talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

On 23/09/2021 at 08:18, Viva la FCB said:

Anyone get the chance to checkout Age of Empires 4? I used to love the old ones, definitely the kind of game I want to pickup for the steam dock eventually :D...well that and diablo 2...

Is it out yet? I haven't played it yet, but if it's out (and my PC can handle it), I'll install it at some point soon.

I've been playing Diablo 2 and... holy fuck, the nostalgia effect is very real.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it out yet? I haven't played it yet, but if it's out (and my PC can handle it), I'll install it at some point soon.

I've been playing Diablo 2 and... holy fuck, the nostalgia effect is very real.

No they did a streamer preview thing over the weekend, I think it releases in late Oct.

Awesome! Im gunna pick it up at some point here. I did get to play an hour or two durring the open beta and loved it. I looooved the fact you could toggle off the visual update and see how shitty the old effects really where/are. 

• Subscriber

Wee Kaiden got this game for his 8th Birthday gone, the Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword and asked me if I wanted to play it with him...so...me..." Ok.." end of story really as he thrashed the arse off me with my fat fingers and short-sighted even with my glasses on. O.o

thumbnail_20210928_163848.jpg

And @nudge, I think you would like the balloons he got...

thumbnail_20210928_152322.jpg

thumbnail_20210928_152705.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 28/09/2021 at 22:37, CaaC (John) said:

Wee Kaiden got this game for his 8th Birthday gone, the Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword and asked me if I wanted to play it with him...so...me..." Ok.." end of story really as he thrashed the arse off me with my fat fingers and short-sighted even with my glasses on. O.o

thumbnail_20210928_163848.jpg

And @nudge, I think you would like the balloons he got...

thumbnail_20210928_152322.jpg

thumbnail_20210928_152705.jpg

Ace work John.

• Subscriber

If you play any 1v1 FGC games I highly recommend this video if you're online and playing competitively. The amount of knowledge in this short video is ridiculous. Now, the only problem is execution and that just comes with time and practice. 

P.S. It's also very good for winding up friends when they play Guilty Gear or SF with you haha.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Metroid Dread is pretty great

If you own a Switch this is imo a must buy just because it has all the elements required to be engaging enough as a game and good to carry around from a portability standpoint as well.

• Upvote 1

I was a big Left 4 Dead fan years ago while that game was still popular. So a few weeks ago when I saw I could pre-download Back 4 Blood (the spiritual successor made by the same development team) before it's release yesterday... I definitely did.

And after getting home from work and playing a bit of Metroid, I fired that up to play with some friends. Very good game if you like that sort of zombie survival co-op shooter (I'm a sucker for coop Zombie games, I think it's a part of why I like COD so much... but this style is more fun).

• Upvote 1

I think I like all of Metroid Dread… except I really hate anything related to the EMMIs. I thought it was a cool concept at first… but they are incredibly frustrating sequences.

The boss fights on the other hand are absolutely brilliant

*edit* this was written after a particular frustrating moment in the game for me. Now that I’m passed it I don’t feel the same way xD

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/10/metroid-dread-developer-leaves-names-out-of-credits-ex-staffers-say/

If you did work on something for a considerable amount of time you deserve to have your name on the credits. While it may seem trite to the regular gamer its very useful in the industry for landing new jobs, etc. I can't see why MercurySteam wouldn't put the names of those artists/devs in the end-credits.

This is also a big of strong-arming which forces employees to stick around till a project is done even if the work conditions are bad because hey you wont get any credit if you don't. Bit silly this practice. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I like all of Metroid Dread… except I really hate anything related to the EMMIs. I thought it was a cool concept at first… but they are incredibly frustrating sequences.

The boss fights on the other hand are absolutely brilliant

*edit* this was written after a particular frustrating moment in the game for me. Now that I’m passed it I don’t feel the same way xD

The first time I "countered" one I was so excited I just stood around it to see if i I could hit it. Lo and behold it came back and then ... well ... I got sent back to the start of the door. All in all I think its nice that you have to sneak around a bit even if the tools to sneak are pretty horrible sometimes.

Edited by Mel81x

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The first time I "countered" one I was so excited I just stood around it to see if i I could hit it. Lo and behold it came back and then ... well ... I got sent back to the start of the door. All in all I think its nice that you have to sneak around a bit even if the tools to sneak are pretty horrible sometimes.

I was dealing with one having its head-shield when you do the whole machine gun charge thing despite me feeling like I’d done what I was always doing before.

