talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

16 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks quality... I think the last flying game I played was StarFox on the SNES... come a long way since then.. xD

See the source image

Mate you never played Star Fox 64?!

It was basically that game on crack. One of the best games of my childhood for sure.

On a different note, it appears that a new Crash game is in the works for Xbox One and PS4 at least, ironically called It's About Time (seeing as we haven't had a new one for a few years, excluding the remakes). Will apparently be official on 22nd June. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-19-crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time-leaked-by-taiwan-ratings-board

Interestingly, they're saying that the game will be based around 1998 and is actually a numbered title (Crash Bandicoot 4). Wonder what that means in regards to a story. 

I also may be looking too much into that seeing as it's not exactly a story driven game. About as worthwhile looking into as any Mario platformer.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I like it too. I just have questions how the handling works and whether you can die from environmental damage too. On the whole it looks like a lot of fun and I think I will get it when it comes out.

This article goes into some detail regarding handling and systems management, thought it's a decent read: https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2020/6/18/21295900/star-wars-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-know

On a side note, I think it would be fantastic to play it in VR...

Wasn't sure whether to put this as a separate topic but will mention it here instead. 

Not sure if many have heard but there's been a few articles and tweets surrounding the games industry in regards to sexual misconduct (of which @Mel81x provided a link for the streamers side of it)

There are a few stories out there around this, but thought this video might sum up some of the shit fest that has been happening. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2020 at 12:03, Mel81x said:

Extra to add onto this as well. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-21-fresh-report-into-ubisoft-culture-highlights-reluctance-to-let-you-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed

Fair play, if Ubisoft want to take the title of 'Cuntiest Video Games Company' from the likes of EA and Activision, they're going the right way about it. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Extra to add onto this as well. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-21-fresh-report-into-ubisoft-culture-highlights-reluctance-to-let-you-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed

Fair play, if Ubisoft want to take the title of 'Cuntiest Video Games Company' from the likes of EA and Activision, they're going the right way about it. 

Ubisoft are the modern day Atari filled with BS and behaving like children. On a side note, I don't have an issue with a dev-shop giving the players gender choices as so many RPGs/MMORPGs do these days but to say that a character wasn't going to sell simply because of their gender is a bit silly. Backed up with data is a different story and maybe that's what happened here away from the macho culture they are currently under but I doubt it had anything to do with data.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

She makes a good point in her rant even if she did stray for a bit. GamePass will change the way games sell in the longer run even if the system itself is a bit broken as I am sure @Dr. Gonzo can attest to.

Idk if she needed 10 minutes to say all that xD

It’s definitely changed how I buy games (although tbh I’m like much less inclined to buy games now unless it’s something like Doom - where I know it’ll probably be on gamepass later but I just can’t help myself). Now I’ll only really pay money for a game if it’s something I like on Gamepass and I see that it’s leaving the service.

22 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Microsoft just had their games demo and honestly the only game in there that looked like something I'd be remotely interested in was the new Fable.

I’m gonna play the shit out of Halo & the game that looks like Mario but on LSD with Jack Black. Also the DLC for Outer World’s is intriguing.

I think there’s also another Obsidian RPG they barely showed us anything of. But they make really good RPGs.

What surprised me most tbh was that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 looks like it’s a console exclusive. But Outer World’s isn’t... even though MS bought Obsidian out recently.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m gonna play the shit out of Halo & the game that looks like Mario but on LSD with Jack Black. Also the DLC for Outer World’s is intriguing.

I think there’s also another Obsidian RPG they barely showed us anything of. But they make really good RPGs.

What surprised me most tbh was that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 looks like it’s a console exclusive. But Outer World’s isn’t... even though MS bought Obsidian out recently.

I think Obsidian wants to get more for its money so it may come to other consoles too but I think its Xbox and PC on release. Stalker 2 is a bit confusing to me as I haven't really played the first one but it looked rather good. The other game I liked presentation-wise was The Medium.

