talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wolves are starting a Rocket League team :o

https://esportsinsider.com/2020/11/premier-league-club-wolves-announces-entry-into-rocket-league/

I'd love to be a pro RL player. Too bad I'm nowhere near good enough xD

Now I am waiting for a PL team to sponsor a team at a DOTA2 tournament (The International) and hit the AEGIS at WC. That's a 34mil approx cash prize and can help funding haha. 

image.thumb.png.faee596daf5e2b751fcfd01696bcf61b.png

Edited by Mel81x
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 05/11/2020 at 18:07, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wolves are starting a Rocket League team :o

https://esportsinsider.com/2020/11/premier-league-club-wolves-announces-entry-into-rocket-league/

I'd love to be a pro RL player. Too bad I'm nowhere near good enough xD

It’s a fun game to play, had some real laughs with friends. But it frustrates the **** out of me how bad I am xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/capcom-says-350k-peoples-info-potentially-leaked-in-ransomware-attack/

In a world where GDPR ran riot at one point and now all the talk about PII and data concurrency you really have to wonder what business a game company has with your PII. They make you pay for the game, you pay for the service so that's their revenue stream. But, this is also a time when hacking for data is at an all-time high and I doubt this is the last we'll hear of this and I am also sure other companies are being targeted as this continues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/30-hours-with-cyberpunk-2077-brings-mixed-feelings-1845824151

"While Cyberpunk draws on diversity, it doesn’t really do anything with that, in ways that are disappointing if you hoped for more, or anger-inducing if you’re sick of watching people who don’t share your identity use it as a trope or gimmick. "

For all the hype its almost living up to it. I'll give it a run sometime in 2021.

On 08/12/2020 at 00:55, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/30-hours-with-cyberpunk-2077-brings-mixed-feelings-1845824151

"While Cyberpunk draws on diversity, it doesn’t really do anything with that, in ways that are disappointing if you hoped for more, or anger-inducing if you’re sick of watching people who don’t share your identity use it as a trope or gimmick. "

For all the hype its almost living up to it. I'll give it a run sometime in 2021.

That seems like a pretty weird bone to pick with the game though - the diversity of the "cast" & I suppose what they were expecting to get out of the diversity of the cast.

I remember not too long ago, there were a lot of complaints about a lack of diversity in games. And people said things like "we just want representation in gaming!" And, imo, that's fair - even though in some historical war games (I think the last 2 Battlefield games), some people complained about how this "wasn't historically accurate."

Now we're seeing more games with more varied types of people in the world's created... and now it seems as though the reviewer had particular expectations with how his identity was expected to be portrayed in game. And I think that's a bit weird... I'm half Middle Eastern, 5/8 times I see a depiction of the Middle East in a video game I don't get all furious that they just make everyone from that part of the world look like a terrorist. We don't see these kinds of shite with games like GTA... where a lot of identities have been portrayed as trope-y as they possible can.

I'm just not so sure this identity politics critique is really the most important viewpoint in terms of how good of a game it is.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nudge said:

A new announcement from the Lucasfilm Games:

New Indiana Jones game and a new open-world Star Wars adventure... I'm getting excited...

Ubisoft open worlds are usually pretty fucking ace - although they are pretty formulaic so if you play too many of them... they all seem very samey. But this could be really really nice if it goes well.

I am very excited about Bethesda's Machine Games studio making an Indiana Jones game! Of the 3 games I've played from Machine Games... 2 of them were very, very, very good (the first of the 2 Wolfenstein reboots) - one was shiiiiiiiiiiiite (the other Wolfenstein game they made). Decent track record - hopefully they make it 3/4 good games!

• Upvote 1

Apparently this Void Bastards game is a genre called "roguelike" and I don't even know what the fuck that means - but I absolutely love this game... so maybe I need to learn more about this genre and find other games like it.

But holy shit, I love Void Bastards I think everyone should try it

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ubisoft open worlds are usually pretty fucking ace - although they are pretty formulaic so if you play too many of them... they all seem very samey. But this could be really really nice if it goes well.

I am very excited about Bethesda's Machine Games studio making an Indiana Jones game! Of the 3 games I've played from Machine Games... 2 of them were very, very, very good (the first of the 2 Wolfenstein reboots) - one was shiiiiiiiiiiiite (the other Wolfenstein game they made). Decent track record - hopefully they make it 3/4 good games!

I just hope it will be primarily a single-player adventure, not some sort of MMO... There's already Star Wars: The Old Republic for that, and while enjoyable, I am personally not into online multiplayer much. Whereas a well thought out, single player open world game with a huge map would be so fucking cool... Imagine something like GTA and RDR but set in a Star Wars universe :D Do we reckon it will be a Mandalorian/bounty hunters game? Or High Republic? Or something completely different?

Also good news is that EA lost its exclusivity rights to Star Wars games.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I just hope it will be primarily a single-player adventure, not some sort of MMO... There's already Star Wars: The Old Republic for that, and while enjoyable, I am personally not into online multiplayer much. Whereas a well thought out, single player open world game with a huge map would be so fucking cool... Imagine something like GTA and RDR but set in a Star Wars universe :D Do we reckon it will be a Mandalorian/bounty hunters game? Or High Republic? Or something completely different?

Also good news is that EA lost its exclusivity rights to Star Wars games.

I think it'll a Mando game in the vein of Assassins Creed/Far Cry (I think those games have multiplayer components... but I never play those parts - I just play the singleplayer on those ones). I haven't played an Assassins Creed since the one where it was in Paris (the Pirate one is the best one IMO, by a long distance) - but I think the Far Cry games are pretty fucking ace. I imagine they'd make a Mando game 3rd person though so they have you looking at as much Disney Star Wars IP as possible at all times xD

Yeah, game exclusivity rights are that great... and I don't think EA really did all that great with the Star Wars world tbh. The Star Wars Battlefront reboot was shit and basically just a demo for Battlefront 2, which was less shit (campaign was actually decent, even if the gameplay is pants)... and Battlefront 2 is a good casual multiplayer game if you're into that sort of thing - it's just not really my type of multiplayer game anymore though.

The best they did was Jedi Fallen Order, which was brilliant - and I hope that Respawn get to continue making Star Wars games as a result. Because I think Respawn are one of the better developers out there, even though they're owned by EA, and they should get to keep making games while they're still good.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Treat myself to this new curved gaming monitor. 

I always play on my TV that’s big, but after seeing my friends gaming monitors in the past and how good the graphics are. Thought I’d get my own. Convenient and good to have as an alternative. 

5377D614-C5E1-4D90-93D6-C234904ABD72.thumb.jpeg.c39ef3f7e46476a0f52b6b0370e6da21.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

MSI makes really nice stuff, cant go wrong there. I actually just upgraded this year to a 144hz monitor and dear god Ive been living in the dark ages before that. Curved is kinda whatever I didnt notice a much of a difference going from flat. 

Once you go beyond 60 its really hard to come back down because it jitters for me haha. I run a 240 and it took me a while to get used to it.

• Upvote 1