talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

On 05/02/2019 at 13:41, SchalkeUK said:

Any Rayo Vallecano fans on here.  If so, please accept the apologies of all 04 fans for passing on our worst payer of the past seasons to you in the hope that someone is silly enough to accept him! I suppose a new club might inspire something different from a guy who used to be good - no very good - but has lost all skill and sometimes even belief in himself.  That could be down to the disgraceful man-management set up at 04 at present.  My contacts there tell me off the field he is a great guy - honest and respectful so maybe - just maybe the move will be positive.  I will be watching with interest.  Good luck Franco :twothumbsup:

Speaking of Rayo, Mario Suarez was the best player on the park yesterday against Atletico Madrid and it makes you wonder why he went to Rayo(with all due respects to them) rather than a side such as Real Betis, as he still has a lot left to give and has only just turned 31. A coup for Rayo either way, they have done well to sign him.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Xabi Alonso: Ex-Liverpool midfielder leads Real Madrid U13s to a league title

_106209076_gettyimages-685962456.jpg

Alonso retired as a player at the end of the 2016/17 season, after winning the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich

Former Liverpool and Bayern Munich midfielder Xabi Alonso has won his first trophy in his inaugural season as a coach, leading Real Madrid's under-13s to a league title.

Infantil A beat Adarve away on Wednesday to win the Division de Honor Juvenil with three games to go.

"It is my first season and it has been very positive," the 37-year-old said.

"The stars of this is them [the team]. The ones that deserve it is them," he added.

"They're only 13 years old, but they're doing things that older players do. That's what it's all about.

"They're the ones that are on the pitch and fight, play, know how to suffer, and have made us enjoy it very much."

Alonso won club honours with Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, as well as the World Cup and two European Championships.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47732851

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Why did Barca's drop by about 8k in 2017/18? Was that the season where they had to play a game where fans couldn't enter due to the Catalan/Spain politics?

Most stadia attendances dropped that campaign. It was a very odd season and I remember there were a number of articles written on it at the start of that season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guti: “I dream of being a coach, I’m not thinking about Real Madrid”

Real Madrid’s former magic man in the midfield was unveiled last night as an ambassador for La Liga. During the ceremony, media was granted access to ask questions to the new inductees with Jose Maria Guti being asked about Zidane, Real Madrid, and his coaching aspirations.

“Is it my dream to coach Real Madrid? No. My dream is to be a coach, that’s all. Real Madrid is separate. When I speak of Real Madrid, I speak as a fan. I dream of being a coach, that’s it,” Guti stated. After a twitter post criticizing Zidane and the team in Paris, many felt Guti was possibly positioning himself for the Madrid job. Guti looked to clarify those statements, by commenting on Zidane’s body of work. “Nobody is going to do what Zidane has done as a coach at Real Madrid. It’s always hard to return to a team and, little by little, they’re improving”.

Questions soon turned to the former Madridista’s playing days, where he was asked, as so often is the case, about his back-heel assist to Benzema. “It’s true that I am always reminded of my back-heel assist to Benzema against Deportivo, but my favorite is another back-heel pass, which was to Zidane against Sevilla. But it is true, everywhere I go they remind me of it a lot,” he told reporters at the La Liga Ambassadors event.

It’s clear, Guti is eager to be handed the managerial role for a European club. After his resounding success with Real Madrid’s Juvenil A, there had been interest from second division sides, but instead Guti opted to take the assistant manager role at Besiktas. After his stint in Turkey, where the club was marred in controversy, Guti is now ready to take the reigns as first team coach elsewhere. Madrid fans will eagerly watch his development as a manager given he has already showed great promise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 17/10/2019 at 14:05, Cicero said:

Villarreal vs Atletico to be played in Miami O.o

Villarreal-Atletico Madrid will not be played in Miami after court ruling

Plans to play Villarreal's home game against Atletico Madrid on 6 December in Miami have been abandoned.

A Spanish court has decided not to grant "interim measures" to allow La Liga to stage the game as a decisive case on the issue of matches being held abroad is to take place in early 2020.

The planned game is being blocked by the Spanish Football Association.

The court will make a final ruling on whether the FA can prevent La Liga from holding a game in the US in February.

Last year Barcelona abandoned plans to play a game against Girona in Miami because of a "lack of consensus".

FULL REPORT

Quote.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...