But I think my left Joycon’s wonky stick drift was just fucking my aim up really bad. Because after doing it about 20 times I finally got it to kill him like it killed the rest of them. But only after I noticed when I let go of my left stick Samus was suddenly stairing straight up, so I calibrated the joycon and tried again was just like “wow I’m a fucking idiot”

The stealth/horror aspect of it is really cool. The way that you have to kill them is cool, but repetitive…

why the hell was my stick drift so bad though?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was dealing with one having its head-shield when you do the whole machine gun charge thing despite me feeling like I’d done what I was always doing before.

But I think my left Joycon’s wonky stick drift was just fucking my aim up really bad. Because after doing it about 20 times I finally got it to kill him like it killed the rest of them. But only after I noticed when I let go of my left stick Samus was suddenly stairing straight up, so I calibrated the joycon and tried again was just like “wow I’m a fucking idiot”

The stealth/horror aspect of it is really cool. The way that you have to kill them is cool, but repetitive…

why the hell was my stick drift so bad though?

Joycons are notorious for stick drift. They need replacements ever so often. I bought a set from JP when it first launched and I thought they'd last but sadly they didnt and since then I have had them replaced. The good news is that I ditched my joycons and use my Pro controller for most of my gaming now.

30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Joycons are notorious for stick drift. They need replacements ever so often. I bought a set from JP when it first launched and I thought they'd last but sadly they didnt and since then I have had them replaced. The good news is that I ditched my joycons and use my Pro controller for most of my gaming now.

Just looked into it and looks like Nintendo do free repairs on them now (at least they do here).

I think the Pro Controller is one of the nicer built controllers I've ever used, but hardly any of my Switch gaming is ever done on mine now - I often am using the Switch while our TV is in use. I also use it like I used to use a GameBoy when I'm on public transit/planes.

So my Joycons have received heavy use. I might have to send mine in for repairs soon - but if I do that I'll probably buy a second pair so I can still play it as a mostly handheld device while they're being repaired.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just looked into it and looks like Nintendo do free repairs on them now (at least they do here).

I think the Pro Controller is one of the nicer built controllers I've ever used, but hardly any of my Switch gaming is ever done on mine now - I often am using the Switch while our TV is in use. I also use it like I used to use a GameBoy when I'm on public transit/planes.

So my Joycons have received heavy use. I might have to send mine in for repairs soon - but if I do that I'll probably buy a second pair so I can still play it as a mostly handheld device while they're being repaired.

I dock it in the TV and play it when I am not on the move because I honestly prefer the controller over the joycons for platformers but like you whenever I am on the move I play it more in mobile mode and probably have played it more in mobile mode since I got it. Nice to see that Nintendo are actually offering free repairs because when mine went to pots I asked the guy at the store what the option was and he said just replace them because even if they repair them the drift can come back. 

The only good news about all of this is I got some night bright colored ones vs the grey ones that I originally got with my Switch.

How far have you gotten in Metroid Dread? I think I am about 70% done now.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dock it in the TV and play it when I am not on the move because I honestly prefer the controller over the joycons for platformers but like you whenever I am on the move I play it more in mobile mode and probably have played it more in mobile mode since I got it. Nice to see that Nintendo are actually offering free repairs because when mine went to pots I asked the guy at the store what the option was and he said just replace them because even if they repair them the drift can come back. 

The only good news about all of this is I got some night bright colored ones vs the grey ones that I originally got with my Switch.

How far have you gotten in Metroid Dread? I think I am about 70% done now.

I think it’s at 28% the last time I loaded the save, but I think that might just be items found

• Subscriber
On 19/10/2021 at 09:09, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’s at 28% the last time I loaded the save, but I think that might just be items found

I just finished it. Quite the ride and probably one of the best gaming experiences for the year I had. Some of the puzzles to get upgrades were challenging but overall I think this entry in the series is very polished and I really couldn't have asked for more except maybe that it was a bit longer.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Think I might look at Metroid Dread alongside the Advance Wars reboot (if Nintendo don't mess it up). 

Does Dread follow on from Fusion? 

Yes it does and it closes the story arc for all current 2-D Platform as well. Have you played Fusion?

• Subscriber
On 13/10/2021 at 10:57, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was a big Left 4 Dead fan years ago while that game was still popular. So a few weeks ago when I saw I could pre-download Back 4 Blood (the spiritual successor made by the same development team) before it's release yesterday... I definitely did.

And after getting home from work and playing a bit of Metroid, I fired that up to play with some friends. Very good game if you like that sort of zombie survival co-op shooter (I'm a sucker for coop Zombie games, I think it's a part of why I like COD so much... but this style is more fun).

Im going to buy this 100%, just gonna wait till the price drops :) The Left 4 Dead series was so much fun back in the day.

• Upvote 1