Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

The First Romanus Mafia Wars: Ended (Domitus wins)

It is January 10, 49 B.C., on the banks of the Rubicon River in southern Gaul, Julius Caesar and the soldiers of the 13th Legion are about to launch the Roman empire into civil war.

The Rubicon is significant to Rome due to its location, it is the official border between Italy and Cisalpine Gaul, a region south of the Alps governed by Julius Caesar himself. Despite its appearance, crossing this humble river will have serious consequences. The law of the Roman Republic states any provincial governor leading troops across the border back into Italy would be declared a public enemy. It is, quite simply, an act of war.

Surviving the biting cold, many of the soldiers of the 13th Legion of the army of the Roman Republic have served under Caesar for much of the previous decade. They have witnessed the honing of his skills as a military and political strategist, subjugating Gaul and extending the bounds of the Roman Republic as far as the Rhine. In all that time shoring up his influence back in Rome. Alarmed by his growing power, the Senate ordered Caesar to set aside his command.

Caesar has no intention of obeying the Senate, and knows perfectly well the consequences of his insubordination. Civil war will ensue between himself and the Roman nobility, led by his strongest rival and former ally: renowned military commander Pompey the Great. 

Caesar, to win this first Romanus Wars you must survive being slain by Quintus Servilius Caepio Brutus of the Optimate Faction led by Pompey the Great. Surviving all 6 days will allow you to reach Pharsalus where you will battle Pompey the Great

Pompey the Great (not a reference to Portsmouth under 'Arry Redknapp) will appear in the second Romanus Wars if Caesar survives. 

Senate, to win you must stop Caesar reaching Pharsalus within the 6 days of the game.

Brutus, to win you must kill Caesar. You are classed as an independent in this game. 

13th Legion, to win you must ensure Caesar survives to the end. 

• Upvote 3

Rules ...

1. You vote to Crucify, not lynch. Voting is balloted in Rome, your votes should be submitted to me directly by PM at any point of the daytime phase.  You can declare who you've voted for. Or lie.

Note: Caesar can skew your votes during a daytime phase up to three times. Whilst the Curule has the option to launch a public game. Once this happens the Crucifixion is stopped and everyone instead attends the games. The intended victim is immune from crucifixion the following day session as well. 

2. You can disclose your role or claim to have a role to subvert the game in your favour ... BUT you are forbidden from disclosing anything I have sent you or advised by myself to you during the game. 

3. If you do not post within the first 24 hours of the game - without reason - you'll be put on deathwatch. Three consecutive days without posting you'll be crucified separately and removed from the game. You signed up. You play. It ruins it for everyone else otherwise

4. Do not PM other players. It is forbidden. If you're in the 13th Legion, use your Chatzy room. That is what it is there for. 

5. Re-read these rules and make sure you understand

6. The first day commences at 19:00 and will finish at 21:00 GMT+1 13th September

7. There is no jester role

8. The game will last for 6 days only

9. These rules are subject to additions and alterations in reaction to infringements and any blatant cheating

What we know so far ...

13th September

• The ballot revealed there would be no crucifixion
  • Storts survived an attempt on his life

14th September

• The ballot revealed AaronCPFC would be crucified
  • His role was that of a Senator
  • Rando (a senator) and Cannabis (The Tribune) were slain by the 13th Legion and Caesar

Just now, Cicero said:

Starting it whilst Champions League is about to kick off xD

Well. If the games are boring, at least you've got something else to talk about :8_laughing:

Generous amount of time until this day ends. 

If there is one who hasn't posted until then gets my vote. 

He's played the mafia before and was good so be wary - not sure if he's in this time or not I lose track 

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Rules ...

1. You vote to Crucify, not lynch. Voting is balloted in Rome, your votes should be submitted to me directly by PM at any point of the daytime phase.  You can declare who you've voted for. Or lie.

Note: Caesar can skew your votes during a daytime phase up to three times. Whilst the Curule has the option to launch a public game. Once this happens the Crucifixion is stopped and everyone instead attends the games. The intended victim is immune from crucifixion the following day session as well. 

Regarding voting ... just a reminder as there will not be a voting thread

This could be harder now that we won't know who is voting for who and might not be able to get the usual pile in momentum in the last hour of a vote.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

This could be harder now that we won't know who is voting for who and might not be able to get the usual pile in momentum in the last hour of a vote.

Id expect mafia players to post less than three times in the first round too. This is going to be the most difficult yet.

2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Id expect mafia players to post less than three times in the first round too. This is going to be the most difficult yet.

Right. Especially when the game finishes in 6 days. 

@Batard Anyway we can change 3 days to one or two? Or are the rules set. 

AUGUSTUS FOUNDED THE PRAETORIANS 
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, I will vote to crucify the next person that says 'lynching' instead of crucify.

12 hours ago, Spike said:

AUGUSTUS FOUNDED THE PRAETORIANS 
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, I will vote to crucify the next person that says 'lynching' instead of crucify.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

tenor.gif

ET TU, BIGVS DICKVS?

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Right. Especially when the game finishes in 6 days. 

@Batard Anyway we can change 3 days to one or two? Or are the rules set. 

Fair point. I'll drop it to two considering the Champions League and Europa League. I'm delegating holding eachother accountable to those of you playing. 

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

ET TU, BIGVS DICKVS?

You rang?

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm Spartacus

Found the jester! 

As a pointer, considered discussing the abilities of some of the roles? There are some you could build strategies around. 

Just woke up. Pleasantly surprised that this has started! I enjoy the word crucify. 

18 hours ago, Batard said:

Rules ...

3. If you do post within the first 24 hours of the game - without reason - you'll be put on deathwatch.

Seems like a harsh rule most of us missed, going to be a quick game afterall :ph34r:

13 is an unlucky number, the legion is fuckedxD

Also, if I remember year 9 history corectly Ceasar is fucked too. We should do a titanic wars next.

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

13 is an unlucky number, the legion is fuckedxD

Also, if I remember year 9 history corectly Ceasar is fucked too. We should do a titanic wars next.

Legio XIV was the unlucky one.

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I still want to lynch crucify lynch Happy Blue to start things out :ph34r:

Nail me up, zero fucks given :coffee:   ..i'm one of the few that doesn't have a role, like a spare dick at a gang bang! :readthemessage:

• Haha 1

football forum