talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 14th September - Matchday 1 (Group E)

• Subscriber

I was thinking during the game even with Lukaku our output at the moment depends on either a series of lucky deflections and opponents falling over or a striker who can single handedly control the ball out of the air, beat three defenders and finish for us to find a goal.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Full credit to Koeman. How many managers would accept blame for a defeat like this? He doesn't get a free pass don't get me wrong, but I respect him for taking it on the chin and accepting that he hasn't prepared the team well enough for today's game. If this was Martinez or Mourinho we'd either be hearing about how well we played or how an individual player let his side down.

Can't agree with that at all. If Koeman has failed to prepare his team properly for a European game then the last thing he deserves is credit and certainly not respect, whether he admits it or not. If anything it's an absolute disgrace. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Can't agree with that at all. If Koeman has failed to prepare his team properly for a European game then the last thing he deserves is credit and certainly not respect, whether he admits it or not. If anything it's an absolute disgrace. 

Not respect for anything else besides the fact that he comes out and admits he fucked up. He's not getting respect for fucking up. Nothing wrong with giving him a nod for taking responsibility, Everton fans don't take that for granted after Martinez saying we were phenomenal or unlucky after every poor performance.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not respect for anything else besides the fact that he comes out and admits he fucked up. He's not getting respect for fucking up. Nothing wrong with giving him a nod for taking responsibility, Everton fans don't take that for granted after Martinez saying we were phenomenal or unlucky after every poor performance.

Personally I'd be telling him to stick his admittance up his arse mate. £7m a year and can't be arsed to prepare his team for a game in Europe? Wank that. 

Saying that, the players should be taking some responsibility on the pitch instead of wondering around half arsed and uninterested. 

Archived