talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 14th September - Matchday 1 (Group H)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really really happy with this result...  Infact I'm ecstatic to be honest and I know that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much. But coupled with our last win in the Premier League this will go a long way to lifting our confidence and also because of having gone behind and turning it around in a fine manner in the end.  I really really want us to go for this trophy this season.  I know for many in England it's a mickey mouse trophy but on the continent it isn't and I think in that manner when it comes to football.  I'd rather rest players for the FA CUP than this.  I know we haven't a hope in hell of competing for the Premier League because our squad is substandard compared to others in the division, so this is what I want.  I want it also because winning a European honour adds prestige around the continent and because it brings a winning mentality when playing in European football.

Obviously this is only the first game and it was only against Köln.  But as things stand and where we're coming from in recent times, any team could've beaten us and it wouldn't have exactly been a major shock where the European sports journals would be using it as a headline.

Let's see if Wenger can focus on this one.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arsenal were absolutely humiliated within in their own stadium tonight. Saw some cunt called 'sebastian' nearly in tears about the Cologne fans. Pussy club with pussy fans.

The club with a stripey, slightly retarded looking, pussy on their badge might actually be the pussy club. :coffee:

Your "I need to prove I'm working class and a hard man" act is the highlight of every week though. You a G.

Just now, 6666 said:

The club with a stripey, slightly retarded looking, pussy on their badge might actually be the pussy club. :coffee:

Your "I need to prove I'm working class and a hard man" act is the highlight of every week though. You a G.

You still didn't go did you, even on a night where you could have gone for fuck all you still didn't go.

Archived