talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Winning the Premier League or Winning the Champions League?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Leicester City's 14 year old fans try to goad others by singing about winning the league, not the European cup, and Leicester are better than Forest at the minute so it has to be the league :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Dan said:

Leicester City's 14 year old fans try to goad others by singing about winning the league, not the European cup, and Leicester are better than Forest at the minute so it has to be the league :ph34r:

In 20 years time you will be in league one and your children will be telling Fleetwood Town fans about how you won the league before they were born. Like Blackburn do now :ph34r:

Winning the league. You have to be really good and consistent during the entire season, meanwhile the cup format is different you don´t necessarily need to be the best team to win a cup competition, 2004 Greece being the best example of it. 

On the other hand, though, I guess for teams like Bayern, PSG and Juventus winning league is more of an obligation than an achievement.

5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

In 20 years time you will be in league one and your children will be telling Fleetwood Town fans about how you won the league before they were born. Like Blackburn do now :ph34r:

You bringing up that just reminded me of Scout´s meltdown. xD Classic TFF moment, 1927! 

For fans that have never seen their side win the league, then I completely understand that the league title is the what they want first and foremost.  But legendary clubs (in Europe at least) are made from winning the European Cup (Champions League) and that is the ultimate at club level in this continent.

What I want most for Arsenal is that Champions league.  That would be a dream come true but I doubt I'll ever see it.

2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Chelsea killed The Champions League for me when they finished sixth and won the bloody thing.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Agree with this. That they won it with Roberto Di Matteo as manager and nearly won it with Avram Grant shows any fucker has a chance.

xD

Archived