talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

I'm also considering in getting a Nintendo Switch. I think the PS4 is great for multiplayer but in terms of genres it's become really stale. Too many shooters (and average ones at that) compared to Nintendo's variety. I just wish Nintendo made more original games rather than the same rehashed game series each time.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm also considering in getting a Nintendo Switch. I think the PS4 is great for multiplayer but in terms of genres it's become really stale. Too many shooters (and average ones at that) compared to Nintendo's variety. I just wish Nintendo made more original games rather than the same rehashed game series each time.

Ultimately what Nintendo needs is more third party developers to come to the party. But most are too lazy a need just want to churn out their games as easy as possible without much customization for the system specs. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Ultimately what Nintendo needs is more third party developers to come to the party. But most are too lazy a need just want to churn out their games as easy as possible without much customization for the system specs. 

Tbf, they have managed to get more support so far than they did for the Wii U (which admittedly isn't hard). The fact that Doom, Wolfenstein 2 and the Dark Souls remaster is on Switch (all adult games) shows that there must be a market there.

If anything, bearing in mind the Switch's portability, I'd argue that third party indies are more important this time round for Nintendo than the 'triple A' third parties.

17 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Tbf, they have managed to get more support so far than they did for the Wii U (which admittedly isn't hard). The fact that Doom, Wolfenstein 2 and the Dark Souls remaster is on Switch (all adult games) shows that there must be a market there.

If anything, bearing in mind the Switch's portability, I'd argue that third party indies are more important this time round for Nintendo than the 'triple A' third parties.

I agree. Nintendo doesnt really play as a rival to the other major consoles. They’ve found a niche. But I do miss the days where they had a dedicated 3rd party developer like Rare in their corner churning out the likes of Golden Eye 007, Banjo Kazoiee, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, etc. Mainly because it upped the volume of releases on the system and meant less dry spells between interesting games. Right now there’s been nothing Ive been super excited about since their initial launch titles, and Super Smash seems like the biggest one to come along (If I get that I’ll be late to the party). It would be great if there was 2-3 super smash level excitement releases a year.

I’m not craving more FIFA type games, or being able to play the low spec version of some major title. I like the style of games Nintendo make. I just want more of them.

• Subscriber

I am looking forward to Metroid this year as well as someone announcing a proper Castelvania (side scrolling platformer not the new style they've adopted), a kick ass F-Zero and a real Final Fantasy specifically for the Switch. I wouldn't be too upset if KOEI Tecmo / Team Ninja went out and did a Gaiden for the Switch either, what a game that is by itself.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

For anyone interested, there's a demo of the Resident Evil 2 remake due to launch on Friday, but with one twist.

You have 30 minutes in total. Once the time's up, that's it. No more goes. Wait until the 25th January launch.

I saw that and thought to myself "why would I even want to torture myself I'll just wait for the whole game". Then I remembered its the internet and if people can hack governments for data I am sure there's some good samaritan just waiting to break that timer. 

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Has anyone been checking out Anthem? Im debating on pre ordering it, theres a deal going for 60$ CAD, the gameplay looks phenomenal. 

Tbh, I've thought the complete opposite.

When EA tried to show it off at E3 last year, it actually turned me off more than anything. Plus with it being published by EA, you know there'll be something like microtransactions or loot boxes.

The only one I've started to show more interest in (mainly because of the positivity around first impressions and the demo, but also because the release date was much closer than I thought) is the RE2 remake.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Has anyone been checking out Anthem? Im debating on pre ordering it, theres a deal going for 60$ CAD, the gameplay looks phenomenal. 

Can't say its peaked my interest for the same reasons stated by Bluebird. It's an EA game and with their recent press release of killing their true openworld Star Wars game I'd just avoid anything EA makes like the plague for a while. 

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The only one I've started to show more interest in (mainly because of the positivity around first impressions and the demo, but also because the release date was much closer than I thought) is the RE2 remake.

Have you tried the demo its actually quite good.

12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Can't say its peaked my interest for the same reasons stated by Bluebird. It's an EA game and with their recent press release of killing their true openworld Star Wars game I'd just avoid anything EA makes like the plague for a while. 

Have you tried the demo its actually quite good.

As it's out next week, I'd rather go in blind.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fancy a smiley face reticle that was in previous games?

That's £1.79 please

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-22-activision-is-selling-a-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-smiley-face-reticle-for-1-79

Greedy cuntstains.

I figured they'd make people grind for things like this to make them elusive but then again its more profitable to have people pay for it I guess. Strange but I have never paid for anything like this ever and I'd garner they are making loads of it to warrant that price which is so obscure.

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/01/apple-is-rumored-to-be-working-on-a-games-subscription-service/

Interesting that they've decided to get into this pretty late considering that Steam is already on there and I am sure Valve has plans to port a lot of stuff over. Still, if they use the platform (OSX vs iOS) agnostic approach this might work to their benefit for all the mobile gamers out there who want a subscription service and don't have to pay for single games and instead get a subscription model. 

football forum
19 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, I need to send my console back to Microsoft as the new update has bricked my console. Spent half an hour on the phone trying all sorts but the new update is corrupted and has totally fucked up the Xbox. It's out of warranty but they have agreed to fix or replace it free of charge. 

Pathetic really, but at least they are fixing it for free. Had a look how much it would cost for repair normally and it's £188 which I'm not going to pay considering it's not my fault. 

Funnily enough I've been playing my Switch non-stop, absolutely love it but fancied a game of Far Cry yesterday and realised the Xbox was fucked.