talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://kotaku.com/esl-faceit-esports-public-investment-fund-saudi-arabia-1848413393

And they went and bought FaceIt too. Its a smart acquisition as they'll make a lot of money in the process, maybe not at first but eventually it will even out. Its going to be interesting to see how many people jump ship now that the Saudi's are the ones backing it.

Edited by Mel81x

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not bad, though as with anything EA, I'll remain cautious until they're out.

Yeah, Jedi: Fallen Order was class though, and Squadrons wasn't bad, either (if you don't count me being shit at it) :D

Edited by nudge

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, Jedi: Fallen Order was class though, and Squadrons wasn't bad, either (if you don't count me being shit at it) :D

In fairness, it's not so much about the quality and more about how they may bastardise them with loot creates, microtransactions, cut modes to sell as a season pass etc.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

In fairness, it's not so much about the quality and more about how they may bastardise them with loot creates, microtransactions, cut modes to sell as a season pass etc.

Yes I know, but Jedi: Fallen Order didn't have any loot boxes nor microtransactions or "live service" passes, and Squadrons followed the same path. In fact, ther was absolutely no post-purchase monetisation whatsoever in both games, so that gives me hope!

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, nudge said:

Three new Star Wars Games in the works... That's not counting The Eclipse which will come out this year.

Let me play as a Sith and I'll buy that one from the three. Make it happen Respawn.

• Upvote 1

I have an original playstation at home. It's about 23 years old but still works. I've got a few old games I play sometimes. One of them is tekken 3 but it has got scratched and so doesn't work well. I could get a new one online but there is a risk it may be a bad copy. Any ideas anyone? 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I have an original playstation at home. It's about 23 years old but still works. I've got a few old games I play sometimes. One of them is tekken 3 but it has got scratched and so doesn't work well. I could get a new one online but there is a risk it may be a bad copy. Any ideas anyone? 

Buy an empty CD-R, download Tekken 3 ROM and burn it onto the CD.

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's about 23 years old

xD

When I think back to the days of the Amstrad 464 and the Commodore 64 when games used to come on tapes then 23 years is a mere piffle...

They used to load up on the screen line by line and sometimes after waiting what seemed like half the night to load you might get unlucky and get a 'Read Error B' pop up at the bottom just as it was due to finish then would have to start all over again.. B|

See the source image

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Buy an empty CD-R, download Tekken 3 ROM and burn it onto the CD.

I knew you were gonna say to do something I dont know how to do. Clever people always do that 😂

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Just Google it, it's not rocket science xD

I dont have a computer to do it with. I could go to a local gamestoor I suppose. They would take it back if it was faulty. 

Or you could burn it for me and send it to me? 🤔

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont have a computer to do it with. I could go to a local gamestoor I suppose. They would take it back if it was faulty. 

Or you could burn it for me and send it to me? 🤔

Haha, no CD drive in my laptop either, I'm afraid... You'd have to wait until I settle down in one place and get a desktop PC xD

On 25/01/2022 at 06:12, nudge said:

Three new Star Wars Games in the works... That's not counting The Eclipse which will come out this year.

I like the sound of this.

I like every game Respawn's released - even Apex, even though I only played that for a brief while for a free to play Battle Royale game - but so far they've got a really really great track record. And Jedi Fallen order was the first game they did that was a 3rd person action-adventure style game and it was absolutely brilliant.

Giving them 3 Star Wars games sounds very good to me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

When I think back to the days of the Amstrad 464 and the Commodore 64 when games used to come on tapes then 23 years is a mere piffle...

They used to load up on the screen line by line and sometimes after waiting what seemed like half the night to load you might get unlucky and get a 'Read Error B' pop up at the bottom just as it was due to finish then would have to start all over again.. B|

See the source image

What the fuck?! Games on tape?!

• Upvote 1