Edited by Mel81x

56 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think Obsidian wants to get more for its money so it may come to other consoles too but I think its Xbox and PC on release. Stalker 2 is a bit confusing to me as I haven't really played the first one but it looked rather good. The other game I liked presentation-wise was The Medium.

It's interesting to me that Microsoft bought Obsidian, but they're completely fine allowing it (and other games made by some developers that were bought out by Microsoft Studios) making games like Outer Worlds (which is, imo, a fantastic game btw - highly recommend to anyone that was a fan of Fallout New Vegas) that are available on PS4 and the Switch. I've never played an Obsidian game I didn't enjoy, so I'm excited to see what they've got coming out. Although that game where you're ant-sized looks like it might be totally shite, but if it's like Sea of Thieves... I'll probably have a surprising amount of fun on it with my friends.

Maybe it's because Microsoft originated as a software company, so they see the value in allowing as many devices as possible to be able to play as many games as possible. It's more money for Microsoft Studios (and therefore Microsoft generally) in the long run. Cuphead also made it onto the Switch (which I'd hoped would mean Game Pass would be coming to the Switch soon... because that would be absolutely brilliant for me - I'd have so many more games on my Switch in an instant).

The first Stalker sort of a cult classic game and I'd not heard anything about a second game at all. The Metro series is, I believe, the spiritual successor to the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. I've never actually played it, I've only heard about it. I might watch someone play it on YouTube (or a synposis) before I give the sequel a try. But it's cool to see a sequel to a game that is really highly regarded and very popular with people who played it.

In other news (and keep in mind, I never played Fallout 76 before the Wastelanders update that came out recently)... I'm very pleasantly surprised with Fallout 76. It was panned at launch for not feeling very much like a Fallout game... but so far (and I've only done a few quests, I'm only level 6) - it feels like a genuine Fallout game that for the first time I can play with my friends (which you can do as soon as you're at level 5). And with the promise of new content in the coming months, including 2 new questlines... it seems a far cry from the many reviews that said "there's not enough fallout content." I've heard the game feels a bit stale after you finish the main Wastelanders questline and you only have the original quests/daily quests (which I don't have yet lol) to do.

The only thing that annoys me about the game, so far, is the C.A.M.P. system and the whole "base building" (which was by far the part of Fallout 4 I hated the most).

I hope Bethesda learned a fucking lesson about releasing a complete game the next time they're going to bring out a big name Franchise. Because if all of this content was in FO76 in the first place, and they'd had a roadmap of what they were doing to the game in the coming months like they do now, I'd probably have bought this game in the first place... not waited to try it out after it's been "fixed" after two years because it was on Gamepass. Just like I hope the Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC questlines & the main FO76 questline are evidence they've learned from the issues of the main story quest for Fallout/Skyrim.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cunty Company 1 (Epic Games) are suing Cunty Company 2 (Apple) and Cunty Company 3 (Google) due to Epic violating both storefronts to get more money by bypassing both storefronts and offering V-bucks for less money. Both apparently take a decent cut in purchases as well (Apple take 30%, for example). 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-13-fortnite-adds-cheaper-mobile-payment-option-to-circumvent-apple-google-fees

More at 11.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cunty Company 1 (Epic Games) are suing Cunty Company 2 (Apple) and Cunty Company 3 (Google) due to Epic violating both storefronts to get more money by bypassing both storefronts and offering V-bucks for less money. Both apparently take a decent cut in purchases as well (Apple take 30%, for example). 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-13-fortnite-adds-cheaper-mobile-payment-option-to-circumvent-apple-google-fees

More at 11.

Read this earlier today and I am now struggling to see how Epic gets any traction with the Apple block if they choose to stay away from the AppStore. Apple can just stop their app installations by locking them out of the eco-system stating that they won't allow non-authorized apps to be installed. I thought they weren't after Google? Considering the PlayStore never had any issues with this in the first place.