talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/guerrilla-games-finally-reveals-story-of-legendary-e3-bullshot-in-2005/

Ah the 'bullshot'. Amazing that when they did get called out on it Sony said no then took it off their archives. I even remember playing Killzone 2 and thinking it was nice looking as well. All is forgiven however, their Horizon entry really is quite beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i don't know where to post this so i'll just tell it here ........

it's fun kicking the sh!t of new gamers.   my 14 year old son  ( im 40 hahaha ) is addicted to VERSUS games such as street fighter, tekken and his latest acquisition was Injustice 2.  When i went for vacation last christmas he showed/bragged me his trophies for winning a Street Fighter and Tekken tournament in our local Mall.   and so i challenged him to see his skills, damn, the facker cried his shit out coz he can't beat his dad who's only using the most basic of moves while he was busy doing all those fancy moves which i can block and counter.    my sister just KO'ed me in the head saying i should let my son win hahahahahah

Edited by bozziovai

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/29/no-mans-sky-comes-to-xbox-this-summer-alongside-huge-update/

Call me anything you'd like but this really shouldn't be happening. I'd like to see them refund everyone that bought this PoS or give them a brand new game before exploring new console horizons.

Will it even sell that well, given the bad press since launch on PC and PS4?

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Will it even sell that well, given the bad press since launch on PC and PS4?

I can guarantee you that with a price-point change and the lure of 'new content' it actually will make sales. I remember reading a tweet from Hello games about their ridiculous CPU patch for non Intel processors and how they never tested it. I was thinking fair play till they then went and ruined the net-code for the whole game making it unplayable for people who were kind of enjoying it. Honestly, the gimmick wears off after two or three planet excursions but I doubt anyone is going to be looking at them with rose-tinted glasses on their next release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/report-ps4-has-now-sold-roughly-2-5-times-as-well-as-the-xbox-one/

I kind of agree with Microsoft's stance on all of this because in all honesty getting into a market for new users is a fools game these days considering how many people actually pick up a title regularly (casual gaming). What does baffle me is how they are turning a blind-eye to the dev-shop market and not trying to get more of those teams to build great games for the XBox. Still think this generation's console from M$ is just a precursor to something far better on their next attempt.

• Subscriber

Sony have apparently come out and said that the next generation Playstation Console is about three years away. Bold, but also a no-brainer considering they are dominating the market right now and probably will for the next year or two.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Sony have apparently come out and said that the next generation Playstation Console is about three years away. Bold, but also a no-brainer considering they are dominating the market right now and probably will for the next year or two.

So much for the supposed 'PC incremental upgrade' that Sony and Microsoft were planning on. Makes the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X even more pointless.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So much for the supposed 'PC incremental upgrade' that Sony and Microsoft were planning on. Makes the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X even more pointless.

In the end it really did make no sense to jam that much power into a living room box that can play movies and games. So that users can play games in 4K? I think most people also forget how under-utilized that chip architecture in the Playstation really is. It was decades ahead of what anyone was planning when they first introduced Cell tech and the demo that went with it for the original Killzone they wanted to put out. 

I think they've got the right idea here because the games are what make them profits and not the console. I just wish their network was as good as XBOX Live because that would start pushing more users to them. 

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection-is-arcade-nostalgia-done-right/

Superb purchase for any Street Fighter fan. The Alpha series alone is worth it except no training mode which I suppose is okay. As always, remember that Capcom's netcode is sketchy at best but still its a great purchase.