talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Subscriber
On 05/03/2017 at 11:19 AM, The Rebel CRS said:

This thread worked on the other forum to speak about the smaller things which may not get much attention if created as a thread of their own. So it's worth a try here as well I think.

You need to be made mod of this section if you're sticking around on this place!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

You need to be made mod of this section if you're sticking around on this place!

We're not appointing mods by section anymore fella, mods are forum global now 

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Batard said:

We're not appointing mods by section anymore fella, mods are forum global now 

Check you out! Didn't realise you were a mod.

I get why as that makes sense, but still when appointing mods or global mods you still have an idea of a certain part they will contribute to more so than other sections. Chris and his passion for Spanish football that he shared with other users was the main reason the la liga section was so popular before Chazz destroyed the forum. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Check you out! Didn't realise you were a mod.

I get why as that makes sense, but still when appointing mods or global mods you still have an idea of a certain part they will contribute to more so than other sections. Chris and his passion for Spanish football that he shared with other users was the main reason the la liga section was so popular before Chazz destroyed the forum. 

I have a vested (and invested) interest in the site succeeding so I'm effectively a financial moderator xD

Decisions around staffing do not form part of my remit fella, I'm certain as the site grows the staffing will equally so.

... And don't worry, there'll be no Chazzpocalypse  occuring on this site 

I also get what Batard has said about global mods as it neatens the place up and all that with more probable reasons.  But what Josh has said is also true in that Rebel should be exclusive to the Spanish football part of the forum.  He is paramount to this place in my view.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Rumours that La Liga games will kick off at 7am next season so that people in Singapore can watch it on tv at a reasonable hour :ph34r:

Haven't heard anything about that but to be honest it wouldn't surprise me.

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I am exaggerating but it was on goal.com earlier that kick off times are sometimes altered for the benefit of asian viewers

Oh right...  Yeah, we're actually into the third season with that situation and clubs like Barça, Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid and Valencia have made themselves heard on it.  Funnily enough, Real Madrid have kept silent.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Oh right...  Yeah, we're actually into the third season with that situation and clubs like Barça, Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid and Valencia have made themselves heard on it.  Funnily enough, Real Madrid have kept silent.

Is that why I've seen a couple of games on Sky at 11am

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Is that why I've seen a couple of games on Sky at 11am

I've actually heard Javier Tebas (LFP President) say that the early morning game is for British viewers funnily enough so as to bypass the protection 3pm gate.  But on the whole the reason behind it is the Asian market.  Hence (coupled with the Premier League situation) why I protest so much.

• 3 weeks later...

U338867_019_20170407002108-282-kVAI--980

Celta doctor says Rossi's injury could be serious

The head of Celta Vigo's medical department Juan José García Cota said after Celta's game against SD Eibar that the Italian striker Giuseppe Rossi asked to be changed after he felt a snapping sensation in his left knee.  Rossi has had multiple cruciate ligament injuries during his career, so the medical staff have taken it seriously and even after initial explorations haven't come out with any visible injury, Celta will be investigating even further due to Rossi saying something is very wrong.

Celta Vigo fans are awaiting further updates in the next few hours as to what the injury may be.  If confirmed that Giuseppe Rossi has a serious knee injury, then this is just such bad luck for the player who has had his career hampered with these issues from a very young age.

El médico dice que la lesión de Rossi “puede ser grave”

Edited by SirBalon

• The topic was pinned