talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 14th September - Matchday 1 (Group H)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know anthing about any of the three clubs except about Koln that Podolski supports them. But I believe it shouldnt be too hard for Arsenal to get out of this group and I hope wenger gives chances to younger players in home matches atleast

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Asura said:

Dont know anthing about any of the three clubs except about Koln that Podolski supports them. But I believe it shouldnt be too hard for Arsenal to get out of this group and I hope wenger gives chances to younger players in home matches atleast

You'll are coming off a game with a win and a good one at that. It will just add confidence to your players and that works wonders for these kinds of games. 

I've managed to nab a ticket for Arsenal v Koln tomorrow, despite Arsenal doing their utmost to make it difficult by not putting the game on general sale in fear that 20,000 Germans would sit in the home end. 

Koln are in truly dreadful form. Three league defeats, bottom of the league, one goal scored, seven conceded. The Europa League is a welcomed distraction and comes at a good time for Koln.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Interested to see how we fair in this competition. Should be going all out for it in my opinion. I expect Wenger to treat like the League cup though and we will get knocked out in one of the earlier knockout rounds.

Of the competitions we're in obviously the Premier League is the priority (we're NOT going to win that) and then comes this!  Arsenal NEED to win a European honour after all the mostly white smoke of the Wenger era.  This is the minor European competition but for me it's important and 10 times more than the FA CUP.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Of the competitions we're in obviously the Premier League is the priority (we're NOT going to win that) and then comes this!  Arsenal NEED to win a European honour after all the mostly white smoke of the Wenger era.  This is the minor European competition but for me it's important and 10 times more than the FA CUP.

I'd love to win this. Can't believe how snobby our fans are towards this competition. We have no right to slag off any European title when you consider our European pedigree.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Arsenal game delayed for an hour in the interests of crowd safety. Not sure what's gone on as just got back in from playing football. Saw the alert pop up on my phone.

There are thousands of Koln fans trying to get in. Especially into the home sections, but they've been told they will not be allowed in the home end.

• Administrator

so many videos of Koln fans in the home end xD .

Arsenal say it's safer for the game to go ahead than call it off and disperse the thousands of fans in the stadium that shouldn't be there.

Imagine if Koln score first. Absolute scenes. 

• Administrator
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Koln fans buying arsenal shirts to get in... unbelievable. Apparently loads of Arsenal fans have gone home because of the delay as well.

woman on BT Sport was saying that a family didn't come to the game and took their daughter home even though she was due to be a ball girl tonight. 

Ticket touts also to blame apparently for fans getting in to the stadium. 

Clearly there weren't enough police/stewards as the club didn't expect this many fans to bear down on them. 

Only a massive disaster will bring this to light but the Met Police are an utter shower of shit and I say that as the son of a retired police officer.

I remember teachers telling me that 'piss poor preparation leads to piss poor performance' and that couldn't be truer this evening. It's not come as a shock that 20k+ Koln fans have turned up, it's been on social media and reported in the press all week yet the Met Police have caused a lot of this. They kettled Köln fans round Finsbury Park and marched them all the way to The Emirates, which, I think, has led to this. Why the police never organised perimeters around the ground where people could only pass if they had a ticket, meaning fans without tickets where at least a mile and a bit away, is beyond me. The police have allowed 20k+ to get around the ground, which has, partially, led to the outbreak of violence. 

What I also can't understand is the Köln fans, what are they trying to achieve? What do they think will come of kicking-off in the manner some have? Idiots. 

• Subscriber

Also the absolute LADs on Twitter making the same jokes now as people have been making for an hour and a half about their finally being an atmosphere at the Emirates. I mean, ROTFFLMFAO boys, amazing and original #bantz. The number of favourites and retweets they're still getting after thousands of accounts have posted the same weak joke just goes to show how braindead football fans on social media (and in general) really are.

It's been a rough evening.

Archived