talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Is this like Age of Mythology? (Probably my all time favorite game)

With AoM I think it was more varied. This is probably closer to something like Warcraft from the looks of things.

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

With AoM I think it was more varied. This is probably closer to something like Warcraft from the looks of things.

I'll wait for Age of Empires IV. The new Settlers set to be released this year looks cool but I've never played the previous games.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wouldn't mind something like that but don't really have a PC for most of them. 

To be fair the city builders I play the most are usually the older ones anway. Nothing beats the old Sierra games for me in the genre, spent countless hours playing the likes of Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. Then also the whole Anno and Tropico series. From the newer ones, I played Banished and Dawn of Man; while enjoyable, I still never feel the urge to get back to playing them. Surviving Mars was the only new-ish one that I really really enjoyed and played repeatedly; you build a space colony instead of a city there but everything else still applies. If I can run it on my ancient laptop, then your PC is surely good enough too :D Would highly recommend it.

Also been waiting  for Ancient Cities for years now, have very high hopes for that one but it will probably end up in disappointment haha.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 17/04/2020 at 17:29, Mel81x said:

Don't know who else on these forums plays a lot of strategy games but I know @nudge does and this is on sale on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/466560/Northgard/

image.thumb.png.66e95226e1b4d066d27119257a1273c3.png

Just got it today. Won't have time to play until tomorrow but I had a quick look (started the campaign and played around for 20 minutes haha) and I like what I'm seeing so far... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@nudge, I was flicking through articles on Eurogamer and came across this on PC.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-20-industries-of-titan-has-the-potential-to-be-one-of-the-great-management-games

Haven't read the article fully so not sure if this is your cup of tea. 

Looks good and something I woud likely enjoy. But my laptop is not going to run it properly I'm afraid...

For those interested, Alien Isolation is available on Steam for £1.50. I admittedly never got round to finishing this but at that price, it's a no brainer. Apparently can have a VR mode if you fancy a heart attack at some point. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-27-the-brilliant-alien-isolation-is-just-gbp1-50-for-alien-day

Also, I think @Danny and possibly @nudge were most interested, but Sega are giving Total War: Shogun 2 away for free.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-26-sega-wants-to-give-you-total-war-shogun-2-for-free-as-a-thankyou-for-staying-at-home

Have a look if interested. 

Also forgot to mention that I think Pac-Man: Championship Edition 2 is available for free across all platforms. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

For those interested, Alien Isolation is available on Steam for £1.50. I admittedly never got round to finishing this but at that price, it's a no brainer. Apparently can have a VR mode if you fancy a heart attack at some point. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-27-the-brilliant-alien-isolation-is-just-gbp1-50-for-alien-day

Also, I think @Danny and possibly @nudge were most interested, but Sega are giving Total War: Shogun 2 away for free.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-26-sega-wants-to-give-you-total-war-shogun-2-for-free-as-a-thankyou-for-staying-at-home

Also forgot to mention that I think Pac-Man: Championship Edition 2 is available for free across all platforms. 

At that price Isolation is a steal. I'd recommend if you've never played it to give it a go as its probably very high on the list of proper survival horror games.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I read this post while in bed and then fell asleep again and forgot all about it... xD 

Cheers for the heads up. Total War has a bit too much war for my liking, but I think that's right up @Bluewolf's alley!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I read this post while in bed and then fell asleep again and forgot all about it... xD 

Cheers for the heads up. Total War has a bit too much war for my liking, but I think that's right up @Bluewolf's alley!

Indeed.. :D

Finally get my General ranked up to 9,000 battle experience with one of the best Legions in history..... then dies of old age the following Winter :(

See the source image

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Streets of Rage 4 out tomorrow and reviews appear to be positive about it. Was fearing the worst as I adore Streets of Rage 2 but it appears that its hit the mark and then some. 

Read the same and they apparently reward you with every playthrough after the first run with the vintage character models and the 5th hidden character too.

13 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Read the same and they apparently reward you with every playthrough after the first run with the vintage character models and the 5th hidden character too.

I wouldn't mind SOR2 Axel myself, seeing as he was my go to character in that game. 

My mate has the game via Gamepass (hint hint @Dr. Gonzo) and really likes it. Shame there's no cross play though. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I wouldn't mind SOR2 Axel myself, seeing as he was my go to character in that game. 

My mate has the game via Gamepass (hint hint @Dr. Gonzo) and really likes it. Shame there's no cross play though. 

Its actually quite good. Played a few minutes this morning and I'll do a run later tonight.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Awwww. I'll have no one to play online with. :(

What are you playing it on? PS4?

Gotta say I was very tempted to pick it up for my Switch because it would remind me of the Game Gear days.

Edited by Mel81x

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What are you playing it on? PS4?

Gotta say I was very tempted to pick it up for my Switch because it would remind me of the Game Gear days.

PS4 or Switch. 

The usual argument of portability or performance mainly. 

Forgot to mention earlier that there's a slight price reduction until Sunday on both PS4 and Switch as well. Nothing huge but it's nice regardless. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

PS4 or Switch. 

The usual argument of portability or performance mainly. 

Forgot to mention earlier that there's a slight price reduction until Sunday on both PS4 and Switch as well. Nothing huge but it's nice regardless. 

Think its 10% they did the same thing for the PC version which is why i picked it up in the first place. I am thinking I'll get it for the Switch instead of the PS4 as I havent really bought anything there in a while.

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think its 10% they did the same thing for the PC version which is why i picked it up in the first place. I am thinking I'll get it for the Switch instead of the PS4 as I havent really bought anything there in a while.

I'm still not sure. I'm leaning more towards the Switch because of the portability and that I can get it cheaper with the saved points I have. 

At the same time, I know I can't utilise the local multiplayer full on Switch as I only have the console joycons (not that it currently matters with the lockdown), whereas I can get multiplayer easier on PS4.