talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England National Team Discussion

I'd like to know how many of these 'injuries' are going to be for two weeks. We're producing another generation of shy aways.

When Raheem Sterling did it at the start of last season that should have been Southgates moment to make an example of someone. Now this horrible precedent has been set and we've seen the likes of Vardy and Alli follow suit.

• Administrator
On 07/11/2017 at 13:19, The Palace Fan said:

I'd like to know how many of these 'injuries' are going to be for two weeks. We're producing another generation of shy aways.

When Raheem Sterling did it at the start of last season that should have been Southgates moment to make an example of someone. Now this horrible precedent has been set and we've seen the likes of Vardy and Alli follow suit.

convenient that Kane and Winks miss out just before a big game against Arsenal xD 

Also, Vardy?

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

His hip problem last time.

It's a shame we've got such a small pool of talent so we can't fuck players off not concerned with playing.

oh, thought you meant this time around xD

• Subscriber

Alli was injured at the weekend and didn't play. Winks and Kane were hacked down by Palace, and the former went off injured at half time. The latter had been injured the week before and took another knock and struggled through the game. Lets not pretend that this is anything that it's not. They have knocks, what's the point in trying to force them to play pointless friendlies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

At this rate I might get a game.

Whilst I was happy with the original team selection I'm not sure why Cork and Livermore have been called ahead of Wilshire and Ox. Southgate wouldnt lose any face by picking Wilshire and having a future private chat with him about future game time.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Alli was injured at the weekend and didn't play. Winks and Kane were hacked down by Palace, and the former went off injured at half time. The latter had been injured the week before and took another knock and struggled through the game. Lets not pretend that this is anything that it's not. They have knocks, what's the point in trying to force them to play pointless friendlies.

Fingers crossed they make a heroic return in time for the fixture against Arsenal.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I was happy with the original team selection I'm not sure why Cork and Livermore have been called ahead of Wilshire and Ox. Southgate wouldnt lose any face by picking Wilshire and having a future private chat with him about future game time.

Cork actually plays as a centre mid in the Prem whereas Ox has mostly played RWB and Wilshere played in the Europa 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fingers crossed they make a heroic return in time for the fixture against Arsenal.

Hardly heroic, but yes let's hope they do. Especially for a fixture that actually means something 

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Hardly heroic, but yes let's hope they do. Especially for a fixture that actually means something 

These friendlies aren't exactly pointless. There's not many fixtures left until next summer's tournament and given how uninspiring and disjointed we've looked as a team youd think these players would appreciate every opportunity to play with each other. Even more so given we are going up against two very good footballing nations and one of them being from South America who take friendlies more seriously than European countries.

Edited by The Palace Fan

7 hours ago, Danny said:

No but Cork isn't that bad an option, a good passer of the ball. I'd rather him than Livermore.

I don't think there's much in it between either player. In comparison over the last couple of seasons Cork would win on consistency whilst Livermore would win on 'flashes of quality'. I think Wilshire would have a right to feel aggrieved to lose out to both of them mind you but then again it may keep him more focused long term to prove a point.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Legend has it he paid off the linesman last week to increase his viewing figures.

He probably begs DT to make an appearance every game. Regular Arsenal Fan TV video with a regular post match fan interview = 80K viewings. Regular Arsenal Fan TV video with DT during a post match interview =  650K viewings. 

football forum

AFTV is boring for me now as its quite obvious that it's just a money making machine. I used to enjoy it when it was just a group of fans airing their views but now it's pretty poor. 

Even DT has gone shite.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

These friendlies aren't exactly pointless. There's not many fixtures left until next summer's tournament and given how uninspiring and disjointed we've looked as a team youd think these players would appreciate every opportunity to play with each other. Even more so given we are going up against two very good footballing nations and one of them being from South America who take friendlies more seriously than European countries.

Southgate - “Harry Kane … I knew he was in trouble because he stayed down,” said Southgate. “Harry Kane doesn’t stay down, so I knew we had a potential problem. Both he and Harry Winks were scanned. Our medical department reviewed those scans, and no way would they have been available for our games. Spurs might risk them against Arsenal … I’m hearing club versus country, but that’s nonsense. The players are injured and cannot play. With some of the players it’s 100% clear from a scan."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/09/ruben-loftus-cheek-start-england-friendly-germany-wembley

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Southgate - “Harry Kane … I knew he was in trouble because he stayed down,” said Southgate. “Harry Kane doesn’t stay down, so I knew we had a potential problem. Both he and Harry Winks were scanned. Our medical department reviewed those scans, and no way would they have been available for our games. Spurs might risk them against Arsenal … I’m hearing club versus country, but that’s nonsense. The players are injured and cannot play. With some of the players it’s 100% clear from a scan."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/09/ruben-loftus-cheek-start-england-friendly-germany-wembley

They may all be injured for all we know but quoting Gareth Southgate is hardly going to increase your point. He's not exactly going to criticise his one world class player and all the other likely starters that pulled out is he?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They may all be injured for all we know but quoting Gareth Southgate is hardly going to increase your point. He's not exactly going to criticise his one world class player and all the other likely starters that pulled out is he?

Of course he is - he’s the manager of England and if you really think Winks on his second call up or Kane who is our talisman are really going to pull out unless theyre actually injured then you’re a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Of course he is - he’s the manager of England and if you really think Winks on his second call up or Kane who is our talisman are really going to pull out unless theyre actually injured then you’re a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

As i previously said they could all be injured for all I know. I just find it unbelievable that we've got so many English players that are conveniently not fit to play on the weekend when they're club side are not playing. It's not like we haven't got a history of the same thing happening previously.

Id like to believe you seriously don't think Gareth Southgate has the cojones to question his better players mentality public when our talent pool is so limited. The only chance that parsnip has of being a success is keeping the whole dressing room on side.