talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England National Team Discussion

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair, Parish is only concerned because he won't be able to sell him on for the English premium now that he's Ivorian apparently.

Think he'll be at the Lane Wembley come the summer

Edited by Storts

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Zaha's a right melt from going to the Ivory Coast. It's literally admitting that you're too shite to play for a decent nation so will cling to some family tree loop-hole in order to become an international.

The country he was born in a family tree loop hole xD

On 28/03/2017 at 5:52 PM, Cannabis said:

Zaha's a right melt from going to the Ivory Coast. It's literally admitting that you're too shite to play for a decent nation so will cling to some family tree loop-hole in order to become an international.

Family tree loop hole? He was born in Ivory Coast. Did Nigerian born Victor Moses do the same thing? 

I don't blame him for picking another nationality. If I was as talented as he is and was constantly left out for underperforming drovel associated with a top club I think id look elsewhere and score a brilliant solo effort against Russia too.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Stan said:

4 goal-keepers for 2 games.

Obviously. 

Thought the same, slightly bizarre. 

No complaints from me at the squad, he keeps including a couple of no-hopers that should be nowhere near the squad but in reality we haven't got 25 good players so that's always going to come about.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's daft having games this late. The season finished ages ago. Most players are on holiday but the international players are made to keep training an extra couple of weeks just to play 1 qualifier

Agree with that, they might aswell get them done the week the season finishes.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Boohoo. 

Must be awful being paid £100,000 a week and having to play football for a few weeks longer than your peers who are out on the beaches of Barbados. It should be a privilege to play for your country regardless of whether it's a qualifier or a World Cup final. Anyone who gets rattled by the timing of this Scotland game doesn't deserve a call-up. 

Don't think they'll be rattled by it, it just doesn't make much sense. They could play the game straight away and let them go, they also have to stick around for a pointless friendly after playing Scotland too.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

@Storts

Explain the hype over Dier please mate? I use to rate him.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not feeling Dier either to be honest. Looks OK but not a lot more.

He's played CB the majority of the season, so no surprise he looks a bit rusty in there. He's also being asked to do too much, when he's put next to someone like Livermore, or someone who had such an awful game like Ox, he has to try and dictate things and that shouldn't be his game.

I wouldn't say he's really progressed this year, but he is still a good talent, so versatile, and with a proper partner does an excellent job holding, and getting us moving. Southgate's biggest problem is that he's without Hugo, Toby, Jan, Eriksen and Dembele.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Storts said:

He's played CB the majority of the season, so no surprise he looks a bit rusty in there. He's also being asked to do too much, when he's put next to someone like Livermore, or someone who had such an awful game like Ox, he has to try and dictate things and that shouldn't be his game.

I wouldn't say he's really progressed this year, but he is still a good talent, so versatile, and with a proper partner does an excellent job holding, and getting us moving. Southgate's biggest problem is that he's without Hugo, Toby, Jan, Eriksen and Dembele.

I've thought that in the past - people are deluded if they think that you're going to get anything like Kane & Alli's form for England because they're around poorer players.

Poch has built a side that gets the maximum from those two. England haven't.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've thought that in the past - people are deluded if they think that you're going to get anything like Kane & Alli's form for England because they're around poorer players.

Poch has built a side that gets the maximum from those two. England haven't.

Spot on - Kane and Alli are brilliant - but they work so well in our team because of the players around them and the way we play. Alli in particular has suffered for England. Kane last night had 2 chances and scored 2, there was no real service into him apart from the first goal.