Based matchmaking (which I thought is usually the case in the vast majority of online games) and some poxy YouTuber has said he's against this because 'it's puts you against similar skilled players to help you improve and when you do, it puts you up against better players. I'm not a fan, this is the worst addition ever and it's killing the game'. 

Ummmmm............... what? :|

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/11/11/fans-are-divided-over-fortnites-skill-based-matchmaking

I don't get the gripe. If you're a higher level why would you want to play with the lower echelon of players? I don't understand why anyone is upset here. Most FPS-based games do this anyways. I'm thinking the YouTuber is upset because now he'll actually have to play the game versus taking people for a ride and that's upsetting him. The good news is that Epic will give exactly two-shits about this. 

13 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I don't get the gripe. If you're a higher level why would you want to play with the lower echelon of players? I don't understand why anyone is upset here. Most FPS-based games do this anyways. I'm thinking the YouTuber is upset because now he'll actually have to play the game versus taking people for a ride and that's upsetting him. The good news is that Epic will give exactly two-shits about this. 

Streamers and high level players hate SBMM because they just want to crush n00bs - this is especially the case for streamers. And when you're really good at a game, you get matched against other people that are really good - which leads them to get killed more than they'd like and then there's the constant bitching. Every new COD that comes out too, social media goes insane regarding the SBMM... even though it's been in every COD since the third one.

I never really got into Overwatch, a few of my friends play it... but they got really good before I ever got the game. So for me it was just a really frustrating experience - and I probably won't be playing the sequel.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Streamers and high level players hate SBMM because they just want to crush n00bs - this is especially the case for streamers. And when you're really good at a game, you get matched against other people that are really good - which leads them to get killed more than they'd like and then there's the constant bitching. Every new COD that comes out too, social media goes insane regarding the SBMM... even though it's been in every COD since the third one.

I never really got into Overwatch, a few of my friends play it... but they got really good before I ever got the game. So for me it was just a really frustrating experience - and I probably won't be playing the sequel.

This is part of the reason I stopped watching live streams because its literally someone with a higher level just busting down n00bs for their gameplay and then laughing about it. Now that this is in place I think we're going to start to see them decline more just because they'll be getting more flak on their comment streams as well. I also think this is a good way of weeding out the people who climb the ranks faster just because they are matching against much lower opposition and grinding out their experience points that way too. 

As for Overwatch, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I have in the past two years. The amount of time I have spent playing both the regular season and the PTR (Public Test Region) is actually quite good. The real Blizzard game I am now looking forward to beside OW2 is the new Diablo, had a chance to try the demo out and its very very good.