Matchday 1 (Group H) - Wednesday 13th September

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philipp - Auba - Pulisic

Castro - Sahin - Götze

Zagadou - Toprak - Sokratis - Piszczek

Bürki

Zagadou and Toprak only played 60 minutes so far. Piszczek is doubtful. Maybe we are forced to play 3 newcomers in our back four.

Philipp could use a break, but he can't rest, because Reus is injured and Dembele is gone. Castro, Sahin & Götze coud use a break as well. but Weigl has not fully recovered yet, Guerreiro is still injured and for some reason our coach doesn't rate Kagawa.

Is it true Tottenham can't cope with pressing?

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

This Dortmund keeper is fucking terrible.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  Son really got away with it in the 1st goal, his teammates would crucify him for being so selfish but Burki really let him out of the hook. xD 

The 2nd goal he also didn´t close the angle very well, granted it was a nice strike by Kane, but if he had more of a sense placement  there it could have been saved.

No shock really. I saw some people on Twitter saying Dortmund would smash Tottenham and that they had the guaranteed 3 points, but its obvious that they are about on par. The team to beat in this group is Real Madrid, not BVB.

• Subscriber

Excellent Tottenham performance today. That's exactly what I wanted to see from them. Poch has clearly learnt his lessons from last year. We sat in very deliberately, let Dortmund have the ball and with our defence as good as any in Europe we were able to largely keep them quiet. We then broke brilliantly - especially second half where we picked up the intensity and could have had half a dozen. Kane is just superb and Toby is one of, if not the best CB in Europe. 

I said Dortmund were beatable and it proved that way. Excellent team but so are we. Look forward to the rest of the group. COYS.

How did Arsenal do?

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Excellent Tottenham performance today. That's exactly what I wanted to see from them. Poch has clearly learnt his lessons from last year. We sat in very deliberately, let Dortmund have the ball and with our defence as good as any in Europe we were able to largely keep them quiet. We then broke brilliantly - especially second half where we picked up the intensity and could have had half a dozen. Kane is just superb and Toby is one of, if not the best CB in Europe. 

I said Dortmund were beatable and it proved that way. Excellent team but so are we. Look forward to the rest of the group. COYS.

How did Arsenal do?

Think that's definitely possible. Will depend on how Bonucci does at Milan. Shaky start from him there.

Me and you are probably the only ones who thought Tottenham would win and are on par with BVB. Its cute how people think they are still this UCL contending side. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived