talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Once you go beyond 60 its really hard to come back down because it jitters for me haha. I run a 240 and it took me a while to get used to it.

I could totally see that. Reversing the adjustment would feel super super weird.

Its hard to explain best I can for anyone that doesnt run a 144+ is everything runs cleaner and feels so much smoother. You kind of have to experience it to understand.

• Upvote 1

On 03/02/2021 at 04:22, Bluebird Hewitt said:

EA to start ripping Codemasters apart before spitting out the corpse within a few years, as they've done before. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-03-ea-to-release-new-racing-game-every-year-after-codemasters-acquisition

Tbf haven’t Codemasters been making a racing game each year with the F1 games?

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf haven’t Codemasters been making a racing game each year with the F1 games?

They have, but knowing EA they'll want to add microtransactions or lock certain racers for more money (despite being in the games regardless). 

Also, I'm not fully sure but I think it's only the F1 games on a yearly basis. My concern is if they start to request yearly games of everything else with EA's bastardisation process in place as well. 

On 10/02/2021 at 01:15, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They have, but knowing EA they'll want to add microtransactions or lock certain racers for more money (despite being in the games regardless). 

Also, I'm not fully sure but I think it's only the F1 games on a yearly basis. My concern is if they start to request yearly games of everything else with EA's bastardisation process in place as well. 

Tbf I can only see EA ruining the F1 games now (and other good games Codemasters made) - those games were pretty polished little games, I really loved the career modes on them. I just don't see how piecing the game out for microtransactions will go well.

I was going to say, I hope they retain a bit of their soul like Respawn managed to do under EA. But given how the reboot of Medal of Honour went... and it was Respawn's first stinker (although sometimes I think games that get poor-average reviews aren't as bad, and I've never played it); but they managed to make good games that were fairly pro-consumer and anti-DLC/microtransactions... but kept EA happy by making Apex which makes shitloads on microtransactions (and was a fun game while I played it and I never spent a time - I burned out on battle royales so I'll probably never play it again, but it was my favourite out of those types of games). I hope that's not the case and Respawn's next big game is a big success... but looking at the critical reception of that game compared to the ones I had played is a pretty stark contrast.

It's just a shame what EA does to studios... because when EA gets a game right, they usually get it very right. And in an ideal world, Codemasters getting to work with EA's beautiful Frostbite engine should be a LOVELY thing for gamers - but they've just got such a fucked up track record with the studios they buy.

Even shit that does well under EA at first suddenly starts to sink, it seems.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I can only see EA ruining the F1 games now (and other good games Codemasters made) - those games were pretty polished little games, I really loved the career modes on them. I just don't see how piecing the game out for microtransactions will go well.

I was going to say, I hope they retain a bit of their soul like Respawn managed to do under EA. But given how the reboot of Medal of Honour went... and it was Respawn's first stinker (although sometimes I think games that get poor-average reviews aren't as bad, and I've never played it); but they managed to make good games that were fairly pro-consumer and anti-DLC/microtransactions... but kept EA happy by making Apex which makes shitloads on microtransactions (and was a fun game while I played it and I never spent a time - I burned out on battle royales so I'll probably never play it again, but it was my favourite out of those types of games). I hope that's not the case and Respawn's next big game is a big success... but looking at the critical reception of that game compared to the ones I had played is a pretty stark contrast.

It's just a shame what EA does to studios... because when EA gets a game right, they usually get it very right. And in an ideal world, Codemasters getting to work with EA's beautiful Frostbite engine should be a LOVELY thing for gamers - but they've just got such a fucked up track record with the studios they buy.

Even shit that does well under EA at first suddenly starts to sink, it seems.

In all honesty, you can probably tell that I just generally don't like EA, primarily the way they bastardise certain games or series (Command and Conquer, Dead Space, Timesplitters, Sim City and Burnout being some of them) then piss on those studios by closing them afterwards or picking the corpse. 

It's why acquisition s like this make you fear for the studio being bought really. Unfortunately, it's just a case of wait and see now I guess. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

In all honesty, you can probably tell that I just generally don't like EA, primarily the way they bastardise certain games or series (Command and Conquer, Dead Space, Timesplitters, Sim City and Burnout being some of them) then piss on those studios by closing them afterwards or picking the corpse. 

It's why acquisition s like this make you fear for the studio being bought really. Unfortunately, it's just a case of wait and see now I guess. 

I'm with you on EA... but I've still played some good EA games in recent years.

But quite frankly those games are sort of more the exception than the rule.

• Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/stadia-leadership-praised-development-studios-for-great-1846281384

The best comment here

"Look at Phil Harrison’s history:

-Worked at Sony for the horrible PS3 launch

-Worked at Microsoft for the horrible Xbox One launch

-Now working at Google for the horrible Stadia launch

Seriously, why are people still hiring him for jobs like this?"

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/stadia-leadership-praised-development-studios-for-great-1846281384

The best comment here

"Look at Phil Harrison’s history:

-Worked at Sony for the horrible PS3 launch

-Worked at Microsoft for the horrible Xbox One launch

-Now working at Google for the horrible Stadia launch

Seriously, why are people still hiring him for jobs like this?"

All he's missing is Nintendo now. xD

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

https://kotaku.com/everything-nintendo-showed-during-todays-direct-1846292333

@Bluebird Hewitt one of the things I liked about the show was the fact that there is a Ninja Gaiden trilogy release on the Switch this summer. The rest was a bit meh. 

Yeah, just had a look and there wasn't a lot going other than Skyward Sword being remade and Splatoon 3 in 2022. The Smash fighter was a bit meh really. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

A quick question for @nudge and I think @Dr. Gonzo and @Mel81x as well.

How long did it take you to finish Star Wars Jedi:Fallen Order in general? 

3 days give or take but I did it over a weekend and spent more time than I would have had its been a weekday. I also happened to have nothing else to do at the time haha.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

A quick question for @nudge and I think @Dr. Gonzo and @Mel81x as well.

How long did it take you to finish Star Wars Jedi:Fallen Order in general? 

About 15 hours, mixing story mode + Jedi knight difficulty levels a bit. I didn't do 100% of all collectibles though, just went through the main story.

28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

3 days give or take but I did it over a weekend and spent more time than I would have had its been a weekday. I also happened to have nothing else to do at the time haha.

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

About 15 hours, mixing story mode + Jedi knight difficulty levels a bit. I didn't do 100% of all collectibles though, just went through the main story.

Cheers for the responses. 

I only ask as I saw that EA Play is available on the PS Store and while I'm not generally interested in it overall, there's an introductory month offer of 79p and Fallen Order is one of the games. 

Could be tempted by that just to give Fallen Order a go. 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cheers for the responses. 

I only ask as I saw that EA Play is available on the PS Store and while I'm not generally interested in it overall, there's an introductory month offer of 79p and Fallen Order is one of the games. 

Could be tempted by that just to give Fallen Order a go. 

Definitely worth it, imo. I usually lose interest very quickly and seldom finish most of the games that I start, but I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

16 hours ago, nudge said:

Definitely worth it, imo. I usually lose interest very quickly and seldom finish most of the games that I start, but I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I played it over the course of a week - dunno how many hours total.

Cheers both and Mel. I'll give it a thought before the offer ends on 8th March.